It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this a predictive dream or just my brain calculating the odds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Last wednesday a friend of my father's had a stroke. When I called my father on thursday he told me about it. His friend, apparently, had no clogs nor hemorrhage, and he was given a medicine (idk what for) and according to doctors he was going to be fine, probably discharged in a couple of days. However that night, I dreamed i was in a party my father had organized for me and at some point, I was outside the room where the party was taking place and I saw my father and some of his friends crying, I looked through the window and a video about this friend was being shown on a screen, as The Academy does at the oscar's ceremony for dead actors.

So when I woke up, i called my dad and his friend had passed away that very same night.

So, I'm not a pessimistic person and I was told my dad's friend was going to be alright, however he died on the same night I dreamed he was dead. Was this a predictive dream or was my brain just doing math?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Interesting!

Well I tend to believe that all the knowledge and thoughts, past and present is accessible by tuning in to certain universal consciousnesses...so, who knows?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lincourtz

It was predictive IMO. I had a similar experience in a dream. In my dream a childhood friend's brother appeared walking towards me over a hill. His name was Luke. I asked Luke where Holly was and he smiled but said nothing. He passed by me, and shook his head no, still smiling, as I asked him again where Holly was. I woke up to my wife's phone ringing early, around 6 am. My wife answered and she was informed her Aunt Holly, who had been battling cancer had passed that morning, about 2 hours before at 4am. We did know Holly was ill, but she was not in the hospital, because she was at home being cared for. So, her death was going to happen, but we did not know when. When I woke from the dream to the phone call and heard my mother-in-law, Holly's sister, I knew...and I knew Luke was my minds way of telling me Holly had passed, but my mind was confused, however, Luke, as my dream interpreted him, was telling me that I was asking about the wrong Holly.
edit on 25-2-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I had a similar experience once, one that I hold very dear. I had a dream my grandmother had come to me dressed in white and took the form of an angel. She said, "everything will be okay." I awoke to the phone ringing and I went downstairs to find my sister crying at the table. She stated my grandmother had just passed away and our parents had called from the hospital.

I always wondered if it really was a dream or was it something more?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You tapped into it, IMO. I had very similar experience when my Grandma was dying in 1995. I told my mom about a dream I had regarding a red dog and grandma on a property I had never seen. The dog came from the back of the property trying to coax my grandmother to come with him to the back of this country property and she was saying " He wants me to follow him, I have to follow him." My mom asked her about this and she remembered she had a red dog as a girl on her families country property.

This, of course, was considering when she was conscious ( in and out for three month ) so, I feel you were picking up vibes from the situation, some of us have better antena than others.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

I think people who embrace their emotions tend to have higher EQ's, which enables them to feel or interpret energies using any combination of heightened senses, including in subconscious or conscious states. Humans are not the only species that do it, IMO. All of us can tap into it. People who cannot or claim have not, either lack the EQ or possibly it is not an inability, but maybe a refusal to acknowledge their own feelings. I am not sure why some can, or some experience more than others, but I believe it lies in all of us. Embrace compassion, let the empathy flow. I believe the chances of experiencing these "vibes" increase if a person or people allow themselves to feel and feel for others.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Heheheh I love it when people call it Antenna. It always makes me smile. Thank you for your insight. I remember dreaming about my great grand mother the night after she passed away, and then on the aniversary of her death (which i didn't remember in my conscious mind at least) I remember calling my grandma asking about if that was a special day related to my great grandma and she said "today it's a year after her passing"

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Boscov

Just wondering: what are you referring to when you say "EQ?".
2nd

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Emotional Quotient. I do not believe all means of calculating EQ are accurate nor can EQ be quantified entirely, but in theory, EQ is a measurement, in part, of human empathy capacity. EQ is coupled with IQ loosely, whereas EQ is perceived as less subjective. EQ is a work in progress to explain human emotion and emotional awareness.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Third eye picking up the information and showing to your conscious in a dream? Or do we classify it as a synchronous event where two different occurrences are connected to each other?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Well I've been reading a lot about the third eye/awakening etc the past few weeks but haven't done anything about it but to start reading a book about how to open it....

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Lincourtz

Well I've been reading a lot about the third eye/awakening etc the past few weeks but haven't done anything about it but to start reading a book about how to open it....

From my point of view you have done something if you are gathering information and trying to understand something. Every single thought is a single step.
. Namaste (on all levels of the meaning)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thank you.

top topics

join