It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: Ukrainian authorities are ready to use army to subdue pro-Russian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Yuri Ilyin changed his mind to go to Sevastopol, because the city was aware of the plans for the possible use of the Ukrainian army to quell pro-Russian sentiment, said a source in the naval forces of Ukraine.

"Thousands of people walking the streets, gather in the squares, chanting" Chaly "," Russia! "Waving flags, which greatly annoyed the new government in Kiev. So annoying that they are ready to send an army against its own people, but it will not lead to the pacification of the city "- said the source RIA "Novosti" .

Source: Ukrainian authorities are ready to use army to subdue pro-Russian

In a follow-up to my thread yesterday predicting the rise in tensions regarding East vs. West in Ukraine, we now have a "source" sending out what would be war-crys from the Ukrainians regarding Pro-Russian movements.

The violence is far from reaching it's peak.

Please read the translated article for more information.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Thanks for keeping the information flowing. As a news junkie (from all sources) I hadn't seen this yet.

I too, think that this will get bigger once spring arrives.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What a mess. It doesn't seem like anyone will benefit there no matter the outcome. My very basic understanding is that Ukraine really has 3 options. A puke sandwich (EU) a snot sandwich (Russia) or a crap sandwich (split like east&west Germany) ..

I doubt there will be a split because I think it comes down to who wants it more, Russia or the EU. Unfortunately, I highly doubt the people will end up making the actual decision in the end. If the military involves itself from either side, it can't be good. Hopefully we can get more updates because this could end up being a big deal it seems...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

No problem. I have a friend traveling Eastern Europe right now and he's keeping me updated with all things he finds along the way. I've tried to get him to register and share some of the perspectives of the people he's interacting with but he doesn't have the time.

I'll keep updates coming as he sends them.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh man. They really need to envision all the consequences of any actions they might take. Their first priority should be to avoid a total economic collapse-- and they are on the very brink of that at the moment--rather than military action. If they collapse then it will be an invitation for others to move in. It's not the time for justice or anger, but rather for rational thinking and clear heads.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

You are 100% correct in what you say. You put it very well and I wish I could star that post 100 times over.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
hey FJ
sandf
i wonder if this is a model for other states to come

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Danbones
i wonder if this is a model for other states to come

Hey DB

I'm sure this model that has evolved since its use in Libya, Egypt, Syria, et all will continue to evolve and multiply. For sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Unfortunately, we all know that once economic collapse happens, war follows shortly after. I do hope that clearer heads prevail, but at the moment, it doesn't look like that will happen.

Egypt is still in turmoil as is...
Syria
Iraq
Venezuela
Afghanistan
Philippines
Indonesia
Thailand

China, Russia and Iran all all flexing their muscles while the West draws down.

Something evil comes our way.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

This sounds like its gonna end bad unfortunately. The protesters sure know how to protest though. Not like us brits!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

There is far greater support for Russian ties, than we in the West are lead to believe ( 90 % speaking Russian ).We are not being shown this in the media until now, to push an agenda. The small Western funded minority are been pushed on us in a certain portrail, to gather Western support. The true Russian support is only now being shown full scale, thus making them look like trouble makers in a now free liberated and Soveriegn Country.Nothing could be further from the truth.Who would want to join a failing debt ridden E.U. Even the majority of Great Britian's populace want out!Keep it real George Clooney. This is going to end badly for all envolved.There are no Winners in such things.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If Ukraine uses military force to quell demonstrations, then it will give Russia a reason to send tanks to Crimea and East Ukraine.

Now that the 'real border' i.e. that of the former USSR has been penetrated, be prepared for more than silent Russian response. Just like Georgia in 2008, Russia will not keep quiet in Ukraine either.

More realistic scenario is vertical split of Ukraine into West and East. Hopefully that goes peacefully.

edit on 25-2-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

90% speak Russian? So? The actual ethnic Russians only occupy the far east of Ukraine and then Crimea. Just because people speak the language, doesn't mean they are Russian. I would imagine that many speak Russian so they can converse with their countrymen.

I work with a Ukrainian and a Lithuanian, both speak Russian but that does not a Russ make.There's hundreds of thousands of people in the UK who can speak French, German or Spanish but that doesn't mean they are!

Here is an article showing both the langauge divide, it's locations plus who voted for who and where.

As you can see, your claims of 90% being Russians and is lied to are in themselves a bare faced lie.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Where did I say 90% WERE Russian.You would make a fantastic wanker on Downing street you would.Twisting peoples words like a poly prat. Keep it real.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

You're entire post was centred around the "large, Russian" support and the opening comment was "90% speak Russian" - the implication you were making in the post was that we're being led down the garden path by pretending there is large Western support when there is in fact large Russian support.

This is clearly not true - as shown by the voting pattern map as well as the map showing native language. It is also demonstrated to not be true by the fact the "large Russian" support was no where to be seen in counter demo's and even now, remains largely quiet.

Meanwhile, in the West of the country, the Government has effectively lost control of entire regions to pro-Western administrations.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Questions and more questions..Is any of this legal? Can the government of Ukraine legally accept a loan either from Russia or the IMF under these conditions? Has the UN charter been respected? How is the government of Ukraine considered legitimate without it's elected head? Is there anyway of getting some unbiased news out of Ukraine? all we are hearing is about the pro-EU crowd, what about the millions of pro-Russians? I'm afraid Ukraine is ripe for a civil war, so sick of this crap How many civil wars around the world will that be now? 5? 7? coincidence? I think not
edit on 25-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Knock of the personal remarks. Stay on the topic and the topic only, or posting bans will follow.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If this happens this would give russia a firm casus belli to go in under the guise of protecting rusians in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

All they need do is shoot on there own sympathiser's then we get Georgia x2x2000
edit on 25-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You are absolutely correct! During the US Civil War...the majority of combatants spoke English.

It was the ideologies that drove the division.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join