It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No bluff: U.S. planning possible withdrawal of all troops from Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes I read that this morning.Why the hell are we STILL there with Karzai's lack of cooperation anyway?And as this administration is busy cutting away their benefits and equipment who the hell is going to want to enlist for these god forsaken deployments?
The Op is correct.Afghan better fix its own problems.US troops weren't meant to be a permanent fix.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

seabag

olaru12

Douriff
reply to post by Plugin

ah ok, so the troups will be needed elsewhere soon I gues?

all aboard..........next stop, Iran and N. Korea. Tickets please!!

I predict we will not have another war with Korea.

I also predict US will begin a political swing towards non-interventionism (something I scoffed at until I understood).

I hope I'm right...though I seldom am. Maybe more wishful thinking than anything.

If this Ukraine conflict escalates the way I think it will; there is no way the US will not be involved. Actually they already are with the black ops behind the scenes. This could spin out of control very fast.

The US is in the business of war and business will continue to be good imo. We are a warrior/police nation and that's not gonna change; regardless of who's in the WH. I think history will bear me out!!!

We may draw down in the mideast but there will always be a large presence there of either troops or contractors that our tax dollars pay for. Those oil companies will need protection. Halliburton will always be there.
edit on 26-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why ?

Because of the same ideology as we saw with the Clinton cuts.

Look how the last decade turned out.

If people think we withdrawl from the world, and we will just be 'left' alone.

That ain't going to happen.

IT takes YEARS to build up defense.

It Takes Years to build weapon systems.

IT takes YEARS to train an effective combat force.

Some people not you think all we have to do is wave a hand and slap an M4 in to somebodies hand and call them a soldier.

While I know for a fact our military spending (and all government spending) is wasteful and nearly out of control, I think history has shown us that large military cut backs make US vulnerable. We barely had enough forces to enter Korea after WW2. Why? Because everyone waving the victory flag thought the happy ending was next…but there are no happy endings, you’re right. We did it again after Vietnam and forced tens of thousands of lifers out. We did again it under Clinton. Now it’s Obama’s turn. As much as I think gutting military is a mistake, I also think our presence overseas without direct threat to national security is a mistake. It’s time to lead by example and be GREAT again. How do we demand peace while starting wars and profiteering (or at least giving that impression)?

I say let’s cap spending…all spending. I think that’s not only reasonable but also responsible. We have plenty of defense funding right now.

Big mistake to gut the military. Bigger mistake to use military force under false pretenses...time and time again...to satisfy the personal agendas of the elite.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Karzai is losing it.
A troop reduction would be a good thing.
But a complete withdrawal could result in
bad Ju Ju.

S&F

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My message to the ME: Namaste!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

We may draw down in the mideast but there will always be a large presence there of either troops or contractors that our tax dollars pay for.
It doesn’t have to be that way but it likely will. We don’t have a presence in Vietnam.

The US is in the business of war and business will continue to be good imo. We are a warrior/police nation and that's not gonna change; regardless of who's in the WH. I think history will bear me out!!!
You’re probably right.

Politics used to be a hobby for me; something I followed for entertainment. The more I look for answers, the more I uncover and the less I care to follow it anymore. I truly want to go back to the old days…

Be careful what you look for because you can’t UN-SEE something once you’ve seen it!!

I'm sticking with my prediction for no future wars...if for no other reason besides maintaining my own sanity.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by seabag

My message to the ME: Namaste!

I've been accused of both. LOL

What's your beef, Amigo?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I say let’s cap spending…all spending. I think that’s not only reasonable but also responsible. We have plenty of defense funding right now.

I say reform starting at the top then go down.

Not what the current admin is doing from the bottom, and leaving the top in place.

Big mistake to gut the military. Bigger mistake to use military force under false pretenses...time and time again...to satisfy the personal agendas of the elite.

Never going to happen.

Because of political agendas that have increased our dependence on foreign countries.

The defense cuts, and just not the recent ones either for the last 6 years it has been cut nonstop.

To satisfy the personal agenda of the Nanny state in chief.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Middle East = Islam
Namaste = Hinduism

was expecting something like Salam!
edit on 2/26/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Blowing 7 trillion dollars on anything is a bad thing. Yes that includes your precious military.

As oppose to the 'precious' nanny state ?

What part of that is someone missing ?

The reason they are gutting defense is to pay for the nanny state.

WE ARE NOT SAVING MONEY.

WE WILL BE SPENDING MORE MONEY.

That is an alternate issue. But just because we may reallocate the fund saved by reducing military spending is no reason to NOT reduce military spending. All you've done is just demonstrate that right after making a good decision, the government will make a bad decision. But the bad decision doesn't automatically make the good decision faulty. It is still a good decision and should be carried out.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nobody have won war in Afghanistan and will never win EVER ! Even If you drop all nukes Russia and US have , some tribal will survive.They are like cockroaches.If Us forces leave , then CIA and other agencies will have to find another source of money for their black operations.They don't like to beg the Congress.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Blah.blah,blah.

Seems the current administration has an epic record of making the WRONG decisions.

But hey the social programs 'need' to be paid for right ?

From the cost of the Care Act to the TRILLIONS we are spending on social engineering programs:

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

online.wsj.com...

That's the total NOT INCLUDING defense.

Here's more to ignore:

www.usdebtclock.org...

That $17 trillion in debt is mostly due to social engineering programs, but WHO CARES !

Oh then there is that fabulous thing called 'unfunded liabilities' that can't be paid for because that is the true cost of all the promises made that can never be paid for.

At a 'measly' $128 trillion dollars.

Yes sirrie them 'fiscal conservative's' sure are going to save a 'penny' or two compared to the largest cause of US DEBT.
edit on 26-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

olaru12

Douriff
reply to post by Plugin

ah ok, so the troups will be needed elsewhere soon I gues?

all aboard..........next stop, Iran and N. Korea. Tickets please!!

Ukraine as matinee showing, pheraps?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Finally, we have decided that we can't save the Afgans from themselves and will let them go their own way. Growing poppies will be the new revenue of in those parts, like oil is to other countries. The Taliban and Karzi obviously have struck a deal where they all will be rich and they want us outta there. What counts in terms of a New World Order foreign policy is that the whole country is so backwards it will never will be a major world threat and will remain as an abject lesson to other countries that think that adhering to old views is a smart move.

The taint of cheap poppy sap will flow across that country and ooze over all borders in that part of the continent, effecting economies, weak and thieving with a new preoccupation among other pressures.

Once it was thought wise to bring hindmost countries up to modern thinking by civilized methods: internal regime change, political dialogue, economic development and a few other gimmicks. However. Afghanistan was recognized as a hard nut to crack after the Soviet's problems there but still thought "salvageable" by the second option of choice available to the NWO charter members. That choice was the further use of the gross efforts used on Iraq. "Bombing them back into the Stone Age" was a familiar cry in the lobbied halls of government in the early days as Taliban cannon blasted away quaint religious monuments that few Westerners knew anything about. Even after a decades of extreme effort, that tactic of "rescue" has not worked. That pitiful civilization already existed in that lowly state and had never risen above it.

That option was an easy choice at the time as the West had a military-industrial complex already in full motion. They couldn't stop making money because one war was over! What else was out there? Of course, the dice were cast on that war even before it began, but who cared. It made corporations rich and generals famous.

Eventually, more by circumstances than choice, the two basic MOs of the New World Order to change nations by hook or crook or to obliterate them is switched to the distasteful third option first used in Viet Nam, pure abandonment. An act of capitulation on the main issue, in truth, leaving the undefeatable in charge of their own destiny. In the chaos of Afghanistan, the people will be left hopeless and helpless in the throes of their own situation. Maybe no better or no worse than at the start. Yet, because of its chief product and lawless nature the country will be causing havoc to any nation in the vicinity. And since none of the good Westerners reside nearby, oceans away in fact, not a bad strategy when you are the losers.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by seabag

Middle East = Islam
Namaste = Hinduism

was expecting something like Salam!
edit on 2/26/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Well, I'm just a redneck from Texas. I can barely speak english.

...but I also could have made an intentional error in a weak attempt at humor.

You decide.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

neo96

Blah.blah,blah.

Seems the current administration has an epic record of making the WRONG decisions.

Yea just like the last administration, and the one before it, and the one before that, and on and on. Your statement says nothing new and you are just trying to wave it in my face to score political brownie points.

But hey the social programs 'need' to be paid for right ?

At least in the case of the OP, we are actually coming up with the funds to further fund these social programs instead of you know, just adding it to the current debt.

From the cost of the Care Act to the TRILLIONS we are spending on social engineering programs:

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

online.wsj.com...

And I agree, social programs need to be reeled in. But I really think we should actually try to get some jobs worth having in the country before trying to so something like that.

That's the total NOT INCLUDING defense.

Here's more to ignore:

www.usdebtclock.org...

That $17 trillion in debt is mostly due to social engineering programs, but WHO CARES !

I care. Did you miss my sentence about saying that we are destined for an economic collapse? STOP ASSUMING THAT I AM A DEMOCRATIC MOUTHPIECE!

Oh then there is that fabulous thing called 'unfunded liabilities' that can't be paid for because that is the true cost of all the promises made that can never be paid for.

At a 'measly' $128 trillion dollars.

Yes sirrie them 'fiscal conservative's' sure are going to save a 'penny' or two compared to the largest cause of US DEBT.

There is nothing fiscally conservative about YOUR position in this debate. You advocate slashing social programs while maintaining high military expenditure. If you were really about fiscal conservatism, you'd be advocating slashing of both military AND social programs. Stop throwing around political buzzwords and phrases that you don't truly know what they mean.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by buster2010

America should pull all personnel from the ME and shut down all the unneeded bases it is a waste of people and money.

Gee maybe if this country didn't have the nonstop gutting of DEFENSE for the past 40 years there wouldn't be any bases overseas.

That last decade of war people cry about so much ?

The direct result of defense gutting.

But hey who cares !

Sounds like the White House is in the thread.

Have you been paying attention to the war we have been fighting for the last decade? It's because we are attacking nations THAT HAVE NOT ATTACKED AMERICA. It's because our people are dying and they are not dying defending America. Do you support Americans lives being thrown away fighting some other countries war? How would you tell the parents of some kid that died in Afghanistan thanks to your child's sacrifice the opium is now flowing freely so somebody can die of a drug overdose. And defense is not being gutted but it is nice to see you support corporate welfare. You cry when it comes to social welfare but when it comes to cutting corporate welfare you are up in arms.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Karzai will eventually and in secret sign the agreement or we will begin hearing about a new pro-US leader in Afghanistan who is willing to sign that agreement.There is no way the MIC is gonna give up those basses and surrounding Iran and Russia.
edit on 042828p://1126 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Have you been paying attention to the war we have been fighting for the last decade? It's because we are attacking nations THAT HAVE NOT ATTACKED AMERICA.

Nah I didn't pay attention to that.

Nah I didn't pay attention to Clintons EPIC failures in foreign policy that CREATED the last decade of warfare.

Didn't pay any attention to Clinton having 4 chances to kill Bin Laden.

Didn't pay any attention to the First World Trade Center attack,

Didn't pay any attention to the USS COLE bombing.

Didn't pay any attention to the Kobar towers bombing.

Hell I didn't even pay attention to that Hollywood film "Path to Paradise'.

Nah I been totally living in a cave the last decade.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The first three paragraphs sum up the initial intent of our Government from the very first day we INVADED TWO SOVEREIGN NATIONS.We were not invited but apparently that doesn't disturb most Americans. " We're not bluffing " Really !? " Keeping several thousand [ how many is several thousand ? ] American troops in the country after combat operations conclude this year " This is the most disingenuous statement I've ever read.
We will stay ( this has been the plan since day one ) in Afghanistan and Iraq. American soldiers will continue to die. Afghan ( 123.000 last count ) and Iraq non combatants will continue to be killed by the U.S. Americas alleged representatives will continue to disregard the will of their constituents .All is well on Capital Hill, the insanity is never ending. What has become of the Country once admired which I was dumb enough to kill for ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join