It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: Ukrainian authorities are ready to use army to subdue pro-Russian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

freakjive
reply to post by aboutface

You are 100% correct in what you say. You put it very well and I wish I could star that post 100 times over.

Thanks.

I've been listening to the Russian ambassador and foreign minister ever since the escalation of events in Ukraine and what I don't know is what does it mean to have 150 thousand troops on alert /exercises.

While Russia claims it has no intention of invading Ukraine, it also stated that it must protect all its important munitions and base in the area. I had not even thought about the munitions protection aspect, but given what's going on, it makes uber sense to give that lots of consideration, doesn't it? So given that armed people have taken hold of the Crimean Parliament building, and taking the Russians word at face value for now, doesn't their reaction make sense so far? Or are 150 thousand troops way too many?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I think it makes sense. Why use 1000 troops or even 10 000 troops? That just says that you aren't even close to serious. 150 000 troops. Now THAT is a pretty clear message. I believe it means "DON'T FLINCH or you will get #ed up!" I hope I am wrong however. No good seems to be able to come out of this. Unless....maybe Putin and Klitschko wanna box it out in the ring? That would be likely the BEST way to solve this crisis. Winner takes all.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a mastermind behind all this or if it is just random chaos. The timing of when the riots turned violent was suspicious as it was during the Olympics but if anyone I wonder who was behind it? It's possible it might not even be the obvious suspects and be a 3rd party like China wanting to get Russia and the US/EU to fight each other and be weakened in doing so. The situation only really turned bad when shots were exchanged between police and protesters. It wouldn't have been too hard for anyone with enough money to engineer that situation by paying mercs or corrupt cops to fire the first shots. Or as I said it could just be random chaos but the timing makes me suspicious.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Obama to make an announcement on Ukraine at any minute:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join