It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No bluff: U.S. planning possible withdrawal of all troops from Afghanistan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

"Do you know why Karzai refuses to sign a deal with the US? Because the US wants immunity for all US assets from Afghan law. They want to continue kicking in innocent peoples doors in the middle of the night. The Afghans, understandably....don't want this"

Unless you are personal friends with Karzai, your guess on why he has not signed the BSA is as good as mine. As for the night raids...for over a year all raids have been lead by Afghan SF, supported by US SF. The local Afghan commanders are aware of the raids prior to. The latest intelligence is used to get the correct location, however since the targets move around often, mistakes are made. In a very high percent of these raids, not a shot is fired. And OFCOURSE they are done at night...that's when you catch the bad guys off guard!

And finally...the Afghan's don't want us there...explain the Loya Jirga approving the BSA in November...Afghan Military and Police commanders speaking out to have NATO say...and all 11 of the Presidential candidates have stated they will sign it. It is only Karzai himself stopping it. Why, there are several theories, but no one really know.

Finally...the Bilateral Security Agreement does state immunity from Afghan law, not US. This is the same type of agreement the US has with almost every nation we have troops in. Those crimes can be as minor as a traffic accident...or as major as murder. This is done, because in most cases, that soldier would never get a fair trail in the host nation. However, the US and wave this, which has been done in Japan and allow the host nation to trial the soldier.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Some people only respect those who inspire fear. I am worthy of such respect. Because wherever I go there will be a trail of dead bodies. Not from blood but from spirit recall. There is only one spirit and when the time comes the man will call all spirits back to himself that have even the slightest wish to harm him. The only safe thing to do is love him. It will be much easier for tribal leaders to respect him than for Christian fundies. The dead bodies are going to pile up like during the plague. What terrorist respect is terror.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

----Thread update----

reply to post by allthings2allmen

Pakistani jets bomb militant hideout a day after Taliban ceasefire plan

(Reuters) - Pakistani warplanes bombed the hideout of a militant leader, killing five insurgents, the military said on Sunday, only a day after the Pakistani Taliban declared a one-month ceasefire to pursue stalled peace talks with the government.

The target of the attack, Mullah Tamanchey, directed a deadly assault against a convoy carrying a polio vaccination team and security forces on Saturday in which 12 people were killed, the military said.

"The government is not going to tolerate any act of terror and any act will be replied to," said a Pakistani security official who asked not to be identified.

Hours after the attack on the convoy, the Taliban had said they would observe a one-month ceasefire to try to revive peace talks that failed last month. It also called on other militant groups to observe the ceasefire.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I guess they need those troops for Ukraine?

Sounds like the same reason we left Iraq.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Attacking during holidays, kill and then declare a cease fire or declare a cease fire and then kill. Attack during Ramadan or attack churches. Attack during prayer time. All this fair in war. I for example believe in pig power. I think we should equip soldiers with spray bottles and claim that there pig urine in it. Then send in troops to spray everything so that those poor little martyrs can't go to heaven and collect their seventy two virgins. I would spread the rumor that all dead Jihad warriors will be ritually desecrated with pig blood. Just the rumor would send them scurrying away from the battle field. Praise the lard and pass the bacon. Those who live by fear shall die by fear. It does not matter that there is only clean water the rumor is enough to win a battle with a fire truck. Siggy the piggy AKA cochonet les deux eglises has struck again.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The US left Iraq to prepare for the Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The US left Iraq the same reason we are going to leave Afghanistan.

Leaving Afghanistan for the Ukraine was sarcasm, sorry I didn't make it clear.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Pakistan grills the US in public for drone strikes then Obama threatens to leave Afghanistan now all of a sudden Pakistan starts doing airstrikes against those very same type of targets...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

allthings2allmen
Some people only respect those who inspire fear. I am worthy of such respect. Because wherever I go there will be a trail of dead bodies. Not from blood but from spirit recall. There is only one spirit and when the time comes the man will call all spirits back to himself that have even the slightest wish to harm him. The only safe thing to do is love him. It will be much easier for tribal leaders to respect him than for Christian fundies. The dead bodies are going to pile up like during the plague. What terrorist respect is terror.

Oddly enough, I do not fear you, nor does my spirit fear your awesome ability to snatch it away. Also oddly enough, my respect fell several notches when you demanded it, and several more when you threatened to revoke spirits, and even further when you decided the best thing to do was to gather spirits that wish to arm you TO yourself. That just ain't smart.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Being smart is not my forte. I am so brave it might be called stupid. I cannot feel fear because my body cannot produce adrenaline so I am not impressed by your lack of fear either. My post was intended to put fear in terrorist who are mostly of the Muslim religion. The post was about the war on terrorism and I was just saying how we can win without firing one shot which if you want you could call smart. Find a few dead militants and put a cross on their foreheads with lip stick. Drive road spraying equipment around the most targeted IUD roads to suppress the dust. Take some of those fire fighting planes and drop tons of fire retardant on known militant compounds. Then when inquests are made about these non conventional tactics just spread the rumor that there is pig products in the water or on the lip stick. There will not be a shot fired that day but mostly the militants will go home and disband. Call me stupid all you want and I do not want your respect either. Sincerley Siggy the Piggy.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

allthings2allmen

Call me stupid all you want and I do not want your respect either. Sincerley Siggy the Piggy.

It's good that we have an understanding then.

You should leave war planning to the professionals, and leave IUDs in the Planned Parenthood clinics. IUDs stop babies - not soldiers.

Don't quit your day job - a Master of War you are not.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I will remember those words. The indoctrinated militants are not like American soldiers who are trained and conditioned by breaking down of the self and incorporated into the unit. They are brain washed into believing that they will become martyrs. They are afraid of nothing except they are superstitious. What I am saying is that by preying on their superstitions you can defeat them by taking away their reward thereby deprograming them. My Dad was a marine and he fought in Korea as a snipper. I know how a marine thinks. You can ask my father I am a natural leader. And I do know the art of war. Killing human beings would be no problem for me. I signed the draft to go to Vietnam unlike some of our commanders in chief who did not and went to London instead. Had I not missed the lottery by one number you would be talking to a mass murderer right now. As it is I have not killed a single person yet. My first prophecy when I was twenty was that the world is a mixture between a bordello and a slaughter house. You would call me a sick psychopath and I would not defend myself of that charge. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Now to get back to the war on terrorism........ you wanted to say! Sorry about the misspelling of IED. To late now. The funny thing is that I can tell when someone doesn't like me they always point out my bad spelling. But you are so smart you figured it out didn't you?
edit on 4-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

allthings2allmen

Being smart is not my forte. I am so brave it might be called stupid.

Anyone who has ever seen the elephant won't confuse the two.

I cannot feel fear because my body cannot produce adrenaline so I am not impressed by your lack of fear either.

Didn't say it to impress you, just to let you know. I'm not even a tiny bit worried about you sucking my soul away. I have a hard time believing you are "worthy of the respect of one who inspires fear", if excising souls is the best you've got. Fear is not caused by the production of adrenaline, that production is a response to fear already felt. It just prepares the body for fight or flight - the mind is already racing. Without it, your body betrays you in tight situations.

That ends poorly, more often than not.

My post was intended to put fear in terrorist who are mostly of the Muslim religion. The post was about the war on terrorism and I was just saying how we can win without firing one shot which if you want you could call smart.

I don't want.

Find a few dead militants and put a cross on their foreheads with lip stick. Drive road spraying equipment around the most targeted IUD roads to suppress the dust. Take some of those fire fighting planes and drop tons of fire retardant on known militant compounds. Then when inquests are made about these non conventional tactics just spread the rumor that there is pig products in the water or on the lip stick. There will not be a shot fired that day but mostly the militants will go home and disband. Call me stupid all you want and I do not want your respect either. Sincerley Siggy the Piggy.

You must not know many Muslims. I do - very well. I've even known several of the militant variety in times past. Your plan will not work. It would not have even worked against the Moros in the Philippines, which action is what you are basing it on. It sure as hell won't work against the Middle Eastern militant types of the modern day. You're gonna need more than mere "rumors".

There IS a plan along those lines that may work, but it goes whole hog, and you'd better be ready for a gutting when you implement it. If you're gonna do it, do it right, not half-assed, and be ready for the reaction which would be sure to come.

I don't think you're "stupid" - far from it. I DO think you are ignorant of many of the things you speak of. Ignorance can be cured, if you take the time to handle it.

It makes me ecstatic that you don't want my respect. that's one less thing we have to haggle over that I won't budge on.

edit on 2014/3/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

allthings2allmen
reply to post by nenothtu

I will remember those words.

Good. I've managed to accomplish something today then!

The indoctrinated militants are not like American soldiers who are trained and conditioned by breaking down of the self and incorporated into the unit. They are brain washed into believing that they will become martyrs.

Indoctrination is indoctrination, and brainwashing is brainwashing. Still, I do believe you know whereof you speak concerning those subjects. I daresay you've made a study of them. Therefore, I suppose I must defer to your expertise in those fields.

They are afraid of nothing except they are superstitious.

Being afraid and showing fear are two entirely different things. If they are unafraid of anything due to their "indoctrination" and their "brainwashing", and you too are unafraid of anything, what conclusion is one to draw from that equation?

What I am saying is that by preying on their superstitions you can defeat them by taking away their reward thereby deprograming them.

That will not deprogram them. Maybe I'd better rethink your expertise in matters of indoctrination and brainwashing. Even if it DID "deprogram" them, that just leaves a blank slate to be reprogrammed, and therein lies the danger.

My Dad was a marine and he fought in Korea as a snipper. I know how a marine thinks.

Yay. I have no clue as to how a Marine thinks, nor do I need a clue. Marines handle that for me. They think like Marines better than I could ever hope to.

You can ask my father I am a natural leader.

I'm not a leader. I have no desire to be, and having that desire is one of the parts of being a leader.

There is more to being a leader than simply gathering a following. The number of self-proclaimed "natural leaders" who have led their followers to complete and utter destruction is staggering over the course of history. It usually starts with a half-assed "plan".

And I do know the art of war.

Of course you do, Young Jedi! I can see that in your swagger!

Killing human beings would be no problem for me.

You know, I have no problem actually believing that statement, for various reasons. still, I must caution you that killing in the real world isn't like the movies, and once done, you don't come home to pretty girls throwing flower petals in you path and ticker-tape parades. Get yourself ready for some sweaty, sleepless nights - unless you have a peculiar sort of psychopathology.

Those folks you kill don't always stay dead. You carry them with you everywhere you go.

I signed the draft to go to Vietnam unlike some of our commanders in chief who did not and went to London instead.

Yay. I signed up for the draft, too - it's a law, you know. They don't give you special kudos for doing it. I didn't go to London, either - I marched my young ass straight into the smoke, because the draft was lagging behind.

Had I not missed the lottery by one number you would be talking to a mass murderer right now.

That statement tells me pretty much everything I need to know about you and your "war expertise". I'm glad you managed to "dodge the bullet" and didn't wind up as Manson's cellmate.

As it is I have not killed a single person yet.

Good for you. Here's a cookie.

My first prophecy when I was twenty was that the world is a mixture between a bordello and a slaughter house.

Nice world you have there. I don't generally do "prophecy" so much as "epiphany". One prophecy long ago, and it had nothing to do with Afghanistan, the Middle East, or much of anything involving politics.

You would call me a sick psychopath and I would not defend myself of that charge.

'Nuff said then.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

How exactly does that work for one who feels no fear?

Now to get back to the war on terrorism........ you wanted to say! Sorry about the misspelling of IED. To late now. The funny thing is that I can tell when someone doesn't like me they always point out my bad spelling. But you are so smart you figured it out didn't you?

No particular reason I should like you, or you me. I generally let your misspellings slide since they are negligible, but that one was a bit much, given the subject matter.

I'm not all that bright, really, but my Father DOES call me "Sun"!

Did I spell that right?

edit on 2014/3/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
There was a neighborhood in London that was in uproar about a plan to build a mosque in the middle of it. Building permits were granted funding was secured and no amount of protest was going to stop it. So the people against it collected enough money to buy a whole pig and buried it on site with picture to prove it which were latter published in the local paper. The project was abandoned with no legal battles or any protests. I am not saying that Mullahs are not capable of thinking but that people who are influenced by Mullahs are already stupid enough to swallow any kind of story. I can understand that when force is called for force it should be but soft options should be tried first. As far as I am concerned Bombing Mecca with pork shredded pork pieces from high altitude would put an end to that stupid pilgrimage. Desecration of location is just as effective tactic in war as any other. Do you know what a PIG is? It is a professionally trained gunman. Do you know what a HOG is? It is a hunter of guns. Are you a snipper? You sure enjoy snipping at me on this board. Go ahead and enjoy it. One more question. What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning? I make my bed to look as if no one slept in it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
By the way Russia has the right to have 25000 troops in Crimea since 1999 in accordance to the Kiev Moscow agreement. It is portrayed in the western media as if a full invasion was under way. It is none of our business. The Zionist war mongers are at it again,

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The Arab League sits back and does nothing while Palestinians are persecuted and murdered.
Pres Bush was well known NWO and he was bosom buddies with the Sauds.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PhilWhaley71

Remember JP ? He sold Abrams tanks to the Saudis for the Carlile group. I don't think he has that in his resume.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

allthings2allmen
There was a neighborhood in London that was in uproar about a plan to build a mosque in the middle of it. Building permits were granted funding was secured and no amount of protest was going to stop it. So the people against it collected enough money to buy a whole pig and buried it on site with picture to prove it which were latter published in the local paper. The project was abandoned with no legal battles or any protests.

That's not quite the way I heard the story, or the place, but I'll allow a Muslim to disabuse you of your superstitions concerning Islamic beliefs. Probably a lot more effective coming form them than from me.

I am not saying that Mullahs are not capable of thinking but that people who are influenced by Mullahs are already stupid enough to swallow any kind of story. I can understand that when force is called for force it should be but soft options should be tried first. As far as I am concerned Bombing Mecca with pork shredded pork pieces from high altitude would put an end to that stupid pilgrimage. Desecration of location is just as effective tactic in war as any other.

I dunno. A terrorist attack, death, destruction, and blood all over the place didn't shut it down when the Iranians had a go at a takeover of the Masjid there. I'd imagine they could clean up pork chops just as easily as the blood puddles from that attack.

I believe you are placing a bit too much faith in "the other white meat". Are you seriously willing to bet lives on that superstition of yours?

Do you know what a PIG is? It is a professionally trained gunman.

Don't know about that. I've never heard it. I AM a "professionally trained gunman", made my living toting a gun for years and years, and never heard the term in that context. I recall a "PIG" being an M60 machine gun years ago, but I dunno if it's still used since the army has gone to lighter calibers.

Do you know what a HOG is? It is a hunter of guns.

Never heard that term in that context, either. We called "hunters of guns" "metal detectors", GPR", that sort of thing.

Are you a snipper? You sure enjoy snipping at me on this board.

No, I'm not a sniper. The longest shot I ever made was I believe around 600 meters at a head-sized target with a Remington 700 set up for sniping. I made the shot, but it was mostly luck. The people observing thought otherwise, and for all my protests of a "lucky shot, a slop-shot", they thought I was being falsely modest, so I stopped protesting and let them think what they wanted to. I know the facts of it, and that's enough. I usually carried an assault rifle, not a sniper rifle, or at times an SMG, shotgun, or later mostly a handgun. None of those are known as particularly long range weapons. I'm not a soldier, and never have been under the most commonly held definition of that avocation of "national service soldier". I never served in the US military, but have lots of friends who have, as well as lots who have served in the militaries of other nations, most of whom I met at work.

Go ahead and enjoy it. One more question. What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning? I make my bed to look as if no one slept in it.

Generally, when I first wake in the morning, I stay still and listen, then after a few minutes open my eyes and look around my field of view without moving my head, and then finally do a complete survey of my surroundings. Nowadays, I generally say "thank you" as my wife hands me a cup of coffee before I can even get out of bed.

Life changes over time, it seems.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

allthings2allmen

By the way Russia has the right to have 25000 troops in Crimea since 1999 in accordance to the Kiev Moscow agreement. It is portrayed in the western media as if a full invasion was under way. It is none of our business. The Zionist war mongers are at it again,

"Zionist war mongers" my ass. Everybody seems to want to blame every ill of the world on those candy-ass Zionists. They've become the new "bogey-men" in the modern age. What the hell do Zionists have to do with a Russian invasion of .... Russia?

I can't think of a time Russia didn't have a right to house their troops on their own turf, and I can't think of a time when the Ukraine and Crimea were NOT Russian turf. Remember the Crimean War? It wasn't Boers the Brits were fighting there. OF COURSE Russia has a right to have troops in their own turf, and it really AIN'T none of our business. It's just another civil war, just like the one that Obama and Co. tried to get us involved in in Syria.

Please, try to leave those ineffectual "Zionists" out of your scary tales. You'll probably find more Zionists hiding under your bed or in your closet and waiting for you to turn out the light than you will bending Putin's ear.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join