It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does George Bush really care about abortion one way or another?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
George Bush always said he was pro-life but he never once claimed that he would very specifically do anything to overturn Row v Wade. He never actually came out and said he would appoint judges that would seek to do the same. I�m beginning to wonder if he just used his pro-life speech to sway the Christian vote. It�s no secret he became �born again� right when he got into politics and he proclaimed it repeatedly while he was running for his first political office. I wonder if going on about being pro-life was more of the same.

My less conservative friends point out that more people have died in Iraq and the aftereffects of the war (vis-a-vie the terrible increase in terrorism around the world) than fetuses have been aborted in the same period of time. So I�m starting to wonder if cherishing all life isn�t high on his agenda. I know he supports the death penalty too, so what�s the deal there?

Were we duped? Did he use pro-life as a tool to get into the minds of Christians? He doesn�t seem to be very supportive of it when it really comes down to it.

I know that throughout history world leaders have found that using religion as a tool to manipulate people is an incredibly powerful tool. People become manipulated and are used without their even knowing its happening. Could it be that he is doing the same thing now? I wonder.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well dah. Common sense tells you that. They will never make abortion illegal especially when they can still make it look like it�s the democrats keeping it legal so the Christian right will keep voting for republicans. If they made abortion illegal which I wish they would but not for any reason pertaining to god. The Christian right might stop being one issue voters and then the Democrats would take over again, and the country would get back on track instead of only serving the ultra rich folks needs, while misleading the simple minding fanatical Christian right.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If he puts a woman pregnant that is not his wife, he would beg her to get an abortion

Imagine the "scandal" that could make....

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wondered that too. He says he's going to do something if he's elected and then never does it. Now what does that make him ? Yes, thats it - a politician !!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
People remember that Mr. Bush is a man so he does not have to worry about women problems himself, and if any of his daughters had a "problem" we will never know.

Now his so call pro-life is nothing more or nothing less that to appeal to the "conservative" groups and it served him well for re-election.

Now I don't think that any abortion issues will be top priority in his agenda right now.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's interesting that when facts are presented logically and camly, there is no argument from the Republican Conservative Christians.

They succumb.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by jupiter869]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
It's interesting that when facts are presented logically and camly, there is no argument from the Republican Conservative Christians.

They succumb.

What is it exactly that we are succumbing to?

As for changing Roe vs. Wade, we would have to choose a way to do it with the least possible social change (at least they would think this). If we up and made it illegal overnight, we would have serious problems.

Another "War on Drugs" if it isn't done properly.

This is most likely what they are strategizing, because it can be done.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maybe when faced with the truth, they succumb to that.

And by the way, thats a GOOD thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bootlug
Maybe when faced with the truth, they succumb to that.

And by the way, thats a GOOD thing.

~Sigh. Facts and truth truth relate to something. What is it that is the "truth"?

George doesn't care? Abortion is ok? Abortion is wrong? We can never overturn it?

What? We're trying to have a discussion guy.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Of course he cares. He needs the "Luanne Hill's unloved baby" to give miniature american flags to.

Seriously, I hated this tactic. It worked so well. I asked my dad (maybe I should be giving him the lecture) who he'd vote for, and he brought that up. He's one of those strong christian valued guys, Canadian too, but ya gotta give those snakes the credit. Made me opt for him to rent Farenheit 9/11 over Walking Tall, now I have to deal with really dumb questions every once in a while. Oi.

Think it raises another question though. Do you think there's much hope do you think there's left in people like this? They have a considerable ammount of swing in the world today. Should more be done? Should we brain wash Bob Villa? Ya know, this is where I was gonna throw in a bunch of half-witted rejonders, no good ones are even poppin' up. Man, I wish this board didn't remind me of a death bed.

-peace-

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Bush is "pro-life WITH EXCEPTIONS," those exceptions being rape/incest/life of mother.

That's not pro-life.

That's also one reason I didn't vote for him. Not only that, but his administration funds pro-abortion groups.

So what are the liberals whining about, exactly?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
As if he lies awake at night praying for all the little dead "would-be children"... Naaahhh!

He just needs more meat to send to iraq and the next war that the US have scheduled in 5 years time.

Remember everyone has the right to grow up, join the army and catch foreign lead far, far from home.

new topics

top topics

join