It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No bluff: U.S. planning possible withdrawal of all troops from Afghanistan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hmmm....So...now who's supplying all the poppy to big pharama?

America shouldn't have any troops anywhere in the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That's why I stated we shouldn't completely leave them hanging dry.
reply to post by SLAYER69

What else do you think spending another decade in Afghanistan is going to do? Suddenly make the Afghans want to give up their tribal traditions and revert to western style "democracy"? It will NEVER happen. It was never going to happen.

90% of Afghans have no idea why the Americans are occupying their country. The American Military has killed FAR more innocent people than the Taliban ever dreamed of. You failed miserably to win the hearts and minds of the people.....another decade of killing them isn't going to change that.

Do you know why Karzai refuses to sign a deal with the US? Because the US wants immunity for all US assets from Afghan law. They want to continue kicking in innocent peoples doors in the middle of the night. The Afghans, understandably....don't want this. All of this at a cost to the US taxpayer of 5 TRILLION dollars to accomplish NOTHING.

The US's constant meddling in the affairs of other countries has left over a million people dead, over 5 million refugees and destroyed most of these countries critical infrastructure. Entire families wiped out in drone strikes.

I think you've done quite enough already. Time to go.
edit on 26-2-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

deadcalm
What else do you think spending another decade in Afghanistan is going to do? Suddenly make the Afghans want to give up their tribal traditions and revert to western style "democracy"?

No

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

We don't win wars anymore.
reply to post by beezzer

These "wars" were never meant to be won. They were meant to be never-ending and therefore OBSCENELY profitable to the US Military Industrial Complex.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

That is what we do as an Ally of the US.
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Meh....today's ally is tomorrow's axis of evil. You are only an ally of the US as long as you are towing the line. Step out of line and the US will drop you faster than a bad habit. See...Iran, Iraq.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

We are gutting defense to pay for the nanny state
reply to post by neo96

Wrong. Last year the US spent $682 BILLION dollars on defence. The next nearest country in spending was China at $166 BILLION. More importantly, 14 out of the 15 top military spenders in the world are US allies. Even China isn't technically an enemy, however I'm counting them as such. You could cut half of the US defence budget and still outspend the Chinese by over 100 BILLION.

Source

And that is making the world more dangerous.

I disagree....strongly. I submit to you that the US has destabilized the entire ME with these wars that acheived NOTHING. I don't know anyone who thinks that the world is a safer place now than it was 12 years ago (including the US Intelligence establishment), before this madness started. By killing over a million innocent people in 3 countries you have created a whole new batch of terrorists. All of this at a bargain cost of 5 TRILLION added to the US national debt.

The Us adminstration doesn't know what the hell it is doing.

Now at least that is something we can agree on.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

deadcalm

reply to post by beezzer

These "wars" were never meant to be won. They were meant to be never-ending and therefore OBSCENELY profitable to the US Military Industrial Complex.

Thus my comparison to war and big pharma.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Wrong.

Hardly

Last year the US spent $682 BILLION dollars on defence.

So what ?

SO WHAT ?

For the umpteenth time WE SPEND MORE ON EVERYTHING that EVERYONE ELSE.

I disagree....strongly. I submit to you that the US has destabilized the entire ME with these wars that acheived NOTHING.

Hardly.

From the CENTURIES of Iran/ and Saudi ( Sunni/ Shia) playing a world game of whose 'cooler'.

Two religious sects within Islam vying for dominance.

To the colonials powers of Europe someone else created that GD mess.

Nice try 'blaming' the US there.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

beezzer

deadcalm

reply to post by beezzer

Sorry.

Iraq, and Afghanistan has been extremely profitable to China. and Iran, Pakistan's, and Russia's 'military industrial complex', and their 'big oil' complex.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

neo96

beezzer

deadcalm

reply to post by beezzer

Sorry.

Iraq, and Afghanistan has been extremely profitable to China. and Iran, Pakistan's, and Russia's 'military industrial complex', and their 'big oil' complex.

Mission execution in Afghanistan sucked Neo. It just did. Mission goals read like something out of the New York Times. It became political and took the warrior out of the war.

The Air Force and Navy should have carpet bombed.

Then sent in Marines and Army.

Plant a flag, have a politician weanie give a speech, hold a parade, then build a base and move on.

This war was executed badly from start to finish. It was not a war designed to win, in my humble opinion.
edit on 26-2-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Mission execution in Afghanistan sucked Neo.

Yes it did, and it truly got cluster effed with the new guy in office, with his asinine ROE's.

. Mission goals read like something out of the New York Times. It became political and took the warrior out of the war.

That is what 'war' has become, political.

The last time this country threw its ENTIRE weight behind a war as World War 2.

Once Bin Laden was killed we should have left then.

The military's job is not winning hearts or minds, it is not nation building.

It's job is to kill the enemy, and come home alive.

That is the military mission goal.

Politic's made it entirely something else.

This war was executed badly from start to finish. It was not a war designed to win, in my humble opinion.

I agree with you Beezer whole heartedly.

They didn't want to win it,because they use the vilian as an excuse to increase the Spy complex.

They condemned one administration for it, and they turn a blind eye to the current administration doing the same thing.

Both Iraq, and Afghanistan could have been won.

From extreme gun barrel 'diplomacy' calling out, and sanctioning those countries who armed, and still armed 'terrorists; to the boots on the ground.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
After years of gleeful TV news programs showing footage of the Russians getting their asses kicked back to Russia and the Russians saying it was a nightmare someone should have sat up a took notice.

They sure did take notice as in a major invasion of a sovereign nation and now its gone all haywire too.

As lots of posters above have stated it is a "Fact" Afghanistan cannot be tamed not concurred.

Never should have been there in the first place and the US should know better than that.

Regards, Iwinder
ETA We here in Canada should have known better as well, but not so if anything the Canadian Government was more reckless than I can recall.

They even leased ( Yes leased German Tanks) just to get into this waste of lives and money war.

edit on 26-2-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

We're not bluffing, the Obama administration told Afghanistan on Tuesday

This made me laugh out loud, very hard, and for a long time.

Thank you for the comedic moment this evening... I needed a good joke.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Don't be sorry....just cite any evidence that any of these countries have profitted from these illegal and immoral wars of agression by the US.

Sorry just isn't a valid argument. Show us some facts.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

deadcalm

reply to post by neo96

Don't be sorry....just cite any evidence that any of these countries have profitted from these illegal and immoral wars of agression by the US.

Sorry just isn't a valid argument. Show us some facts.

You need a link for Russian,China,Pakistan,and Iran arms sales ?

REALLY ?

YOU NEED A LINK for that ?

That argument is ROCK SOLID.

Since they are all world's largest arms dealers.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The Air Force and Navy should have carpet bombed.
reply to post by beezzer

Seriously? What is wrong with you people? Have you no respect for the sanctity of human life?

An explicit ban on area bombardment was first codified in the 1977 Additional Protocol I, which applies to bombardments of cities, towns, villages, or other areas containing a concentration of civilians. An attack by bombardment by any methods or means that treats as a single military objective a number of clearly separated and distinct military objectives is considered to be an indiscriminate attack and is prohibited.

Crimes of War- Carpet and Area Bombing

If you are going to resort to these types of tactics....what makes you any better than the terrorists you claim to despise?

Reminds me of an old saying....."be careful the shadow you chase, is not the one you cast"

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Winning a war is a topic for another thread.

I was only attempting to illustrate that, in no way, was there any attempt to actually "win" this war.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Actually, it was all but won at one point... but some people disagreed with that, and messed it up... purposefully or ignorantly I do not know...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

darn it ... double posted - through no fault of my own, I might add.
edit on 26-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

No need to drag the Pakistani ISI into this. They've helped enough already as is...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join