It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parts of America are becoming like Nazi Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ok so I've been trying to follow this story about the point guard of the New York Knicks Felton arrested on felony gun charges for possession of a hand gun that isn't registered in the state of New York after the Nazi Germany style tactics going on in the state of New York, Connecticut and California as well as others I probably forgot to mention.

I can't find anywhere that this guy has any criminal history. But his wife who just filed for divorce turned him in and now he's going through the system that is New York politics.

Anyways, I can't help but wonder how often this is happening in the state of New York and other places that most people never hear about. After all if he wasn't a point guard for the New York Knicks, this wouldn't be news to most people.

Anyways theres a lot of funny stuff going on and its striking a nerve with me here, such as Feinsteins recent comments on vets and downsizing the military as well as pulling out of Afghanistan.

Like the Nazis in Germany in the boiling frog in the pot syndrome, this country is getting ripped to shreds along with the constitution and I can barely stand it anymore. Its a slow and subtly painful process.

So thoughts, put them here.

Vets, Id especially like to hear from you as to how you feel about putting yourselves in hostile situations for this country and to see what it is becoming.

Gay marriage laws, Healthcare and Dennis Rodman and everything else goes here, write it down. This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Now is not the time to give in.

It's time for the modern day Patriot to stand up and say enough.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

When the ruling party elite start rounding up and killing their political oppenents then you should be worried

It is strange though, Nazi Germany and the U.S. both have a thing for eagle emblems.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Godwin's Law

There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself) than others. For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress

Just say'n

There's certainly other less alarmist, more informed comparisons that could be made.

As to guns and law, especially when travelling; one should at least make a modicum of effort to familiarize themselves with the gun laws of any territorial governance they will fall under.

Besides, don't these sports stars make like Millions?
They can hire private security, or, do they just like the gangster appeal of packing their own heat?

meh.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I pretty much hold to this thought. Many of us over the years have found ourselves disappointed with the direction the country seems to be taking. In most cases it seems that things are going down hill from the ideals that so many of us have held dear. In trying to understand what is going on, what I have arrived at for the present moment is that this place NEVER WAS that ideal or near ideal, or approaching ideal place we were taught to believe in.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Watch Connecticut closely. They never dreamed that so many people, as many as 400,000, would simply refuse to comply with the registration and thus become overnight felons. At this point, they're realizing that they simply don't have the manpower and the resources to follow through on the consequences even though the state media is apparently egging them on.

How this situation develops will likely tell the rest of us a lot about how things are really going in this country.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Given that the Nazi's never took anyone's guns away at all, I think you lose
Actually the Nazis allowed MORE gun ownership than the previous Weimar Republic!

The real problem in the US is these pro-discrimination laws being proposed through the bible belt & mid-west - like the idiot Georgia one that would allow you to break any law at all to discriminate against someone you don't like - THAT is much more nazification of a legal system than the non-issues with the 2nd amendment!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

When the ruling party elite start rounding up and killing their political oppenents then you should be worried
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I'd say that if you wait till then...you left it wayyyyyyy late. I'm sure if the Germans had it to do over, they would have shot Hitler in 33. It would have saved the lives of more than 100 million people.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Cops are the BIGGEST enemy of the once free republic.

Badges ARE Redcoats in every sense of the historical term.

When people realize this, the cops will back down out of fear.. and being outnumbered and gunned.

For only a coward would go against the BILL of RIGHTS for a paycheck/pension..

TRAITORS.. every ONE

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Im not making an argument just an observation, so theres no argument to be lost. And yes in certain jurisdictions there are certain laws. However in America, there is a constitution that protects the right to bear arms. Therefor any jurisdiction that tries to supersede this is well un-American and should claim as such.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

There is a long history of government slowly cracking down usually in non violent but intrusive registration laws in Nazi Germany. Yes there were gun confiscations that followed. Not just in Germany but almost anywhere you look in history should you chose to.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I agree with you somewhat, however I don't deal with municipal police on a daily basis thank god. My only interactions are usually with sherifs and I have much respect for them unless they do something to withdraw my trust. Police however I have a different opinion about in general.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You know, we wouldn't feel the need for all these laws if people learned what "respect" actually was intended to mean - leave each other alone. Not leave me alone until I want you to do something for me and then I force you to do it and if you won't I make a law that forces you to. And I mean that for both sides.

We need to learn that not everyone will agree with us on everything. They won't do everything with or for us. They might make their little clubs or groups without us, but nothing stops us from doing the same without them. And then we live our lives and everyone goes their own way. R-E-S-P-E-C-T ... it goes both ways.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What does Gay Marriage laws have to do with this?

are you saying this is contributing to the Downfall?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
hey. a little revolution is good for the soul. and comparing the US to Nazi Germany isn't really fair. they didn't have a civil war when they got all pissy. they took it out on other countries. in america we do civil war. and we do it well. and as a vet if i can take just one of the "other" side with me then i haven't lived my life in vain. would rather take 1 billion with me, but when it comes to my fellow angry monkeys and helping them meet they're maker, i believe we should strive to over achieve.
as they say you never know until you try. since the constitution is already dead, it shouldn't be long. but i'm kinda curious. since the last civil war was north vs south, how do you think the angry monkey combatants in the next civil war will define/break out geographically? I'm thinking the good guys against the two coasts and Chicago and Detroit and Michigan . how do you think it'll define itself?
dogs! Great with a cold glass of milk !

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Good question and no I respect the right for gay couples too have a civil union as long as it doesn't interfere with liberties and basic rights in general.

I do fear that Adam could marry Steve and then something happens to Adam and Steve sucks up all his inheritance for a broad instance. But more in depth than that. The fraud and manipulation of the system tied in with the healthcare laws and child protective services makes my blood boil.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

What I see happening is a draw down of the military and meanwhile they will build the domestic army otherwise known as the foreign army within called DHS.

Then they will focus on enemy combatants and there is a manual for dealing with enemy combatants or veterans for instance.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

txinfidel

There is a long history of government slowly cracking down usually in non violent but intrusive registration laws in Nazi Germany.

NO THERE WASN'T!!

Yes there were gun confiscations that followed. Not just in Germany

Not even in Germany!!

read the link!

edit on 25-2-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: quote tag

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yes, it has happened over and over again before guns were even invented. Before the Bible was written. It is part of our history a part that has never ceased.

(Weapon confiscation that is.)
edit on 25-2-2014 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
We're not quite there yet, but we're closing the gap, OP. Once they start beating down civilian dissent, we're screwed. Eyes open, mind sharp -- an angry & defiant populace can do a lot when they put their minds to it. Catch is getting Americans to give enough of a sh**.

txinfidel
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Good question and no I respect the right for gay couples too have a civil union as long as it doesn't interfere with liberties and basic rights in general.

I do fear that Adam could marry Steve and then something happens to Adam and Steve sucks up all his inheritance for a broad instance.

Huh? Are you saying you're worried Steve would clean out the late Adam's bank accounts? How the hell is that any different from what a gold digger wife already does??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join