It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geo-engineering no Holy Grail - study

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

If it isn't discussed and examined in the light of day within the open forums of public debate, we can never determine if it can or actually has moved beyond theory.

Well, it is being discussed in certain circles. This video is from SRMGI, (Solar Radiation Management Governance Intiative) it is a NGO body, but with Royal society and Harvard sponsorship and possibly more. SRMGI are neither for or against solar management in any aspect, only that there should be more discussion. The thing is, Op's link is from Kiel, Germany, and the writer is pretty much in the camp of proper discussion as is this SRMGI grouping. but anyway, listen to the video and see what you think, how far away from the IPCC are they for instance, and bear in mind that the opening lines include man-made warming, which is, or should be part of the debate, should there be other possible causes like Cosmic radiation that need to be ruled out, or if they can be ruled out. It is always possible that man because he is there, is a blind for the real cause.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thanks for adding that. I hope that all involved will watch it. I really think the big picture needs to be clearer before anybody gets closer than we are already to these ideas.

1degree C in 100 years. And some groups (the ones bashed by GW proponents) present data that shows a slowdown in warming. So who is to say that in 100 more years the global temps wont cool to 2 degrees c?

Seeing science deal in absolutes scares the hell out of me. It makes me thing these people are brainwashed. Science is never absolute, it changes as new ideas and data emerge.

At least this video should put minds to ease over the spraying question.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

network dude
reply to post by smurfy

Seeing science deal in absolutes scares the hell out of me. It makes me thing these people are brainwashed. Science is never absolute, it changes as new ideas and data emerge.

Well that part is true. There was a scurry and flurry of scientific papers when a scientist proposed that cosmic radiation was the real bad boy. Most of the papers came out against cosmic radiation, as the percentage was far too low to work. However, some also added that the scientific evidence for global warming was too good and well proven anyway? they should have shut up at the point of research where they found no evidence for cosmic radiation being the culprit.

IMO, so far the real evidence is that doing nothing is better if you don’t understand.
edit on 27-2-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

IMO, so far the real evidence is that doing nothing is better if you don’t understand.

I think you just found the Geoengineering motto that those attempting GE should go by.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join