It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treading carefully with my beliefs, self analysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I never held any hate for rich people, i was jealous of all the opportunities those rich kids got that i did not.

My hate stem from the special treatment they got and still get.... and it will continue until money does not rule the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Perhaps it is the concept of uber rich that galls........?
There should be a dividing line here......
The rich who made their own money .............and the uber rich who had it handed to them.
Tho self made people can be aholes too....
It is the Royalty, and mega rich who play with the fates of people and nations as if they were personal toys that piss me off........
And I make no bones about hating their asses!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The way you feel about others is "your choice." It doesn't really matter if those feelings are centered around income inequality, religious values, insulting remarks or whatever.

Just remember this, the way you respond to those variables is "always" your choice and choosing to employ hatred "always" does more harm to yourself than it does to the one you're directing your hatred towards. In my household, we treat the word "hate" like the four letter word it is.

Truth be told, when you hate someone or something, more often than not that person or thing is totally unaware and/or unaffected by your feelings of hatred. In the rare instance they are aware of it, they usually just take advantage in knowing that while you're concentrating your efforts on hatred, they are free to feed off that energy to exasperate the situation even more.

On the other hand, those same feelings of hatred have a tendency to consume the one who harbors them. You end up spending half of your time and energy thinking about your hatred of that person or thing, how to get "even" with them or how to make your hatred known. In essence, robbing yourself of what could have been peaceful, constructive thought.

I'm not saying that you have to agree with someone or something of opposing values, only that there are better ways to actually affect change than wasting your energies on hatred.

Hatred, much like fear, will eat you up from the inside out. But only if you allow it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I worked for many rich people and I developed a hate for them all early on. I have met a small handful that were alright though, but they are are far and few in between. I find it odd that many people here where I live are struggling, but there are droves of rich people building mansions here, buying up land. When I see them, I just think that 'it must be nice'. When it all goes down, I wouldn't wanna be living in one of those mansions because I would say they'll be the first to get pillaged. I also wanted to add that most of them that I encountered got it the old fashioned way: inheritance. I would've loved to be a trust-fund kid. I cannot stand these people.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I also wanted to add that most of them that I encountered got it the old fashioned way: inheritance.

CSB: When my grandma died, the vultures descended. I was standing out in the yard with my uncle (her oldest son). He was having a fit with the way his next youngest sister was 'handling' her estate. Something snapped in me and I went inside and grabbed a silver dollar and a $20 gold piece from my aunt's pile ... much to her chagrin. I walked outside and handed that gold coin to my uncle. He lost it, walked out to the garage, gabbed a ladder and laid it up against the roof of the house. Then he went and grabbed two cans of gas, climbed the ladder and set the roof on fire. Found out years later that I was labeled as the scapegoat for the whole thing. I almost revel in the blame ... as no one else took lesson in the deeper wisdom of what my uncle did that day. I've carried that silver dollar every day since as a reminder.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

onequestion
I have recently noticed that I have a "natural" affinity towards feelings of anger towards the wealthier class without real justification. I find myself hating or disliking or being jealous of wealthy people and trendy people inadvertently. The thing is its my fault where i'm at. I have had multiple chances to create a lot of wealthy but in my younger 20's i was VERY angry at the world. Now i am in recovery mode. So i catch myself looking at people with wealth with disdain and looking at them with hate. A lot of it has to do with my political views so i am going to rehash a lot of my views to make sure this pattern doesnt form deeper into my psyche and ideologies that i choose.

Anyone else have this experience?

Hating anyone for no reason is idiotic. If they haven't actually did anything to you personally you should not hate them.
You should not hate anyone at all. Dislike is not hate. You can forgive someone you dislike. Not the same with hate. Hatred is destructive,irrational, and unforgiving.

But.

You can distrust people if they haven't earned your trust, or have done things that have persuaded you to not trust them.
You don't have to trust anyone. But you can trust anyone if you please.

I teld not to trust anyone with power because historically power tends to corrupt people and turn them into greedy,antisocial,power crazied lunatics...to some degree.

I would not trust myself if I had a massive ammount of centralized unchecked power.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
No I suppose I haven't ever harbored anger towards the rich, I always felt happiness shouldn't be dependent on objects or others, why would I want something that would cause an addiction that would only allow me to be happy if I had it, money would seem more like a curse to me but maybe i'm just insane.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join