It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Kill Man in Moore, OK (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Link to Story w/ Video

Posse Comitatus does not have a new thread button. I think this forum will do for now.
Anyway, If you click the link and watch the video, be warned. The guy dies while the cops are piled on top of him. Very sad. As soon as the cops realize he is dead, they try and get the wife back as far as possible and keep her distraced.
From what I can tell from the video, a mother hit her daughter, then the cops come and kill the father.
We do not see what happens prior to the "arrest" and that is unfortunate, but I think the bottom line is that cops need to stop using 5 or 6 people to hold one man down. We say one man suffocated last month in Michigan, now this.
Its really sad how the cops completely "Bernie" this guy so the wife doesn't realize he's dead. She does realize it a couple minutes after and starts freaking out. The cops first instinct was to try and cover this up, even on scene. imagine if the video wasn't around. I would bet these cops would have tried to cover it up further, I.E. lie about time of death, say he attacked officers at the station, whatever.
Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I can't believe they don't even try to bring him back. You can tell he is already dead when they are holding him up by the wet spot on the ground at about the 2:36 mark....when you die your body releases everything (his bladder released)....that and he is not moving at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
I can't believe they don't even try to bring him back.

That's the sickest part. They just look around dumbfounded like somebody asked "quick 2+2 = ! "

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Of what use if any was this ladies I.D in this situation?

"yeah mam your husbands in a bad way probably due to my actions, show me your I.D
so I can sort this situation and put my community protection skills to best use"

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1888

It's a base instinct that's trained into them. If they don't know what to do they just revert back to simple tasks like checking ID's. This way they project a sense of "doing something" while biding time to think about a next move or wait for another officer to step in with a next move.

What this cop is doing by asking for ID is essentially saying "I dont know what the hell I'm doing and I dont know what the hell is going on here."

The cop equivalent to a poor speaker saying "uuuuuhhh" and "ummmmm" like our illustrious POTUS is so fond of doing.
edit on 26-2-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by o0oTOPCATo0o

the events that took place that night were tragic.
but before we get upset at the police we should see what the autopsy report says as the cause of death. in the video the police did not seem to use excessive force. but i'm not a doctor so my opinion is nothing more than a guess.

curious to see how this story unfolds.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yep, pretty sad. You can see the big cop in the foreground re-position his hand an half ass check for a pulse.
It was more about trying to cover it up and get him out of there so they can lie about when and why he died(in my opinion)
Nonetheless, the horror in his wives voice stick with you.
From what I can tell, the daughter called the cops for the mom hitting her. Imagine their pain for getting the cops involved in the first place.
The cop that asks for her ID is terrible. Saying he was being combative and that's why hes in the position hes in. As he lays there DEAD.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

subfab

but before we get upset at the police we should see what the autopsy report says as the cause of death. in the video the police did not seem to use excessive force. but i'm not a doctor so my opinion is nothing more than a guess.

My guess, suffocation or a broken neck.
It doesn't take 5 guys to keep one down.
That's excessive enough for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

o0oTOPCATo0o

subfab

My guess, suffocation or a broken neck.
It doesn't take 5 guys to keep one down.
That's excessive enough for me.

those are good guesses. they fit what we see in the video.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I like how the one cop kept trying to position himself in front of her camera all the while telling her it's ok if she films. I am disgusted by the fact that the officers knew he was dead and NOT ONE of them thought his life was worth trying to save him. They did not want to bring attention to what had happened by starting CPR and that makes all of them guilty for costing this man his life, his children their father, etc.

The paramedics didn't seem to be in a big hurry either, but I don't know how their protocol works so I can't really judge that adequately.

I am curious as to what the autopsy results will show. I just can't get over the fact that out of so many cops... not one of them tried to save his life.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I hate this kind of thing when LEO's murder in this way be it shooting or use of excessive force as in this case. It's like they have no idea that life is so sacred and precious to each and all of us. This guy is now dead. DEAD. It's more than just a word we often read. It's the cease of thought, of being and of everything that is us as individuals. Every LEO from now on should be treated as a potential murderer. As group serial killers. As dumb and dangerous creatures. Excuses will not be tolerated. Communities should get angry and stay angry until real punishment is reconciled.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

And the kicker is, he wasn't even a perp or suspect. DO NOT call the cops on anything domestic. I think this the 3rd case in as many month where cops were called to a house over a domestic dispute and someone ends up dead.
It time for cops to start handling thing differently.
Is it training? incompetence?
I don't know, but this is sick

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

This is evidence of sociopathic behavior where when this man went limp not one of the 4 or 5 cops cared enough to take notice and do something about it.

Research , Profile of a Sociopath, these cops fit at least 6 or 7 of the 10 signs this article implies you can tell someone is a sociopath.

What's really scary about the way cops are treating people today is the way they are being protected.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

This man was not accused of any crime. He was murdered. Nothing will happen. "Textbook police training" That's why they didn't feel the need to revive. One more person to testify in the civil trial.

How do these evil criminals go home at night and feel safe? Until this changes, until they get some massive and painful payback there will be no change. The law offers no help as they are trained to be the judge jury and executioner.

This is literally a war on the citizens of the US. These evil cretins will be the ones sniping protestors from rooftops as we all saw in Ukraine.

Take a real good look at that if you haven't already.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Civilians are easily taught to do the new CPR version of which does not include mouth-to-mouth efforts but merely a constant compression of the chest. Police obviously are taught that simple procedure as part of their training. It should be part of their duties that any time during any type of hassling with a victim/perp if that person becomes unresponsive because of their efforts then they should immediately apply CPR.

Those guys piled on top of him would have known instantly when his chest stopped heaving and he lost all muscle tone that he had died. Starting CPR should have been the standard rule in all such cases regardless. But such humanitarian type of responses seem lost on the police of today. Five or six shots to the center of mass to anybody making a fuss these days seems too common these days. It makes me wonder if their training these days is not more to blame for aggravating these types of incidents than the attitudes of those they confront. Maybe both feed off the other.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm trying to find the link on here, this particular case was already discussed when it happened, and this doesn't offer up any new "evidence" one way or the other. If it's been weeks since this incident as the OP source claims, where is the autopsy report?

And what exactly did he die of? Without that report, we just don't know what killed him (although it certainly looks like he coul dhave had a heart attack from all that weight being on him)

There's too much about this case that doesn't make sense.. If she struck her daughter, why is she filming what's goin on, doesn't she realize she could be arrested? There's more here than we know, and if it's all just coming to us from HER (the wife) there is certainly not enough information at all to make any determination as to what happened, and how it happened, yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

ABC

In this ABC News piece, they say they are waiting for a tox report, could take months.
Also in the article, they say the man died at a hospital later and that EMS won't transport dead people.
The video clearly shows a dead man. the cops reactions prove it, among other things.
However, this article claims his back was moving, indicating breathing. As hard as it is, I will have to re-review the video

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can't imagine the daughter ever being able to forgive herself for calling the police. Sad, but true.
I bet she never calls the police again..

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I can't see how anyone could call them to keep the peace. seems they are way better at doing the opposite.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I looked at the full version of the tape again and he does appear to be breathing while he is on his stomach. However, what I saw was a couple staggered, hard breaths, kinda like when a boxer is knocked unconscious.
I still believe he was gone when EMS arrived.
My final analysis: Broken neck renders him unconscious, died when they flipped him on his back.
Or: Heart attack. the hard breaths are when it begins.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join