It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Scientist Finds Uneducated Internet Comment

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Angry Scientist Finds Uneducated Internet Comment And Delivers Badass Response…

I love how this scientist gets it. The people who fear vaccines are the reason old illnesses are coming back.

Instead of spreading BS, maybe these fools should get educated. Had the flu shot every year since I can remember...guess what nothing bad has ever happened to me because of it. In fact I rarely even catch a cold.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

To each is own aye?

Freedom isn't a one way street! For those of you whom choose to get vaccines, who's stopping you? But all be damned if people don't follow your beliefs?

Like I said, Freedom isn't a one way street!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Had the flu shot every year since I can remember...guess what nothing bad has ever happened to me because of it. In fact I rarely even catch a cold.

I haven't had a flu shot since, well, I don't remember the last time I got one, ten years+. Haven't had the flu since then, either. Also, the flu vacine will do nothing to prevent a cold, just saying.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Make of this what you will. The firm I worked for payed for everyone to have a flu jab. Over 80% went down with the flu. Never had one since. Over a 5 year period I took dyhydrocodiene for pain relief during all that time I never had a cold or flu while all around me got one or the other. Work that one out.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

that's fake surely... the "Scientist" pulls the woman up for her spelling then makes several spelling/grammar errors themself... the information given isn't entirely correct either and its hardly written as a scientific argument... this scientist is meant to have just been flicking through tumblr images on his break and thought "this, this picture is it, the last straw, I am aware of the debate against vaccines and as an expert in the field, I have been waiting for my opportunity to put in my professional 2 cents, and this is it..." I don't think so, it's been put together by someone to highlight the issue and do it in a way that will "go viral"... I don't base my knowledge of vaccines on what my doctor says alone or pictures on tumblr... make your own mind up, do your own research but don't let this BS steer you either way...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The problem is that the uneducated comments (on any subject) are always going to be easier to understand than the explanations, so they will necessarily spread faster and more effectively.
The world is going to be dumbed down by the internet.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

OP who exactly is this angry scientist? Vaccines are a touchy issue but I personally would never give my child so many shots at such a young age.

I grew up in the 80s and received the normal rounds of shots that should be good enough but now it is a business and the selling points are FEAR & FEAR.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Flu shots are a scam. Last time I had a flu shot was perhaps in the 80's. I hardly ever get sick.

Last time I got sick however was when I saw my mother in law. Find us a cure for that scientists - mother in law shot.
edit on 25-2-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You have the right to get the flu shot, it appears you have no negative effects. I have very severe negative effects from the shot, I have the right not to jeopardize my life by taking it. We both have rights.

What if I told you you have to drink pee because there is proof that it is beneficial, which there is. Would you drink it? not me.

What if I told you that they can repopulate your gut by inserting someone elses gut flora up your butt. Would you do it even though you could have a severe reaction to some of the microbes? Forget that, let them stick it up someone elses butt.

I don't really know if the vaccine causes problems with children. I do know the problem it causes myself and my offspring. I will believe what the doctor who I talked to said....don't take the shot if you have had a severe reaction to the flu shot in the past.

I personally do not like having an overreaction to this vaccine. I even question the path they have taken to develop this vaccine. There are specialized cells in our immune system to fight viruses, they don't use antigens

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I haven't had a flu shot in 20 years but I've had the flu once. My immune system is more resistant to the flu than yours. See how that works?

My pediatrician didn't know that there are potentially toxic amounts of aluminum in most vaccinations. They don't really question what other "smart" people are saying. Didn't bother to know the ingredients they shoot into babies. But I digress, The aluminum is a known toxin and the goal is to goose an inflammatory immune response in your body to really give that vaccine a turbo boost. Must have that.

That little function might seem important but it's never been studied on babies.. So what? We've got product to move and this tuff has a shelf life now that all the whiners made us remove the formaldehyde and mercury.

I invite you to educate yourself about inoculations and take them if you are convinced of their safety. I've made my choice.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I wish i can take away all the immunity from Polio, Measles, Mumps, Diphtheria, tetanus and Pertussis from all the Anti-Vaxers that got it when they were babies....and throw them in an area with such diseases.

We will find out if vaccines are "fake" lol.

edit: never got flu shot in my life, not really concerned about that. But i am a strong defender for the vaccine of those disease mentioned above.
edit on 2/25/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's fantastic that you've gotten the flu shot all these years and never gotten the flu. I on the other hand cannot even remember the last time I've gotten a flu shot, and I have never gotten the flu. Maybe try not to use anecdotal evidence to support your case.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crayzeed

Keith Richards said all the years he was on opiodies,he never got the flu or a cold either.As with you,many people have told me this was true in their case also.So the question is,why do pain killers work better than vaccines?Its definitely something that needs to be looked into.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The ones who are always yelling at people to get 'educated' are almost always the ones who haven't done a bit of investigation on their own. When a corporate controlled crony government and it's agencies perform tests to 'prove' something that would destroy a $20B industry, it's best to do your own work instead of blindly assuming that it's 'science' that you are listening to.

Sure, there are about 5 major diseases that people should get vaccinated for, because they are deadly (though if proponents of vaccines would actually 'Get Educated', you'd see that smallpox, polio, and a number of other debilitating diseases were often 60-80% lower than their peak BEFORE vaccines were introduced). But when the schedule has hundreds, and they don't allow you to only let them administer the dangerous ones to your children... this is called profit supplanted science.

I'd usually get my head bit off for saying this but, well, now that the CDC, after a decade of FOIA requests, has actually supplied some information...I'd say I have a more solid foundation to stand on than people who actually think a govt. agency is telling them the truth vs. protecting it's corporate interests.

Oppsie, the CDC shows that it knew about a Thimerosal link to infant brain development issues in 1999... so I guess those 10,000 babies that went from 'normal' to 'Autistic' immediately after getting shots...well, 10,000 pieces of empirical data that is completely ignored by 'science' is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. Sure, I may only be an Electrical Engineer with a second degree in physics but... I know how to question, instead of blindly accept.

CDC Story Source
edit on 25-2-2014 by R3v3l4710ns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Maybe try not to use anecdotal evidence to support your case.

Wait a minute..is that not what anti vacciners do?

Tell a story of how someone they know or heard of, who had the flu shot and then got sick.

I know flu shots are not for colds, they may help...maybe not but I don't get colds after a flu shots.

Anti Vax people always use "anecdotal evidence to support their case", it's worthless evidence they use.

Millions of people get the flu shots and other vaccines, yet few get sick..maybe just maybe..the flu shot/vaccines have nothing to do with it. If there was anything actually wrong with the vaccines...millions, hell even thousands would be getting sick..but they just aren't.

So the "anecdotal evidence" may support me..they aren't harmful and actually work.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I getb the shot every year, NEVER had the flu since

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by R3v3l4710ns

Childhood vaccines: Tough questions, straight answers

Do vaccines cause autism?
Vaccines do not cause autism. Despite much controversy on the topic, researchers haven't found a connection between autism and childhood vaccines. In fact, the original study that ignited the debate years ago has been retracted.

edit on 25-2-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Elijah23

the information given isn't entirely correct either and its hardly written as a scientific argument...

Which bit is incorrect? Please elaborate using your knowledge as an experienced biologist or immunologist to back up what you're saying is incorrect.

Please, I'm keen to be educated.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

jkeyes
reply to post by crayzeed

Keith Richards said all the years he was on opiodies,he never got the flu or a cold either.As with you,many people have told me this was true in their case also.So the question is,why do pain killers work better than vaccines?Its definitely something that needs to be looked into.

That's funny. There were a few years in my past when I noticed the same thing...but it wasn't opiates, it was uppers, blow, and massive amounts of alcohol. I noticed that I never got sick and, even if I wasn't partying and GOT sick...if I just went to the bar and did all of the same heart, kidney, and liver destroying junk, as if nothing was different...whatever sickness I was starting to have was gone before I woke up (or went to bed, as was often the case).

I'll chalk it up to: mankind ... we think we know so much, and we love to take our latest fanciful thought and put it on a pedestal and show it off to the world, but in the end...we don't know sh*t and are just making our way along...and now, most of us, are letting others do our thinking for us.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have never had a flu shot in 50 years plus, and only had the flu one time about 44 years ago.

Since a flu shot is designed around one strain, by the time you get a shot, the flu that you catch in the future won't be affected by that shot anyway. Even with this I still have never got the flu since a very young age.

The flu shot wasn't being hard sold way back then because greed wasn't as rampant as it is now. Bottom line is it is all about the cash.

I would bet real money that this angry scientist is a liberal company line follower. Or someone guided by idealism and emotion a lot more than science or common sense, or logic. After all, doesn't "angry scientist" already violate logic and reason?
edit on 25-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join