It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunked: Alien Base on the Moon, Triangle of Dots [photo artifact]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I knew it was too good to be true

Speculation has exploded over the controversial images which appear to show something unexplained on the surface of the moon.

The triangular anomaly, spotted on Google’s map of the moon, has rows of seven light-like dots along its edge that have been likened to an alien base or spaceship.

www.metabunk.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I am not at all surprised by the results of this examination of this piece of evidence. What I was initially shocked by, was that there was such a fuss over the release of this image as a potential picture of a moon base. For a start, the image always appeared to be heavily pixelated, and no one could make a decent assessment of the true appearance of the location pictured, using just that image.

The other thing that always bugged me, was the huge number of people who jumped all over it, and claimed it was an alien moon base, just on the basis of that image. For a start, there is no way anyone could have made any reasonable assumptions based on that image. Second, there is no way that anyone could possibly have identified the architects of any potential moon base, from such a poor image. For all anyone knew, even if there were a moon base, it would just as likely have been a man made one.

There were an awful lot of spurious assumptions made, far too early, and that is a habit that the communities which have an interest in extra terrestrial life, ought to get out of as soon as possible. It does them, and the field of research to which they are devoted, no favours where legitimacy is concerned, to be connected to such a thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

nighthawk1954
I knew it was too good to be true

Speculation has exploded over the controversial images which appear to show something unexplained on the surface of the moon.

The triangular anomaly, spotted on Google’s map of the moon, has rows of seven light-like dots along its edge that have been likened to an alien base or spaceship.

www.metabunk.org...

NOT another thread about this image

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Can we just have a sticky thread somewhere saying "If you see regularly-shaped or spaced artifacts in zoomed-in imagery (especially if 90-degree angles are present)... IT'S PIXELS!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
have you seen the multispectral version ?

from USGS
USGS Moon

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
animated to show the arrow shape

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

undo
animated to show the arrow shape

What that LOW RES IMAGE

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

i think the "natural albedo" (uvvis multispectral) helps alot. they have it available down to 1:1
you can even order the isis files of it.

you should peruse that link i posted for a bit, check out the natural albedo version, learn how to use the tools.
all kinds of interesting things pop out

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
another possible source of the arrow dots

compare

edit on 26-2-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I see nothing to make me think that is artificial.

There are plenty of images that are questionable but that one is just dirt!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

stevcolx
reply to post by undo

I see nothing to make me think that is artificial.

There are plenty of images that are questionable but that one is just dirt!

strawman, unacceptable answer.
you seem intelligent enough to know the difference between, "yes there's a possible arrow shape/straight edge in the crater
with round objects marking its perimeter, some of which are glowing" versus "it's artificial and here's the proof." which do you suppose
i am implying?

just click the link and look at the stuff for yourself. no wonder people get frustrated here.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

undo

Are you sure that's the same area?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

ArMaP

undo

Are you sure that's the same area?

yeah it is.
apparently when they took this shot it was almost fully lit overhead. not much in the way of mares on the far side, so it's easy to pick out.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
here's a couple more shots, with the "crater" in question circled. first photo is farther away so you can see the outline of the mare. second is closer

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

undo
here's a couple more shots, with the "crater" in question circled. first photo is farther away so you can see the outline of the mare. second is closer

That's not the area being discussed, the supposed Alien base is in the area marked in red in the image below.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
check the page link in the op. all the images suggest the spot i'm showing you.

www.metabunk.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
this one?

hmm

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

undo
check the page link in the op. all the images suggest the spot i'm showing you.

www.metabunk.org...

No.

this one?

Yes.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

that is one strange looking crater

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Also you can take some of those real images and use dodge and burn for a bit. Especially pay attention to craters and also curvatures supposed to be the edge of the moon, lol. There are lot of tubes....

Also about those faces, well...there are lot of those too. Always wondered we're in. Keep discovering posters who meditate and attempt to empower themselves by merging. Do no merge with anything. Just saying.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join