It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Scientist Finds Uneducated Internet Comment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe with the new laws coming into effect, with SDS's, and full disclosure, (used to be MSDS's), we will finally have answers?

Although, I looked up MMR MSDS, and couldn't find one, and for Gardesil, it said MSDS wasn't required.

If they want to put a definitive slap down on all the "non vaccine" believers, that should do it, right?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

alienreality
I have never had a flu shot in 50 years plus, and only had the flu one time about 44 years ago.

Since a flu shot is designed around one strain, by the time you get a shot, the flu that you catch in the future won't be affected by that shot anyway. Even with this I still have never got the flu since a very young age.

The flu shot wasn't being hard sold way back then because greed wasn't as rampant as it is now. Bottom line is it is all about the cash.

I would bet real money that this angry scientist is a liberal company line follower. Or someone guided by idealism and emotion a lot more than science or common sense, or logic. After all, doesn't "angry scientist" already violate logic and reason?
edit on 25-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

Perfectly said. I don't know if it's proper etiquette to name the place where I work so I'll just say, it's the the company that some hypothesize that the acronym H.A.L was based on. I'm pretty much in the midst of firebombing my career (sent a vulgarity laced diatribe to my management, followed by asking if I could be added to the next 'Resource Action' list) I'm sick of working with people who can call themselves 'Engineers' and can do all of one thing really well. The industry is FULL of one trick ponies that can do that one trick REALLY well. But when I would hear them get confused talking about automotive, plumbing, HVAC, etc...I came to the realization that I wouldn't trust more than a nickel's worth of these guys to change the oil in my car properly. They're educated employees not engineers, because the title 'Engineer' used to mean that they could, or would at least attempt to, investigate and find the solution to everything around them in this world...not a tiny facet of the world. I'm guessing the guy who wrote the 'response' is an educated employee, not a scientist.
edit on 25-2-2014 by R3v3l4710ns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't know about other vaccines but the flu jab is a baddy. Yes it is just anecdotal but I know many people who got ill following flu vaccination, including one who developed Transverse Myelitis as a result.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've not had a flu shot in my life ever that I can remember. I've not had the flu for probably 8 years or more. I would never put that crap in my, or my family's body. But I agree with a poster above about the mother-in-law shot--we need that!! I'd be the first in line.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I let my daughter's doctor talk us into giving her a flu shot and we did that, and the next day she was so sick and the illness lasted about 5 days with a fever plus all the other flu symptoms.

Maybe they should be telling people that the "flu shot" GIVES anyone getting it the flu. It doesn't seem to do a thing except make people sick. And make other people wealthy.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I feel so hopelessly lost trying to find truth in the vaccine mess, it's like trying to find out what in the worlds going on with fluoride.

You'll find plenty of sites with seemingly reasonable arguments for both sides. Both chalked full of questionable statistics, unsure answers and I'm sure straight up lies. Someone's deceiving someone, if for no other reason than to say "I was right!" but of course it's probably money. Also, what are the possible motives for deception on either side?

Pro-vaccine. Take this questionable (perhaps even untested) cocktail at $40 a pop and it'll keep you safe. Get a third of the country vaccinated, well, that's quite a stash of money. Advertisement for the product can only be through fear mongering and like tactics. Hell, if they can convince enough people that the "unvaccinated" are threats to them and the world... well, watch out, unvaccinated. You're going to ruin everything and bring smallpox back... -_-

Anti-vaccination. Advocates by profession. Hey lets spread lies about the dangers of vaccination. We'll get vaccinated but many conflicted individuals won't. Then they'll die and we'll have killed more who like to live outside this system. Plus LOL, look at those idiots, that's what they get for not putting their unwavered faith in our Science.

There are a few more perspectives but i'll leave with this.

I'm still unsure the effects of thimerosal, mercery, ect but everythings so distorted these days we can't come to a conclusive agreement about nearly anything. "Monosodium Glutemate actually increases brain function?" "Aspertame revealed to have anti-cancerous properties?" It's construed insanity, everywhere. It would appear safer to just assume most stuff is terrible for you.

I won't get flu-vaccines, that's for sure. I honestly feel that for me, it's the safer option. I hope things don't spiral so out of control so fast that by next year, that choice makes me a criminal :/
edit on 25-2-2014 by Artanis667 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i would believe in vaccines a lot more if somebody didn't get incredibly rich out of them. just saying.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Never had a flu shot, had the flu once when I was a child.

Where I worked they all had the shot except me and another guy, and what happened? They had to close the works because they all got the flu.

As for the "Scientist", well good for him, but when he's approaching old age and his immune sytem starts failing him I expect he'll be wondering why!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am 59 and have never had a flu shot in my life. I cannot remember the last time I had the flu. The "Scientist" in the link quoted depends on people getting those shots to keep his job. Just another shill for Big Pharma.
edit on 2-25-2014 by groingrinder because: Edited for more genuine cajun spice.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Krazysh0t
Maybe try not to use anecdotal evidence to support your case.

Wait a minute..is that not what anti vacciners do?

Tell a story of how someone they know or heard of, who had the flu shot and then got sick.

I know flu shots are not for colds, they may help...maybe not but I don't get colds after a flu shots.

Anti Vax people always use "anecdotal evidence to support their case", it's worthless evidence they use.

Millions of people get the flu shots and other vaccines, yet few get sick..maybe just maybe..the flu shot/vaccines have nothing to do with it. If there was anything actually wrong with the vaccines...millions, hell even thousands would be getting sick..but they just aren't.

So the "anecdotal evidence" may support me..they aren't harmful and actually work.

The flu shot has a ZERO percent chance of stopping or preventing the common cold plus everything else that isn't the flu itself. It does have a small or mediocre chance of preventing you from getting the flu and that's it, or lessening your symptoms a bit if you do get the flu.

I would always get other shots like tetanus, Measles, Mumps and Rubella(when I was 5) and all those other big ones,Polio etc. but not the flu shot.

The flu shot is a joke that they are trying to get people on board for because it is the only inoculation that requires you get them every year or more, but the others are one timers and sometimes a booster. So this reveals a pattern in the commerce department for the flu shot. Why else would you see ads all over the place encouraging people get the flu shot? Because Walgreen's Inc. and Walmart's pharmacies care about everyone so much?

Always keep in mind how big the pharmaceutical companies are and how much they spend on lobbying and how they own the politicians that they lobby, with all the nice graft kickbacks and stuff, and then you begin to see why there is a big push that is inside the political sphere of influence, that is telling people to get that flu shot. This is the result of lobbying our politicians with big bucks.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh, I always trust alcohol-fueled rages by "scientists" to make decisions about my health, don't you?
Wonder which vaccine provider employs this one?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
Angry Scientist Finds Uneducated Internet Comment And Delivers Badass Response…

I love how this scientist gets it. The people who fear vaccines are the reason old illnesses are coming back.

Instead of spreading BS, maybe these fools should get educated. Had the flu shot every year since I can remember...guess what nothing bad has ever happened to me because of it. In fact I rarely even catch a cold.

didn't we just have a thread yesterday about the paid bloggers coming into this site to promote vaccines, gays, attack Christians, attack gun owners?

I just had to laugh at this thread....one because it came a day after someone told us this and two...well....because it is funny.

YOU don't worry about ME and I won't worry about YOU.

By the way....there are plenty of Doctors that say vaccines are a bad idea especially for young children.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Artanis667
I feel so hopelessly lost trying to find truth in the vaccine mess, it's like trying to find out what in the worlds going on with fluoride.

You'll find plenty of sites with seemingly reasonable arguments for both sides. Both chalked full of questionable statistics, unsure answers and I'm sure straight up lies. Someone's deceiving someone, if for no other reason than to say "I was right!" but of course it's probably money. Also, what are the possible motives for deception on either side?

Pro-vaccine. Take this questionable (perhaps even untested) cocktail at $40 a pop and it'll keep you safe. Get a third of the country vaccinated, well, that's quite a stash of money. Advertisement for the product can only be through fear mongering and like tactics. Hell, if they can convince enough people that the "unvaccinated" are threats to them and the world... well, watch out, unvaccinated. You're going to ruin everything and bring smallpox back... -_-

Anti-vaccination. Advocates by profession. Hey lets spread lies about the dangers of vaccination. We'll get vaccinated but many conflicted individuals won't. Then they'll die and we'll have killed more who like to live outside this system. Plus LOL, look at those idiots, that's what they get for not putting their unwavered faith in our Science.

There are a few more perspectives but i'll leave with this.

I'm still unsure the effects of thimerosal, mercery, ect but everythings so distorted these days we can't come to a conclusive agreement about nearly anything. "Monosodium Glutemate actually increases brain function?" "Aspertame revealed to have anti-cancerous properties?" It's construed insanity, everywhere. It would appear safer to just assume most stuff is terrible for you.

I won't get flu-vaccines, that's for sure. I honestly feel that for me, it's the safer option. I hope things don't spiral so out of control so fast that by next year, that choice makes me a criminal :/
edit on 25-2-2014 by Artanis667 because: (no reason given)

just always ask who benefits financially?

Do big pharma and the doctors offices that push their poison benefit financially from everyone getting shots or not?

These few doctors and scientists that feel they need to warn the public about the dangers they see in the vaccines....benefit how exactly? By not selling the lucrative shots and ostracizing themselves from the mainstream?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

alienreality
I let my daughter's doctor talk us into giving her a flu shot and we did that, and the next day she was so sick and the illness lasted about 5 days with a fever plus all the other flu symptoms.

Maybe they should be telling people that the "flu shot" GIVES anyone getting it the flu. It doesn't seem to do a thing except make people sick. And make other people wealthy.

Pierce Morgan showed us that....live on his show. He tried to make all the anti-vaxxers look bad and the guy almost died from the flu shot he got on national tv
edit on 25-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
Angry Scientist Finds Uneducated Internet Comment And Delivers Badass Response…

I love how this scientist gets it. The people who fear vaccines are the reason old illnesses are coming back.

Instead of spreading BS, maybe these fools should get educated. Had the flu shot every year since I can remember...guess what nothing bad has ever happened to me because of it. In fact I rarely even catch a cold.

what old time disease is coming back? Maybe Polio? Hasn't been a case since 1979. But there are plenty of "Polio Like" cases showing up....that truthful Doctors are saying is probably....wait for it....because of ..... the polio vaccine

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

noonebutme

Elijah23
reply to post by Onslaught2996

the information given isn't entirely correct either and its hardly written as a scientific argument...

Which bit is incorrect? Please elaborate using your knowledge as an experienced biologist or immunologist to back up what you're saying is incorrect.

Please, I'm keen to be educated.

this is why you can't have a serious discussion about these things on Forums, you post a simple statement and get such patronising, antagonistic responses... people get so militant about it... on either side. you could have just asked me to elaborate, you're language does not provoke friendly discussion... I don't pretend to have a "professional opinion" as such but I am a student, not of medicine but a joint Bachelors in Law and Psychology and I have a 2 year old son, I myself was vaccinated but before most of the current vaccines and my son was vaccinated with the first 2 vaccines but not the third, 3 in one, MMR vaccination.

This was after a long long process of weighing up the options, educating myself, reading through the cases against the pharmaceutical firms as well as reading cases and papers written for and against, I discussed it with family and friends, with people at university and even my two local councillors (as I'm involved in local politics and know them both personally) and in the end the answer was an obvious resounding no to the third vaccine. it has been proven, in my mind at least, that it is not worth the risks and doesn't deliver all its supposed benefits.

There are more and more cases proving this all the time, search the court papers. I don't want anyone to make a decision based on my opinion, at all. do your own research as I did, I don't claim to be an expert at all but I know enough to make the decision for my own children, based on genuine research to the best of my ability. and I did put in my original comment that people shouldn't be swayed either way by the OP, not swung my way because I was a professional... the info I was saying was wrong btw was that chemists know how to mix all of these things in a way that does us no harm... ever heard of the elephant man trials?

They don't know everything about the Human body... yet... and also the ingredients to the vaccines have been shown to be, and will continue to be shown to be, bad for the human body. I'm not a naturalist, as I believe in some vaccines efficacy, I'm just a self educated parent who urges others to educate them self also. hope this clarifies my opinion...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

You were very correct - my language had a sarcastic tone to it, not hard to miss.

That fact that you simply stated what the scientist said was incorrect without anything apart from your opinion is very weak. I get that your a parent, as am I. But the documentation that I have been reading up on (granted on the internet so take that as you will), is of a scientific basis, therefore, I trust that far more than "your opinion".

Do I trust it blindly, of course not. But do I think vaccinations work? Yes. Polio, small pox, etc - vaccination on a mass scale over a long period would suggest it's practically eliminated them (from the modern world).

However a year or so ago here in the UK there was an outbreak of measles. Turned out it was due to a bunch of parents who had decided against vaccination of their kids. Lo and behold, measles popped up. Funny that.

Both my kids have been vaccinated, as have I and my partner and none of us are autistic or have any learning difficulties. How do you explain that?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I don't hate vaccines but I don't like them either.

I'm not a Chemist or a Biologist, but I read enough articles to basically understand 1 simple fact, vaccination does not make you immune to whatever virus you're defending against.

Getting a shot of vaccine gives you a 50/50 chance of getting hit by the virus.

Not getting a shot of vaccine also gives you a 50/50 chance of getting hit by the virus.

So... are we getting the big picture now? To who's benefit?

The only way for this to work, is basically have clinical trials that prove the vaccination is 100% effective. For instance, once you get a shot of this, the chances of you getting H1N1 is 0%. Sure, I'll take a closer look.

But if you're telling me that by getting a vaccine, it's still possible for me to catch the virus in question, then what is the friggin' point?

By all means, if somehow my understanding of vaccines is incorrect, do correct me.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I told you that I was vaccinated and I am not autistic either.. you never had the MMR anyway unless your only in your early twenties, and you are angrily slating my opinion whilst giving yours, which is based on presumably the same research... so you can't say I trust medical opinions over yours (which of course you should... I never told you not too) when what you are actually trusting is your own opinion based on your own interpretation of the same knowledge I had at my disposal.

if you simply trusted medical opinion you would just have trusted the doctor and had the vaccines, so it negates your own research to say you simply trust medical opinions over mine... mine is based on medical opinion btw, my interpretation of the same evidence available to you ... but since we both have differing opinions and I have made my intentions clear that I do not wish to influence anyone else and was just commenting on the validity of the OP, then our discourse is arbitrary at best...
edit on ETuesday4625pm0723 by Elijah23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

groingrinder
I am 59 and have never had a flu shot in my life. I cannot remember the last time I had the flu. The "Scientist" in the link quoted depends on people getting those shots to keep his job. Just another shill for Big Pharma.
edit on 2-25-2014 by groingrinder because: Edited for more genuine cajun spice.

I go with you, why these days people need flu shots ? That polio etc vaccine is pretty good, but flu ? Our grandpa doesnt even know what is vaccine, it develop by itself, naturally.

I got flu few weeks ago after uhh I dont know how many years, it went away in 3 days, its not that hard isnt it ? Big pharma is making big bucks, woo hoo.

Next is sneeze shot, suppose to stop you from sneezing

edit on 25-2-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join