It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Chapo's 22 billion dollars. Debunked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is floating around imgur right now. Except that it isn't really consistent with the other news and press releases about the capture of famed Mexican outlaw, El Chapo.

In most of the press releases they say they had him on the run and only found a handful of money and I think one gun. They did however nearly catch him not long ago, in a compound which he escaped from. So I was wondering if this was the place.

And it's claiming 22 billion dollars was found. That is a lot of money. For instance, 22 billion could have bought whatsapp!

***Update*** the pictures and story that will probably be floating around the internet in the next few days is somewhat of a hoax.

It goes back to a Chinese national who was living in Mexico and caught involved in the drug trade. Source. It was not in the billions, but 205 million.

imgur.com...

After it was counted it turned out to be a little more than 22 Billion Dollars!

Very reminiscent of James Bond villains…

Check out the link for more pics…

imgur.com...

edit on 25-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's a second source.

The money and valuables found in this one house alone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man, women and child in the USA for 12 years!

There are believed to be approximately 27 more of these houses in Mexico alone not to mention the ones in other countries who are enriching themselves in the illicit drug trade. These people have so much money, they make the great Arab oil sheiks look like welfare recipients. Their money can buy the best politicians, some cops, the best judges, or whatever they need they just throw down stacks of cash and it is theirs!

www.infojustice.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I dont see why not, Pablo Escobar was generating more than that on an annual basis, major drug cartels make more money than any of the oil majors. I would not even want to hazard a guess at how much the CIA makes from drugs.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Great pics tho it seems to me they are actually older than this weeks bust of El Chapo....perhaps they have been shown before some time ago?
If not , it must have been some other drug lord they busted...but the absolutely insane opulence looks somehow familiar.
As do the guns......sure this aint old news made new again.....sort of recycled info that is timely enough for another airing under a different heading?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Those pics are around 4 years old from a drug bust in the Yucatan region of Mex.
edit on 25-2-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: You!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

stirling
Great pics tho it seems to me they are actually older than this weeks bust of El Chapo....perhaps they have been shown before some time ago?
If not , it must have been some other drug lord they busted...but the absolutely insane opulence looks somehow familiar.
As do the guns......sure this aint old news made new again.....sort of recycled info that is timely enough for another airing under a different heading?

I found it.

It was a years old bust with a Chinese national. And the money seized was just around 205 million. (okay I know "just" makes it sound like not that much…)

In perspective though, I don't think they caught the leader of the Mexican Cartel with anywhere near close to that money. So I wonder how accurate the Forbes list is.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

BlastedCaddy
Those pics are around 4 years old from a drug bust in the Yucatan region of Mex.
edit on 25-2-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: You!

Found it just after I posted. Since updated the OP.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Thanks BC...I was sure id seen them a while ago.....
It seems all the drug bosses have to have their own zoo these days.......
Tho it must come in handy in their line of work....terror is a commodity it seems, when you get to the top.....
And any intimidation factor is golden.....

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

boncho
Here's a second source.

The money and valuables found in this one house alone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man, women and child in the USA for 12 years!

www.infojustice.com...

New plan of action, capture one major drug lord every decade to cover the costs of healthcare for everyone, plus we could have a little left over for our sexy party....

top topics

join