It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible in broken-down bus driver's pocket stops 2 bullets to the chest from rookie gangbangers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Time to kill a 'polar bear' to get in the 'club'?!?

www.today.com...

bus driver who was shot in the chest was saved by a Bible in his pocket, leading police to believe that "some kind of intervention" took place.

Ricky Wagoner, from Dayton, Ohio, was trying to repair his broken-down bus on Monday morning when he was approached by three men, according to police.

"He heard suspects say that it was time to kill a polar bear to get into a club,''' Dayton Sgt. Michael Pauley told reporters.

The assailants shot Waggoner in the leg and stabbed him in the arm, but he told a 911 operator that he was able to fight back. He stabbed one of them with a pen before all three men ran away.

"I didn't want to stay there,'' he said in the recording of his 911 call. "I took the gun and knife away from them and shot at them."

Sign of the times? I'm not that street-smart and never thought of punks actually going around - with not just knives but also guns- killing people changing their tires or troubleshooting their engine, to get in some club/gang. I dont think I've even scene this one in the movies. Not only that, but the gang iniates got to run away scott free and are probably celebrating their fame with their new gang, to get away with successful kills next time!

The driver was actually able to wrestle away both the knife & gun and shot at them.. wonder how old these punks are and are officials even bothering to find them; how?

And if the bus driver had shot them in self defense, would he face sentence for homicide anyways in this day and age?!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well we've found the bad@ss of the month!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What are the odds being shot and both bullets getting lodged in a small book pocketed afront the chest (rather than anywhere else on the chest)?

How is this off-topic, and not paranormal? =D

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

The assailants shot Waggoner in the leg and stabbed him in the arm, but he told a 911 operator that he was able to fight back. He stabbed one of them with a pen before all three men ran away.
"I took the gun and knife away from them and shot at them."

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I wish the creeps who attacked him had been struck by lightning and vaporized as they ran away. Now that's the kind of Divine Intervention I wanna see!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When he later opened the book, some people might wonder what verse was indented by the tip of the bullet. I kinda think I'd check that out.

Gang initiation by killing someone is not new, OP. LA and NYC have used that tactic a lot in the past.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Could have just as easily been a copy of car buying values....that being said he was very fortunate they didn't aim at his head.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

aboutface

When he later opened the book, some people might wonder what verse was indented by the tip of the bullet. I kinda think I'd check that out.

Gang initiation by killing someone is not new, OP. LA and NYC have used that tactic a lot in the past.

I'm that kind of person... That's exactly what I would wonder... lol

"It's a sign... but what's the message?"
edit on 25-2-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

StallionDuck

aboutface

"Keep thy word close to your heart"..."literally".

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

StallionDuck

aboutface

"Keep thy word close to your heart"..."literally".

Best answer I could have had!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Gangbangers....means something different here.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

They make copies of "car buying values" in a pocket size? Sorry I'm not familiar with that publication.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Could have been the Koran, the Torah, the Book of Mormon, The Kama Sutra, Mein Kamf, a semester's worth of organic chemistry notes or even an atheist manifesto. Doesn't really matter what it was, it was fortunate that the shots landed where they did. The shooter had a pretty tight grouping that's for sure. What's not for sure is whether there was any divine intervention.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Update to this story:

The bus driver made it all up.

No black teens. No gang initiation. No 'bible stopping bullets.'

The police concluded the wounds were self inflicted, and the driver's story was fabricated.

Remember that bus driver whose Bible saved his life in racial attack? Looks like he made it up

A Dayton bus driver who claimed a Bible in his pocket saved his life after three black youths shot and stabbed him apparently made up the attack, reported the Dayton Daily News.

Rickey Wagoner told police Feb. 24 that he was repairing a mechanical malfunction early that morning outside his electric-powered bus when he was attacked by three teens who claimed they wanted to “shoot a polar bear” – which is street slang for a white person.

He told police one of the assailants urged another to kill the RTA driver if he wanted “to be all the way in the club,” and Wagoner said the teens were wearing dark blue bandanas that suggested gang affiliation.

However, police said Wednesday that Wagoner’s injuries were not consistent with defensive wounds – but were consistent with hesitation wounds, suggesting they were self-inflicted.

Surveillance cameras on the bus did not record any audio or video for the first five minutes Wagoner was off the bus, but the system recorded audio of several gunshots in the remaining 2 minutes and 20 seconds the driver was off the bus.

But police said the gunshots were in reverse order from what would be expected, based on Wagoner’s account.

Police found two bullets lodged in “The Message,” but investigators said it was “not credible” that the bullets could have been fired into the book without wounding Wagoner.

The only DNA found at the scene was from Wagoner, who police said did not sound out of breath when he drove away on the bus and called a dispatcher to report the shooting.

Police closed the case as "unfounded." Personally, people who make up false police reports especially fake claims of racial attacks should be charged. It's as bad as making fake claims of rape.

top topics

join