It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma Ribbon Confirms Electric Sun

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ErosA433
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Wow that doesn't even work as a logical argument

So your 'evidence' or 'proof' that Dark matter falsifies the big bang theory is because electricity is plasma? Yeah, now thats what I call out of the box thinking.

Deny ignorance and all that right?

Now this is interesting. I can't blame you for not realizing my comment was extremely sarcastic but those claims have been made in this thread and pretty much got a free pass or mildly refuted at most.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

poet1b

At least we know, will a great deal of evidence, that lighting, plasma, and momentum exists.

Dark matter on the other hand?
There's a lot more evidence of dark matter than evidence of electric currents powering the sun. At least with dark matter we can show things like galactic rotation curves, so there is evidence. Now are these curves the result of dark matter or something else like MOND (MOdified Newtonian Dynamics)? There has been some debate about this but MOND can't seem to explain bullet cluster observations, so dark matter is hypothesized. If someone has a better explanation for the galactic rotation curves, gravitational lensing, etc, now would be a good time to present it. Note plasma is not proposed as a mainstream alternate explanation to either dark matter or MOND because it doesn't have any explaining power that fits the observations in any logical way. Some scientists haven't completely given up on MOND either, which I can understand since we haven't found dark matter directly yet, at least not the WIMP kind...we are finding more baryonic dark matter all the time (exoplants) but not enough.

DenyObfuscation
Now this is interesting. I can't blame you for not realizing my comment was extremely sarcastic
Eros just doesn't know you as well yet...it was obvious to me but I've probably seen more of your posts to help me interpret it.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

poet1b

At least we know, will a great deal of evidence, that lighting, plasma, and momentum exists.

What evidence do we have that electricity is a form of plasma?

What evidence is there that the visible light produced by lightning is plasma?

How in the world would gravity be caused by momentum?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

If you knew anything about electrical theory then you would know that both potential and current exist as a result of ions.

You don't get much better evidence than that.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If you knew anything about

Here we go with that again.

If you knew anything about electrical theory then you would know that both potential and current exist as a result of ions.

Consider yourself warned, I know very little about electrical theory. So, if I "win" then you were beaten by someone you suggested didn't know anything about it.

AFAIK the shared electrons in a copper wire for example, provide the pathway for electrical current to flow but are not themselves the current. Plasma is a conductor, not the electricity. The same with lightning. The high voltage electrostatic discharge ionizes the air creating the pathway for the current. The light produced is not the ions in the air. You misunderstood your source on that.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No, plasma is not an ionized gas, or anything like a gas. This is well proven.

Tell that to your source

Plasma is considered the 4th state of matter and comprises more than 99% of the visible universe. Most often, it is defined in terms of a gas.

www.viewsfromscience.com...

From this post www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not anything like a gas? Well proven? LOL!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Arbitrageur
Eros just doesn't know you as well yet...it was obvious to me but I've probably seen more of your posts to help me interpret it.

aaah i see haha
Cheers for that.

Yeah there are a few good hypothesis out there for 'Dark Matter' the answer is not settled at all. Though electrical potential? mmmm not sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I understand, if you knew more about electricity, you would know about hole flow. On the positive side of current flow, the atoms and molecules of the conductor are stripped of their electrons, which turns many of them into positive ions. In a solid metal such as copper, these ions can not move, but they attract electrons from nearby copper molecules, which then become ions, the hole flows. On the negative side, the conductor has an over abundance of electrons, leaving free flowing negative ions. These negative ions at attracted to the positive ions on the other side of the circuit. In ac the charges switch back and forth.

The ions are the current, and the ions create the potential.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Plasma might be defined as gas, which is nothing more than old concepts that are dying away.

The fact remains that plasma has very little if anything, in common with gas.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

poet1b

There's a lot more evidence of dark matter than evidence of electric currents powering the sun. At least with dark matter we can show things like galactic rotation curves, so there is evidence. Now are these curves the result of dark matter or something else like MOND (MOdified Newtonian Dynamics)? There has been some debate about this but MOND can't seem to explain bullet cluster observations, so dark matter is hypothesized. If someone has a better explanation for the galactic rotation curves, gravitational lensing, etc, now would be a good time to present it. Note plasma is not proposed as a mainstream alternate explanation to either dark matter or MOND because it doesn't have any explaining power that fits the observations in any logical way. Some scientists haven't completely given up on MOND either, which I can understand since we haven't found dark matter directly yet, at least not the WIMP kind...we are finding more baryonic dark matter all the time (exoplants) but not enough.

DenyObfuscation
Now this is interesting. I can't blame you for not realizing my comment was extremely sarcastic

Here you might find this interesting in the search for dark matter.There is an anomaly at the galactic core we have gamma radiation we can't account for.There thinking this gamma radiation could be produced by dark matter particles with a mass of 30 to 40 gigaelectronvolts (GeV) crashing into one another. So you know a proton is roughly 1 GeV for comparison. So this is a fairly big particle as particles go anyway.

arxiv.org...
edit on 3/16/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The hypothesis of dark matter is based on the assumption that gravity drives galaxies and mass drives gravity.

But mainstream physics is confused about the "mass" they base gravity upon.

A NASA educational website tells us that “mass is a measure of how much matter a planet is made of.” It shows that the confusion of mass with quantity of matter infects astrophysics.

The consequences are profound for cosmology. The mass of a celestial body cannot tell us about its composition. . . .

What is gravity?

Gravity is due to radially oriented electrostatic dipoles inside the Earth’s protons, neutrons and electrons. . . .

www.holoscience.com...

Instead of looking for dark matter, mainstream physics should be looking for what actually causes gravity.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

poet1b

Plasma might be defined as gas, which is nothing more than old concepts that are dying away.

The fact remains that plasma has very little if anything, in common with gas.

So now you disagree with your source that you presented as "the facts"

Do you have another source for your new concepts you can stick with?

What is in a fluorescent light?

Is it gas or plasma?

Does the light switch being on or off affect the answer?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

No, I disagree with your interpretation. I posted one thing, and you claim I posted another.

So is it your claim that plasma is just a gas, or is it the fourth state of matter?

Or do you see a considerable amount of difference between gas and plasma?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

poet1b

No, I disagree with your interpretation. I posted one thing, and you claim I posted another.

So is it your claim that plasma is just a gas, or is it the fourth state of matter?

Or do you see a considerable amount of difference between gas and plasma?

Your right back on that plasma is electricity thing again i explained the difference to you ad nauseum. They are not the same you can have electricity occur where no plasma is present like a simple copper war. You have read i guess thunderbolts who attempt to blur the line so there money maker i mean theory can survive.This reminds me of the greeks that used to think things were made of earth, fire,water and air.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No, I disagree with your interpretation.

Interpretation of what? Perhaps you could explain.

I posted one thing, and you claim I posted another.

It is not as you say. I quoted you and posted a link to a source you provided that contradicts your claim. Have another look. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why did you avoid these questions I just asked?

What is in a fluorescent light?

Is it gas or plasma?

Does the light switch being on or off affect the answer?

Why are you afraid to answer?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I explained how it is the plasma/ions.

Sorry you don't understand.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Those are questions I asked.

You need to do your own research.

What are you afraid of?

I don't get how fear even factors into the conversation.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

poet1b

I explained how it is the plasma/ions.

Sorry you don't understand.

I believe it is you who dont understand your understanding of electricity is to put it nicely confused. Your showing a complete lack of understanding of science and ignoring the past hundred years of experiments into electricity. See unfortunately you cant dismiss reality because if you do than your theory is nothing more than fantasy.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Except I have actually posted accurate descriptions of how electricity works, and on other issues involving plasma science.

Often with links and quotes from respected sources.

While you have posted hot air.

And several times you have been proven flat out wrong in your claims.

edit on 17-3-2014 by poet1b because: typo

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

poet1b

Except I have actually posted accurate descriptions of how electricity works, and on other issues involving plasma science.

Often with links and quotes from respected sources.

While you have posted hot air.

And several times you have been proven flat out wrong in your claims.

edit on 17-3-2014 by poet1b because: typo

OK you posyed proof that electricity is a plasma really? well im sorry everyone missed that can you re post it. And well your at it please show me one statement i made that was wrong because it sounds to me at this point your just delusional.Because it looks to me like you cant prove anything and just making baseless claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join