It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we use or not Tinfoil Hats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In my introduction post I got a nice reply from someone who got me into researching about tinfoil hats.
I'm pretty much aware of what they are and what they are supposed to do (we've all seen Signs, awesome movie btw) But since I started surfing the net for it I came across this:
Tinfoil hat is a government way to enhance mind control?

So whichone is it? Is it the popular belief that it protects us from waves? or is it as dangerous as keeping your wireless online?
Some nice website with sources for your replies would be nice
ty guys.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lincourtz

Everything depends on which side of the foil is turned outward.

That's all I'm saying.........

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well the shape of a tinfoil hat is rather dish like...and we all know that these are good for picking up and amplifying directional signals................
They do make cloth which has a copper mesh within it....this would be preferable because the cloth will make a faraday cage of sorts to protect your brain from EMwaves

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I've come to the conclusion you require a high end fashionable tin foil hat. Here's one I made for you. Hope you like it...

I made this one for the 2012 ATS Tin Foil Hat Contest. I hope you enter this year, it's so much fun!

Des

edit on 25-2-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

stirling
Well the shape of a tinfoil hat is rather dish like...and we all know that these are good for picking up and amplifying directional signals................

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

stirling
They do make cloth which has a copper mesh within it....this would be preferable because the cloth will make a faraday cage of sorts to protect your brain from EMwaves

A Faraday cage has to be earthed. So unless you walk around with an Earth stake and a tether cable .........................

P

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Being on ATS almost automatically creates a tin foil hat for you.
unless of course your Phage or something.. lol
but seriously.. wear the hat proudly.. all the world is a stage

edit on 25-2-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Destinyone is demonstrating her enviable tinfoil hat making skills, from the annual contest held here on ATS. I do believe she was a winner with the illustrated design, in 2012 or 2013. Well done, you, Ms Destinyone!

Dear OP - perhaps you will throw your tinfoil hat in the ring, in this year's contest?

link   

Hey, are you making fun of us?

link   

Well , first off , the ones with the Aluminum Hats are already Goners .
I prefer Lead Hats myself , they keep out most of the Other Nasty Rays the Tin ones can't block ........

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
We don't forget out pets on ATS either....safe from government mind probes. Imagine the secrets about us in our pet's heads!

Tin Foil Hats are a Family event around here....

Des

edit on 25-2-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

gwynnhwyfar

Destinyone is demonstrating her enviable tinfoil hat making skills, from the annual contest held here on ATS. I do believe she was a winner with the illustrated design, in 2012 or 2013. Well done, you, Ms Destinyone!

Dear OP - perhaps you will throw your tinfoil hat in the ring, in this year's contest?

No, ATS member Ms. Valentine Wiggins won that year. I refrained from being a contestant, as I was putting up one of the prizes for the winner. But, thank you so much for the compliment on my tin foil hat, as I did put it on and post a pic for that contest.

OP...we take our tin foil hats seriously around here.

Des

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Tin foil hats don't work for me. So, I have taken to carrying my brain around in an old metal coleman cooler that was my grand dads. When I'm home, I usually keep it in the microwave (unplugged of course!
, or sometimes like when I'm online like now, I put it in a hollow metal sphere with some catnip and my cat bats it around the floor. funny, but when i do that, i seem to remember things better! I don't have to worry about the telemetrics between my self and the brain container. it is powered by faerie dust and the universal will to become. I'm sorta like the "ood" but ain a more mystical kinda way !

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

greencmp

Hey, are you making fun of us?

Not at all, It's a serious question.Because I havent seen any serious threads about this at all yet.
edit on 25-2-2014 by Lincourtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You Rock,.
2nd 3rd and 4th line lol

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I knew I recognized it!

Does anybody know if we have an a formal gallery of Tinfoil Hat contest entries, over the years? If we don't, we should!

Separate Pet category, of course - and thank you Des, for illustrating them, as well!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Since you asked for sites on tinfoil hats....here's one to start...

Tin Foil Hat

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government’s invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason. www.menwithfoilhats.com...

Typically made with aluminum foil, this head-gear protects the wearer's brain from the effects of mind control and can block the intrusions of mind readers. An effective and low-cost solution to combating mind-control, it is popular among less wealthy paranoids. It can block RF waves from local radio and TV stations. Also known by the more technical term "Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie" (AFDB).

An excerpt from the definitive online AFDB work, zapatopi.net... :

An Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB) is a type of headwear that can shield your brain from most electromagnetic psychotronic mind control carriers. AFDBs are inexpensive (even free if you don't mind scrounging for thrown-out aluminum foil) and can be constructed by anyone with at least the dexterity of a chimp (maybe bonobo). This cheap and unobtrusive form of mind control protection offers real security to the masses. Not only do they protect against incoming signals, but they also block most forms of brain scanning and mind reading, keeping the secrets in your head truly secret. AFDBs are safe and operate automatically. All you do is make it and wear it and you're good to go! Plus, AFDBs are stylish and comfortable.

What are you waiting for? Make one today!
c2.com...

Des

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
They only work with telepathy, and to a lesser extent, radio waves and electro-magnetic fields. See the book...

The Tissue-Culture King,” Julian Huxley, 1927 – A scientist lost in a jungle kingdom barters for his life by offering to culture the king’s flesh so that subjects can worship “him” in their home. Unfortunately, this enables the king to exert telepathic power over the entire kingdom.

The first story to employ a foil metal hat as a means to block telepathy.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Thank you. That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

gwynnhwyfar

I knew I recognized it!

Does anybody know if we have an a formal gallery of Tinfoil Hat contest entries, over the years? If we don't, we should!

Separate Pet category, of course - and thank you Des, for illustrating them, as well!

Sounds like fun! We could even have "Intramural" ats hat teams make it a semi-annual competiton, Summer/Winter like the olympics. Can't do pets, my cat is bipolar. if i put a metal hat on her head, i kinda think i'd find her peeing in my coleman cooler !

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join