Thoughts on the Flood and Evolution.(Thanks to Flyers Fan)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

Are you talking about evolution? Evolution within 40 days?
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree with the second possibility far more than the first. I just figured I would give you both of the arguments I have seen.

Lets not take my sentence out of context. I am about to write a new post, and it will explain what I meant in more detail. THanks again man. You have brought up great arguments that have really taught me a lot about God believe it or not.

Hopefully you are going to wax on about how Noahs Ark is a metaphor for the idiot human to understand as a childrens fairytale as to what actually happened regarding evolution, the creation of lifeforms and how this all came about. I have to ask this again just because you failed to address any of my responses on another identical thread of your creation:

If Noah (being the great determiner of species to survive) why did he not save other human forms that existed during this time period (two by two).

Why would he (as a superior genetist), think his family alone could re-populate the earth, himself, a wife and what 2 sons?. Serious inbreeding problems involved here; as they just like the Adama and Eva would have inbred themselves out of existance.

Why does the Noah story mimick the Adam and Eve story regarding obvious famililal incestuousness. Cain and Able would have had to bed their own mother (eve) to have children. Did curly, moe, shep and hap have wives on the voyage, or mate with the sheep; producing a Scottish 'Dolly' human/sheep incubus?
edit on 28-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Nope he started another thread much like this one and didn't bother linking it. I think it is dead already though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The Bible only speaks of one family who tried to escape the flood (i.e. Noah). But in actuality, there were many families and groups out in the world at that time who were trying to escape. So, no there were no inbreeding, not in Noah's time nor Adam and Eve. In fact, not every place in the world were flooded. It just happened that the Bible only recorded that one example.

In case of Adam and Eve, the very first creations of humankind were 7 people total (these were the "perfect" humans, there were others who were not so perfect). Adam and Eve were not the only humans at that time. Again, it is not the fault of the Bible for not recording these things; it is the fault of people who have elected to remove such information.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

ctophil

The Bible only speaks of one family who tried to escape the flood (i.e. Noah). But in actuality, there were many families and groups out in the world at that time who were trying to escape. So, no there were no inbreeding, not in Noah's time nor Adam and Eve. In fact, not every place in the world were flooded. It just happened that the Bible only recorded that one example.

In case of Adam and Eve, the very first creations of humankind were 7 people total (these were the "perfect" humans, there were others who were not so perfect). Adam and Eve were not the only humans at that time. Again, it is not the fault of the Bible for not recording these things; it is the fault of people who have elected to remove such information.

Of course there were; 400,000 thousand years ago humans or the basis for genetic manipulation. I place all fault upon those that deliberately lie to us; we are not children anymore to be led as if domesticated animals. If in fact an Adam and Eve existed in perfection, why not let them continue in that state. Were they material humans or just architypes. The time of Christ, Mohammed, Buddha was the Piscean aeon, that of obedience and institutions; everything changes every 2000 years (perhaps religious dogma will disapate with the Aquarian).

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

That's not what scripture says

Genesis 6:5 - 10:32

7 The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.

13 Then God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.

17 "Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.

18 "But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall enter the ark--you and your sons and your wife, and your sons' wives with you.

Chapter 7

1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Enter the ark, you and all your household, for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time.

21 All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind;

22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died.

23 Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

and in the so-called covenant God clearly states that his intent was to destroy the world -

11 "I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth."

God clearly said he was going to destroy the Earth as well as everything on it. If the bible is the infallible word of God as you claim .. and everything is literal .. then God DESTROYED THE EARTH ... he didn't specially preserve the 80,000 year old trees; he didn't specially preserve the 100,000 year old coral reefs; he didn't specially preserve the Earths crust from being crushed under the weight of the water; he didnt' specially preserve the fish and sea creatures ... scripture clearly says GOD DESTROYED THE EARTH along with the humans. So your entire point about 'having faith in God ... that He can do anything ... so he could have preserved all those things' ... that's wrong. He didn't destroy everything and then magically cover his tracks so there would be no evidence of it. His intent, according to your myth, was to destroy everything.
edit on 3/1/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

ctophil
The Bible only speaks of one family who tried to escape the flood (i.e. Noah). But in actuality, there were many families and groups out in the world at that time who were trying to escape.

That's not what scripture says

Genesis 6:5 - 10:32

7 The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.

13 Then God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.

17 "Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.

18 "But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall enter the ark--you and your sons and your wife, and your sons' wives with you.

Chapter 7

1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Enter the ark, you and all your household, for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time.

21 All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind;

22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died.

23 Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

Scripture is dead wrong.
- There was no flood. The science proves it.
- Scripture states that only Noah and his family survived. That's genetically impossible.

edit on 3/1/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join