Lighting up the sky! Dragon's head appears on Greenland's horizon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+33 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I figured you guys and gals would appreciate this beauty. What's the chance of seeing something like this but once in a lifetime?

With their vivid colours and swirling shapes, the northern lights are already considered one of the most magical sights to see.

But this might just be the most enchanting sight yet - the image of a dragon's head appearing as the Northern Lights dance across the night sky.

The ghostly shape of the mythical creature was formed out of swathes of green as the lights appeared in the Arctic Circle.

Source

•The northern lights occur when highly charged electrons from solar wind interact with elements in Earth's atmosphere
•As electrons enter upper atmosphere they meet oxygen and nitrogen at altitudes up to 200 miles above Earth's surface
•Long-exposure images were captured by astrophotographer Juan Carlos Casado

More, less spectacular at the source.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

clearly that's Falcor reminding us of how awesome Never ending story was.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How auspicious, that must be the Jaded Dragon of Wisdom.

Awesome pic, desktop background worthy in fact.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

Hahaha....I thought that too!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's probably either a Chinese lantern or a reflection of Venus on the upper crusts of the atmosphere... lol

That looks so organic. It must have been impressive to see live. And all green fro Greenland? Cool!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So ... someone collected all the dragon balls?

I've never even watched those cartoons, but, I've heard tell.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ragnarok!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

I just got off a 10 hour shift, and that gave me the biggest smile, as I dig in to beer number 2. That was my favorite movie. Just Give me a Name!! The Nothing is destroying everything!!!! Just give me a name! Bastian!!! This can't be real. Please!...
How? Just Think it!!

My most intense memory as a kid. And oddly enough if I didn't remember it the story would be dead which is the point of the story that has no end.

What are dragons though? Could they be lights in the sky? Are they craft that have beings living in their belly? Are they comets? Are they related to the snake in the bible? Or are dragons just vampires. Dracul, Dracula and DRACO malfoy...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Mother shipton " A fiery dragon will cross the sky six times before the earth shall die. Mankind will tremble and frightened be for the six heralds in this prophecy"

Well... it wouldn't be ATS without some kind of doom/end of humanity spin on it..

Cool pic.. star and flag

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

strongfp

clearly that's Falcor reminding us of how awesome Never ending story was.

As if anyone needed to be reminded.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

misscurious
Mother shipton " A fiery dragon will cross the sky six times before the earth shall die. Mankind will tremble and frightened be for the six heralds in this prophecy"

Well... it wouldn't be ATS without some kind of doom/end of humanity spin on it..

Cool pic.. star and flag

Oh come on , i wanted to be the one pointing to the Ragnarok!!!

I checked the source btw and it was uploaded on the 24th, but it doesnt say when the pics were taken. Ragnarok was due on the 22 right?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
At first glance I would of said pareidolia, but the thing has an eye! What does it mean, luck dragon all the way.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Kind of looks like one of those yappy little annoying dogs to me. I don't know what they are called, they are about the size of a small poodle. Dragon? I didn't know dragons were that cute.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

rickymouse
Kind of looks like one of those yappy little annoying dogs to me. I don't know what they are called, they are about the size of a small poodle. Dragon? I didn't know dragons were that cute.

Did you notice some of the posts... I mean come on a puppy dragon!!!

Errrr I mean Luck Dragon!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Awesome!!!! I LOVE dragons!!! Maybe even borderline obsessed with them lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Somebody has collected all 7 dragon balls...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Hey how about that. A bearded dragon.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Mortal Kombat. Finish Him!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Isn't nature amazing!
Imagine what our distant ancestors would have thought of such a sight.
It may have changed the entire way of life for certain tribes,be seen as an omen,or a spirit sign-who knows?

It's quite literally the stuff legends are made of!

Edit-It just occured to me:
Imagine if that had occured on the day the other week when "Ragnarok" was said to be happening!
Even I would have been worried if I had seen that on that day!
edit on 26/2/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: extra letters added

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That would have been badass! Priceless even.. lol Imagine the panic.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join