It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some SERIOUS help here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
For the past 2 days there has been literally tons of unsuccessful intrusions into my computer and 4 failed forced uploads of things to my computer 2 of which were some kind of virus. The only sites I have traveled to where nothing I do not typically travel to. What are better methods for helping me stay a bit farther off the grid and safer online? Hell I don't even use Facebook or social media really accept this and skype and I rarely ever use skype. Thanks in advance for advice!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Download the free version of "Zone Alarm" which blocks intrusions and viruses. I've used it for a while and find it very effective, so much so I bought the Pro version.

ETA: It's the "Internet Security Suite" you'd be wanting sorry I forgot it's the only one that has virus and spyware so It's $45.00 but well worth it IMHO

edit on 25-2-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

There really isn't much you can do short of a firewall. Hackers will randomly test IP addresses to look for vulnerabilities. You don't have to be anywhere "sketchy" on the internet to have someone randomly pick your IP out of a hat, since they generally have written programs which test large numbers of IP addresses in a very short time. They basically just run a command that parses a list of IP's and probes them for vulnerabilities. The best you can do is to make sure your OS is up to date, and you are running both an antivirus program and a reliable firewall.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Have you performed a disk cleanup lately to remove all the offline web pages and clutter?

If you have a MAC, you could be having issues with the GOTOFAIL malware/virus.

Have you updated your anti, performed a scan, and rebooted?

Have you Unplugged your Modem/router system for 2 minutes lately?

Doesn't hurt to clean up the registry either.

These methods usually fix things up. Hhmmm, are you using Windows XP?

Hope this helps

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Good points here, especially about windows XP. DON'T use windows XP.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I regularly clean my system and run piriform cc cleaner quite often and use windows 7 I never liked XP and do not like 8. I can see file after file of someone or program trying to get into different files, I have a fire wall and it seems like it is someone trying to access my computer because it has been happening over the last 2 days around the same time frame and sometimes the same files were tried 6 to 8 times before trying other ones.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

How have you determined this?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Does it have times of activity and then times of inactivity? Are you on wifi? Could it be a neighbor?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Because I have a print out of every time, location, and duration of activity within my system while intrusion was being detected

for example at 5:57 a little ago the target was

c:\programfiles(x86)\norton360\Engine64\6.4.1.14\BUSV.S

and another 5 minutes ago (6:28) target
c:\programfiles(x86)\norton360\Engine64\6.4.1.14\cltl.mh.exe

Before that it was a stream of about 25 files all over my computer for a period of about an hour and 15 minutes and twice tried to upload a virus

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Is formatting your drive and starting over an option?

Have you run Wireshark or an equivalent to look at what is leaving your interface to confirm your suspicions? What is your connection ethernet or 802.11 (wifi)?

If you have a firewall, hardware or software, and you have AV/Anti-Malware and your system is patched and you didn't invite someone in by any of the normal phishing methods then you are either hit with a 0 day that no one knows about or one of the previous levels of protection aren't functioning the way you think they are.

If formatting is an option then that will give you the possibility of vuritualizing and sandboxing a bit. Assuming you have some deep malware loaded it will save you a lot of time.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The hacking bastards are getting sneakier. A pox upon them I say.

Here I am running a few AV programs to keep them at bay and they still keep on trying. Drone them I say. Enough is enough. They are killing free speech...and life as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I don't think I have any mal ware, I started having problems yesterday google decided to download something called "mediaviewer 1.1" into the extensions in tools. It was unusual because I didn't want it and it came with the regular google update but it was quarentined as malware. the unusual part was that instead of being able to remove that like any other extension I had to individually find the file and delete that from my computer via the control panel and then restart google check for removal and then restart after running CC cleaner since then I have been getting intrusions and other things trying to be downloaded to my computer.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Okay reading your explanation besides CC Cleaner what security (CC Cleaner can easily be argued against as being a viable INFOSEC tool) what have you run?

Have you loaded up Wireshark to confirm what you are seeing ? It's not hard to go down a rabbit hole and create a scenario where legit issues are determined to be security problems.

Back to my original question , is formatting an option?
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago2805ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by opethPA

I don't think I have any mal ware, I started having problems yesterday google decided to download something called "mediaviewer 1.1" into the extensions in tools. It was unusual because I didn't want it and it came with the regular google update but it was quarentined as malware. the unusual part was that instead of being able to remove that like any other extension I had to individually find the file and delete that from my computer via the control panel and then restart google check for removal and then restart after running CC cleaner since then I have been getting intrusions and other things trying to be downloaded to my computer.

Google. It's evil, I'll say it again and again.

My suggestion - if you haven't already download Malwarebytes from cnet.com - it's free and a very good program. Run full system scan.
edit on 25-2-2014 by kalunom because: added link

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

kalunom
Google. It's evil, I'll say it again and again.

I love people that blame things around infosec on Google.

It's probably not important that people have been exploiting, hacking, phreaking/boxing, coding viruses or otherwise doing bad things in the binary world long before Google came along.

I know it's easy to point everything that way but that doesn't help the OP any.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

go to linux mate, best advice I can give and best advice I think you can get, go to ubuntu's site, it's free to download and easy to install, you can even just put it on a cd and boot it from the cd so you can try it before installing but I promise, once you've installed ubuntu you'll never go back to windows... ever..

its easier to use, far superior in speed, has built in apps and app store that has every thing you'll ever need and no need for any antivirus because it just doesn't get viruses, you can have an anti virus with it if you like but there's no need, Ive used every version of windows from 98 to windows 8 and had loads of problems or issues at one time or another with each, xp was always my favourite but it's the one that's most like linux

but since going to ubuntu a year odd ago I've never looked back or had a single issue with my pc or laptop and it runs a lot faster than windows since it uses the ram instead of the processor and is much smaller than windows. when I got my new laptop I installed ubuntu as soon as I put it on, never even booted the windows 8 it came with. ..

sorry for going on a bit but I think this is the answer to most peoples computer problems, Ubuntu is the best. google ubuntu and if you need to know anything else about it just message me. (I don't work for or with Linux, I just think it's excellent) hope this helps.
edit on ETuesday1025pm0623 by Elijah23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by opethPA

I don't think I have any mal ware, I started having problems yesterday google decided to download something called "mediaviewer 1.1" into the extensions in tools. It was unusual because I didn't want it and it came with the regular google update but it was quarentined as malware.

I believe that you have a passive malware infection. I would download AVG free and do a virus scan. If that doesn't fix the problem, you may need to dig deeper. ComboFix is a life-saver with this kind of stuff, but only use it if you feel comfortable restoring a system.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I was talking about Google in jest (mostly - just paranoid me about all their connections with everything)...

BTW I want Akerfeldt to do some more Bloodbath work (sorry, off topic...) - but seriously...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

kalunom
BTW I want Akerfeldt to do some more Bloodbath work (sorry, off topic...) - but seriously...

Friend invite incoming!!!!!!! (sorry OP)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

microsoft security essentials and also norton 360 my network is on wifi using a cysco which is protected under its network lock feature as far as open or locked to public. There is one file cc cleaner isn't deleting even though it is a problem with cc cleaner why is this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join