It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Ted Nugent Annoys CNN Host by Taking Credit for Getting Piers Morgan’s ‘A** Thrown Out’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Lichter daraus

Why do think his ratings weren't good enough?

Probably because the select few people they use to determine the overall ratings for the entire nation disliked "the dirty Brit" because he wasn't American and dared to have an opinion?

Just a guess, but a good one methinks

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What a horrible interviewer she is !

All she did was try to catch Ted in a trap by trying to force him into a corner and trip him up spouting the same crap over and over. He was interested in talking about the issues - she was NOT.

CNN is the new TMZ. Thats how the interview went, more like entertainment news than a real interview.

Yeah, fire that wench along with Morgan.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ted Nugent and Piers morgan, neither speak on my behalf.
Of course Americans are gonna take him over that dirty Limey Piers, in reality even
the UK would take Ted over Piers but that doesn't mean I'd trust Ted as far as I can throw him.
He's not a great debater unless you count shouting and ad hominems as great debating.

Piers to me is a non entity, not even on my radar, gutter press #.

In short I'M SICK OF BOTH OF THEM

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
hmm double post
edit on 28pm1212pmWed, 26 Feb 2014 12:19:56 -060028 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

1. That apparently every person in the US voted to take Morgan off U.S. television......and.....
2. That you completely disagreed with everything he said and presumably so did every other American in the country.

I'm afraid you read a great deal more than was said or was ever implied by what I did say. I suppose we won't much agree if we can't agree on quoting each other accurately.

Having said that, I'll just reaffirm my point. Piers Morgan had and has every right our nation grants a man to pursue a career in CNN and, if he so chooses, bash the nation morning, noon and night. There is not a law against it, nor should there EVER be....lest we find ourselves next for disagreement in a different way.

At the same time...and what I did say here, is that Piers enjoys his right along side the citizens of this nation enjoying their right to thoroughly reject him. If that rejection is high ENOUGH (which it was not in this case), then CNN would fire him outright. Ask Glenn Beck about such things....and we don't need to wonder long what that looks like. (Savage on MSNBC went the same way, for the same reason.

In this case, enough people did reject him to serious ding what sounds like a fragile ego, among other problems he has. That's a shame, but then, not really...because it still came from a measurable % of people and he got the message. His act wasn't a hit and outright pissed people off......and it's 100% within their rights to express it.

He chose to leave. Nice choice....but still, 100% his own choosing.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This just was put up less than an hour ago.
(CNN) -- Ted Nugent sure knows how to stir controversy.

The rock star turned provocateur has a history of making inflammatory statements, dating back to lyrics in songs such as "Jailbait" in his earlier days." source CNN with Video here : www.cnn.com...

"

Ted Nugent: The voice of America?
By Leigh Ann Caldwell, CNN
updated 2:24 PM EST, Wed February 26, 2014

The full quote: "I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame, enough Americans to be ever-vigilant not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America."

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

Maybe he felt his life was worth more than to give it for the crooked United States government and their bogus "wars"? I don't blame him! I won't fight for'em either, unless of course, we are invaded. Ol' Uncle Ted may be a yankee, but I like him anyway.
He just tells things the way they are. And I agree about that foul attitude nimrod Don Lemon. Don has to be one of the most nasty, ignorant people that I have ever seen on TV.

I don't think the people at CNN like country folk and it kills them when Ted Nugent outsmarts them at every turn. haha
edit on 26-2-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok, time to take a breath.

Here is the Ted that made $$$ and opened eyes!! Even I felt uneasy when this song he did first came out.

But, hey!! What evil lurks in the mind of man?? Right??

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
this thread is funny....so it starts with an interview on CNN, where the interviewer was clearly given a mission, and was provided with talking points, and advanced coaching in feigned offense...when she fails to paint him as a bigot, then she tries to paint him as sexist, which she also fails at....she ends up looking like the political attack operative she is, instead of the legitimate journalist she pretends to be on the air..

then we get the anti-logic squad, trying to steer the discussion toward "ted nugent's a bastard"....well allow me to retort...

buster2010
Are you afraid people may learn a little about the coward you think so highly of?

Here's a link talking about how he avoided Vietnam. Draft dodging

And here is a link that talks about his taste for young girls. Courtney Love admitted to performing oral sex on pedo Ted when she was 12 years old. Ted Nugent Pedophile

so your sources for the accusations are what amounts to an internet tabloid (funny that the article is in the buster section, any ties there?), and an article stating "among other things" that courtney love made a claim....with nothing other than her say-so to substantiate it.

the deferments he received were valid, and legal...and not the result of family friends, political allies, or an instance of dubious morality.....getting deferments for valid reasons is not draft dodging....seeking refuge in the national guard, like George W. Bush, or Dan Quayle did, is draft dodging....Dick Cheney had a child, so he could become ineligible..that's draft dodging....getting notified that you've been drafted, and then fleeing to England (after getting special treatment because of connections), like Bill Clinton, is draft dodging...

need i continue?

as to the allegations of pedophilia, i'm fairly certain that, had he broken any laws, he would have been put in jail for it. how about Elvis Presley, and Marvin Gaye?...they both got into relationships with "minors"....now you can call this a red herring, or a strawman, or whatever, but i'm siting them to make a point....i don't hear you slamming them, and you wanna know why?

it's because they're dead, and they don't stand for anything that you disagree with....

Flatfish
reply to post by RUFFREADY

The responses in this thread supporting Ted Nugent are just as despicable as the man himself and the most ironic part is the fact that all of his support comes from the "right."

It's just mind-blowing that the very same people who claim to be the guideposts of "patriotism" and "family values" are racing to get in line to defend this guy.

On the other hand, I hope you right-wingers just keep on supporting him and showing your "true colors" to the rest of America.

Americans need to know where you're coming from and understand that you actually do view draft dodging as patriotic and pedophilia as a cherished family value.

Someone once told me, "Never interfere with your opponent when he's in the process of shooting himself in the foot."

IMO, Ted Nugent and the modern day right-wing movement are a match made in heaven.

no, what's despicable is how you wanna try to further polarize people, and sow discord, by claiming that anyone who defends nugent is a "right-winger", and immediately in favor of pedophilia and draft dodging.....read above.

i don't believe in the "left vs right", "red vs blue" B.S. that dominates political debate....that said, i have no affiliation to any political party, and no identity as either "left" or "right"...i simply believe in truth, facts, and reality.

this fact invalidates your argument, as you chose to use an absolutest generalization, in an effort to marginalize those you see as opposition, because they disagree with you...that's faulty logic.

you're attacking the man, because you dislike him for whatever reason....if you disagree with his politics, then attack that, not the man..
edit on 27-2-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You guys still don't get it.

Both of these people work for the same masters. Much like you they don't even know that. Not many know because we are all on the square my kind Ladies and Sirs.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
With Ted, it's a bit complicated. I like when someone spouts off and really says what they feel and believe. Even if I totally disagree with it. I'd rather have someone spew their hatred and divisiveness, then spread it below the radar or in a passive aggressive nature. Secondly, who doesn't like to rock out to Wango Tango at full blast? Thirdly, he's just spreading divisiveness when we, as a country should be coming together. It's the way he, and many others these days say stuff, it insults those on the left and then hardens their stance, and they become even more dug on more argumentative and that cycle just repeats itself. We should be looking at our commonalities and what we can do to change our country for the better. He's playing the left against the right game. He's pitting one American against another. Why would he do that? Doesn't he realize that we're all Americans? We're all on the same side.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Looks like she had a case of cat scratch fever.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Lets talk words, anger and insult for a moment. If a guy gets real, real, real angry at a woman...he my call her a "c". Yup, probably behind her back or at a great distance, but some people would use that word. Call it the nuclear option. So ask yourself this...does the use of that word in anger mean this guy hates women? And I mean hate...as in doesn't want to be around, doesn't want to talk to, date, work near, etc. True hate? I say no. I say that people...or some people, will get ticked off at someone for whatever reason and take the nuclear option. Examples:

Poor white = inbred redneck
Woman = bitch or "c"
Guy = "a-hole" or m-f'er
Gay guy = c-sucker or "bundle of sticks"
Jewish person - Jew
Mexican - wetback
Black - "n"

But these words are used to people's faces to belittle them or behind their backs in anger for a reason...for something that person said or did. But this rarely if ever means "I want all people of your race/sex/nationality to die". Right? It means "I'm really pissed at you".

So then...why are people called a racist for using the "n" word? Most of the time I've heard it used was simply out of anger...not hate for a whole group of people. "You're a n-word" is speaking of a single person in anger, not identifying them as a member of a race. I think any person knows to what race/sex/nationality they belong...it isn't to inform them. It is to hurt them in anger.

So...I believe...saying those words is simply a mind (and mouth) expressing anger. It is NOT a declaration of hate for any mass of people. And Nugent saying "chimp" isn't either. If it were a white person he was talking about, he would have used another word (see above) and that wouldn't make him someone who hates the white race, anymore than saying "chimp" means he hates the black race.

Now...the real problem. Watch who uses these words to destroy people. Watch the ones calling "racist", homophobic, etc. THEY are the ones that are the problem. They don't wish to hurt...they wish to permanently label or mark. Making weapons out of words to destroy. Those people...the ones pointing and saying homophobe! They are the ones we need to watch out for. Not a ticked off person using a bad word to describe a single person, at a single period of time for a single thing they did.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Maybe the users of the particular phraseology define themselves in the process? That being said, I, for one, do not mind the implications of my calling him an arse of the highest order. I can live with that just fine.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If the movement for truth and reason hopes to accomplish anything, it really needs to stop latching onto people simple because they say something you agree with.

That type of thinking got us Obama, and Bush. And everything else stupid in this world.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

I'm sorry I don't really understand your post or understand it's relevance to this thread. Calling someone a profane name is way different than calling them a racial slur doesn't matter matter how angry you get. I'm Hispanic and I don't use racial slurs in anger not even in a physical fight.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Check out what i tweeted to piers morgan.

"@piersmorgan a wise man once said "bret screwed bret" in todays day and age you only have yourself to blame. #PiersScrewedPiers"

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

Sorry I was a bit confusing there. Short version...some people use the meanest phrase when they are pissed at someone. But I don't believe that one fit of anger, and use of such a phrase, defines them as a person or express a hate for a group. It is simply that person's mind looking for the meanest words to hurt an individual. It doesn't all of a sudden flag them as a racist (for example). Their continued and history of actions and words may...but not one incident. The political left seems to sit, wait and hope to hear the n-word (for example) and all of a sudden claim "ah-ha!"...you are a racist. That isn't fair, right or accurate.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Why do I suddently see Ted Nudget as a mayor of a town in an episode of The Walking Dead?

edit on 28/2/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Oh yeah! Ted !

He is 'ol skool bro !

In the truest sense of the word ... lol.

Seriously - old school values delivered by ' Rock and Roll ' !

" Times they are a changing' "

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join