It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Types of Universal Civilizations; Type 0, I, II, III, IV, V ... God?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
While it is understandable for one world government or at least an over-seeing body for Earth because it is one planet after all, In space, much as in the US from 13 colonies to now, Individual pioneers will probably develop space much more rapidly.

Space will tend to be mostly unregulated and pretty ungovernable for quite a time into the future. I kind of like that. Freedom for the individuals.

Let space be the place people project their hopes and dreams.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've been told that their might actuall be alot of money to be made in space mining Asteroids. (Or perhaps capturing solar energy?)The main factor holding people (namely entrapeneurs) back from space exploration is that currently there are no efficient means to get there. Fuel is just too damn expensive. If a more efficient means can be found there's really no reason why people won't start going there in search of riches.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Langolier]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hello, I am glad all of you liked the article. I wrote most of it on wikipedia (check out here: Wikipedia History). If you check out the Talk Page you can see there is still a lot of work to do. Not many people are into this stuff there, but if you guys can help (you can edit without registering) this would be great. Anyone up for that? I want this to be a featured article (on the front page) but no one is willing to review it, but it seems like there is quite a bit of interest here.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctrlbuild
Hello, I am glad all of you liked the article. I wrote most of it on wikipedia (check out here: Wikipedia History). If you check out the Talk Page you can see there is still a lot of work to do. Not many people are into this stuff there, but if you guys can help (you can edit without registering) this would be great. Anyone up for that? I want this to be a featured article (on the front page) but no one is willing to review it, but it seems like there is quite a bit of interest here.

fabulous work, really. i love the wikipedia community, and if i had the time, id contribute. between school, blogging, aim, irc, and ats, im shot. i hope someone really does give it a good look, its a fantastic work. very well done.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thank you, I put images in, and they deleted them..grr.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
At the current rate that the world electrical out is changing, we should be a Type I civilization by 2100, 2125 max. But if we somehow make fusion work any time in the next 10 years, then maybe we can be type I as soon as 2050. It would be rather interesting how Earth would respond to this. Maybe we'll throw a world wide party for a month or something. After all this would be the biggest step ahead for mankind since we landed on the moon. lol maybe ...

P.S. They added some more charts and imiges to Wikipedia to make the Kardeshev scale somewhat more understandable.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is a great topic! I just read parts of it just then, I really injoyed reading your first post.
If we as a society are to colonise space, what type of people are the goverments going to let populate what planets. For example, Americans have the ability to go anywhere they want. People from Iran can only go to pluto. This is only an example do not beat me up over it but America will play a major role in space travel, they will get to choose by establishing a application form of some sort, what type of people they want on certain planets and what the can contribute to the colony.

I think alot of cultures we have here on Earth will die out because they will be restricted in expanding, while they countrys that are colonising will be become quite powerfull.

I love thinking out side the box
This topic rocks!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Die Trying
This is a great topic! I just read parts of it just then, I really injoyed reading your first post.
If we as a society are to colonise space, what type of people are the goverments going to let populate what planets. For example, Americans have the ability to go anywhere they want. People from Iran can only go to pluto. This is only an example do not beat me up over it but America will play a major role in space travel, they will get to choose by establishing a application form of some sort, what type of people they want on certain planets and what the can contribute to the colony.

America itself is not the only country with space access, Russia, Japan and the European community also do. Although America is the leader in space now and was for some time. The thing is, if we do start colonizing other planets, a nation can't do it by its self. This will be a global effort with many countries contributing to the effort. I think we can put our cultural and geographical differences aside and work for a better future for the good of the whole human race. When we do start colonizing planets we will probably first send probes to see if that certain planet is worth the effort and if colonization is possible. When we decide it is, we will probably send some supplies there before send people. Then the first humans we will sent will be experts and technicians to start the slow process of colonization. We will have set up some sort of a space port quite quickly but it will probably be hundreds of years before we see cites on other planets but eventually will happen. It would interesting to have a city on the moon or Mars, looking through a window back to our true home...

I'm glad you like this topic, I also found it fascinating, thats why I posted it here.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The example I used about what type of countrys would be involved was that, just an example. I only said the US and Iran so you could see the point I was getting across, also I could not be bothered going through all the counrtys
I do not believe countrys would put their agendas aside, they might so they can achieve the goal of colonising, but they would still be keeping a close eye on one another.

Its definitly going to be very exciting and scary colonising other worlds. It makes you hope there is life after death so we can still experience the adventure.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A much better understanding on it as well as other subjects can be found at

www.mkaku.org...

Here is the link regarding the discussion...

www.mkaku.org...

Very smart man, enjoy.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I would vote yes for Type III Civilization Star Wars and we will be have an ability to survive the end of the universe and there will no human evolution allowed. I would wish if the Earth will live forever and the Sun will be rekindled and our humanity Type III Civilization as Galactic Human Empire as soon as I get my Tardis U-Boat build up if I get enough money for quadrillion dollars to fund my space and time travel project like Doctor Who just for one day?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Humans can become Type 1 anytime if they work together and use their heads.

They just refuse to.

edit: whoa boy, talk about bring back a dead threat!
edit on 2/19/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I see but can they get the refusal out of their heads and overcome it?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well until we stop allowing slavery, elect elites over our heads, and wars, murder, destruction of world, and keep on paying for the whole system in ancient fossil fuel technology, we should all shave big fat zero's on our heads, because we're at the zero mark there.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And how the meek shall inherit the Earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Star and Flag for the original poster

You did a good job explaining the Kardashev scale of civilizations.

I'd add that there are active searches underway for Type 0, Type I, II and III civilizations.

Proposed search for a mid to late Type 0 or Type I

Current search for a Type II or Type III

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join