It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No bluff: U.S. planning possible withdrawal of all troops from Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by butcherguy

The situation in Afghanistan will be essentially the same as it was before we went there.... warring tribes in a civil war, and the Taliban will be free to conduct their war on women, homosexuals and non-Muslims.

Yeah will be the same, except people getting droned at weddings, funerals, and collateral damage to villages and families and kids dying...

Im sure it will be better than how it is now.... the people are not between 2 blades of a guillotine, just one.

At least the death toll will go down. from both sides.

And they probably have better weapons and better trained people if the trained police quit doing their job & fight for the Taliban/warlords?
If I'm right 1 police officer being trained was costing €150.000...
Also the US left already allot of weapons behind, with retreating before since the costs are 2 high getting everything back (with planes and such) giving those people they where fighting allot of gear probably.

Anyways it was a total waste, so sad really.

Never made any sense yet they did it, crazy and those responsible for giving the ok for those wars, should be punished but of course that will never happen.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Pakistan an ally ?

No they aren't.

And in other news while Us troops get called back home:

Iraq is buying arms from Iran,

www.reuters.com...

And I am sure Iran, and Afghanistan are best buds now too.

The Us adminstration doesn't know what the hell it is doing.

Whether people like Cheney or not his comment was spot on.

We are gutting defense to pay for the nanny state.

There are no ifs',ands, or buts about it.

And that is making the world more dangerous.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
LOL

Everybody broke for lunch......

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

neo96
Pakistan an ally ?

No they aren't.

And in other news while Us troops get called back home:

Iraq is buying arms from Iran,

www.reuters.com...

And I am sure Iran, and Afghanistan are best buds now too.

The Us adminstration doesn't know what the hell it is doing.

Whether people like Cheney or not his comment was spot on.

We are gutting defense to pay for the nanny state.

There are no ifs',ands, or buts about it.

And that is making the world more dangerous.

As dangerous as America invading countries that never attacked America? And why would anyone listen to a traitor like Cheney the person who helped lead America into the so called war on terror. Oh yeah that's right Cheney was making big bucks from Halliburton what with the no bid contracts he handed them.

America should pull all personnel from the ME and shut down all the unneeded bases it is a waste of people and money.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If you really want to win in Afghanistan, you would have to go into the neighboring countries as well and destroy the factions that are supporting the insurgents...which then turns into a domino effect throughout the Middle East...having to go after the factions that are supplying the other factions and so forth.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

beezzer
I guess Vietnam was sooooo long ago that we've forgotten what happened.

Then again, we could look at Iraq, but that was soooo long ago as well.

We don't win wars anymore.

The same way that drug companies don't cure disease.

They look for "treatments" that'll bring about more money.

*shakes head*

Wow. I've never compared the war profiteers to our medical industry. How true. It's as if this is becoming the US patented "solution" to everything now days.

Drag it out. Suck out just enough poison to get you to sanctuary where they infect you with another. Rinse. Repeat.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

America should pull all personnel from the ME and shut down all the unneeded bases it is a waste of people and money.

Gee maybe if this country didn't have the nonstop gutting of DEFENSE for the past 40 years there wouldn't be any bases overseas.

That last decade of war people cry about so much ?

The direct result of defense gutting.

But hey who cares !

Sounds like the White House is in the thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I’m confident there is a NO course of action the US can take that will satisfy everyone….least of all me. The older I get, the less I want to see US troops used abroad. The youthful, naïve, enthusiastic outlook I once had about the world (especially during my military service) has slowly been replaced by the ‘grown up’ reality that the freedoms we enjoy (and many of us served to defend) are barely intact anymore. The wars in the ME (the wars many of us felt at the time were so justified) could possibly turn out to be no more than acts of corporate profiteering by our government. We quite literally have a corporate entity masquerading as the US Government. They’ve fostered an unrealistic sense of false patriotism by manipulating people via daily propaganda. Does anybody think we get the truth from the MSM about US military actions or the real agendas at play?

With regard to a full US withdrawl from Afghanistan, why shouldn’t we? I understand the argument that we made this mess so now we’re obligated to stay. I disagree! I’m tired of seeing Americans mislead into sacrificing everything for the benefit of a few. If some group wants to gather and train terrorists there or any other dust bowl country in the region….go right ahead!!! Our Air Force needs target practice.

My message to the ME: We’re leaving. Sorry about the mess but we’ve got to go now. We will not return unless you pose an immediate threat to our national security. Please carry on with your lives and live in peace. Should our presence be required in the area again, our children and grandchildren will return with such overwhelmingly devastating force you will be wiped from the pages of history and will no longer pose a threat to anyone. You will be forgotten. Namaste!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow that's pretty funny. Gutting an organization designed to kill other people so we can fund programs that make it so that people don't starve makes the world a more dangerous place. I've seen some crazy statements on this site in the past, but that one sure takes the taco. You aren't one of those people who happens to believe that us invading Iraq and Afghanistan was "defending our freedoms" do you?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I’m confident there is a NO course of action the US can take that will satisfy everyone….least of all me. The older I get, the less I want to see US troops used abroad

There is no stopping it.

Hell between the church of climatology who says we can't drill for oil here. We gotta get it from somewhere.

Then the same people who hate them evil corporations who create outsourcing that makes us more dependent on foreign goods by their asinine taxation, and regulation.

The world we see today is the one they created.

They sure do love to blame everyone, and everything EXCEPT themselves.

Every single year we grow more dependent on foreign countries.

No one in there right mind wants to see troops in harms way.

But the last 60 years has proven what a pipe dream that is.

The world is one giant crap sandwich, and we have always had to take a bite out of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by buster2010

Gee maybe if this country didn't have the nonstop gutting of DEFENSE for the past 40 years there wouldn't be any bases overseas.

That last decade of war people cry about so much ?

The direct result of defense gutting.

But hey who cares !

Sounds like the White House is in the thread.

Don't you think that may be in part driven by war profiteering? War is now an industry and it operates like any other.

Create demand, minimize overhead, and then outsource.

As far as "defense gutting", I can almost sympathize but "defense spending" is a term that not everybody defines the same. We FAR outspend the planet in military spending (some would call all of that "defense spending") yet it's never enough. So maybe the problem isn't the size of the budget but what the actual budget is going towards.

With what we spend, we could easily lock down our borders effectively that there would be no need for foreign military bases. CIA outposts/embassies, etc. would be plenty in conjunction with a solid defense.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by neo96

Wow that's pretty funny. Gutting an organization designed to kill other people so we can fund programs that make it so that people don't starve makes the world a more dangerous place. I've seen some crazy statements on this site in the past, but that one sure takes the taco. You aren't one of those people who happens to believe that us invading Iraq and Afghanistan was "defending our freedoms" do you?

Yeah it is funny blowing 7 trillion dollars in the last 6 years at the expense of the military,

And sorry people are not starving in this country.

Was invading Pakistan,Libya, and arming terrorists, in Syria 'defending' our freedoms. ?

Paid attention to the actions of the current administration?

What do people think is coming ?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Don't you think that may be in part driven by war profiteering

Yeah I do think defense cuts are driven by profiteering.

For the Welfare Industrial Complex.

The current admin buying more votes.

We FAR outspend the planet in military spending (some would call all of that "defense spending") yet it's never enough.

Sorry anyone who judges what kind of military we have by the dollar amount we spend on it doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

For the umpteenth time.

WE SPEND MORE ON EVERYTHING than everyone else.

The only reason defense is getting cut in the first place is because of the current administrations 7 trillion dollars spending spree with not a GD thing to show for it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

ah ok, so the troups will be needed elsewhere soon I gues?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

neo96

Krazysh0t
reply to post by neo96

Yeah it is funny blowing 7 trillion dollars in the last 6 years at the expense of the military,

Blowing 7 trillion dollars on anything is a bad thing. Yes that includes your precious military.

And sorry people are not starving in this country.

Never said they were. But they certainly will be if it weren't for food stamps.

Was invading Pakistan,Libya, and arming terrorists, in Syria 'defending' our freedoms. ?

Of course not, but those are all transgressions we can lay at the feet of your precious M.I.C.

Paid attention to the actions of the current administration?

Certainly, have you read some of the political threads I've participated in? I'm certainly no fan of Obama or the Democrats. Contrary to your limited worldview all people who aren't Republicans aren't necessarily Democrats and all people who aren't Democrats aren't necessarily Republicans.

What do people think is coming ?

Economic collapse.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. I would like to comment on this though:

The world is one giant crap sandwich, and we have always had to take a bite out of it.

While I totally agree (that’s one of the sad realities I’ve woken up to), I must point out that the “crap sandwich” you speak of was prepared for consumption by people who never have to take a bite. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to work for someone who intentionally creates crap sandwiches for me to eat yet will never consume one himself (poor leadership). I also don’t want to eat crap sandwiches prepared by other countries; they can eat their own crap. Also, when we know there are other ingredients in the refrigerator besides crap slices, why do we continue to accept a false premise that crap is the only option?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Blowing 7 trillion dollars on anything is a bad thing. Yes that includes your precious military.

As oppose to the 'precious' nanny state ?

What part of that is someone missing ?

The reason they are gutting defense is to pay for the nanny state.

WE ARE NOT SAVING MONEY.

WE WILL BE SPENDING MORE MONEY.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Douriff
reply to post by Plugin

all aboard..........next stop, Iran and N. Korea. Tickets please!!

I think we all know that the US is in the war business and the military/industrial complex determines the ultimate direction of this country not political parties, politicians, or the American citizens.

Oh it entertaining to play the game of division in politics but as Zappa said....

"Politics is the entertainment arm of the Military/industrial complex"

edit on 26-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

While I totally agree (that’s one of the sad realities I’ve woken up to), I must point out that the “crap sandwich” you speak of was prepared for consumption by people who never have to take a bite. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to work for someone who intentionally creates crap sandwiches for me to eat yet will never consume one himself (poor leadership). I also don’t want to eat crap sandwiches prepared by other countries; they can eat their own crap. Also, when we know there are other ingredients in the refrigerator besides crap slices, why do we continue to accept a false premise that crap is the only option?

Why ?

Because of the same ideology as we saw with the Clinton cuts.

Look how the last decade turned out.

If people think we withdrawl from the world, and we will just be 'left' alone.

That ain't going to happen.

IT takes YEARS to build up defense.

It Takes Years to build weapon systems.

IT takes YEARS to train an effective combat force.

Some people not you think all we have to do is wave a hand and slap an M4 in to somebodies hand and call them a soldier.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

olaru12

Douriff
reply to post by Plugin

all aboard..........next stop, Iran and N. Korea. Tickets please!!

I predict we will not have another war with Korea.

I also predict US will begin a political swing towards non-interventionism (something I scoffed at until I understood).

I hope I'm right...though I seldom am. Maybe more wishful thinking than anything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join