It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on the Flood and Evolution.(Thanks to Flyers Fan)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Oh my the mental gymnastics the religious must perform to try and reconcile reality to their "sacred texts" if there was a passage within them that said 2+2=5 they wouldn't question it instead they would find some way to justify it.

edit on 25-2-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Just because the answers were found apart from religion does not mean they cannot provide evidence for religious claims.

Where is the evidence, though? I see a reaching speculation that "god did it".

In a vacuum (the void before "god" spoke), there would be no sound, vibrations-- okay, sound-- no.
edit on 2/25/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Your speaking as though you absolutely know what was there before all was there.....can I see some proof?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

Chamberf=6

Just because the answers were found apart from religion does not mean they cannot provide evidence for religious claims.

In a vacuum (the void before "god" spoke), there would be no sound, vibrations-- okay, sound-- no.

Your speaking as though you absolutely know what was there before all was there.....can I see some proof?

Are you saying you can hear sound in a vacuum? Jump on up to space on a golden chariot and yell.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Do you believe in physics?

If you do then let me ask you how does a sound wave exist in a void?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Also if the Earth hadn't been formed in Gen. 1:2, then how could the spirit of god hover over the waters? The waters of what?

It also said that all was in darkness when the Earth was finally formed. so the planet came before the sun?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The problem is that humans rely too much on mainstream science. There are too many unknown factors to disprove anything. For example, we now know that electricity plays a larger role in the cosmos than the theory or relativity allows for. How would z-pinch from close passing comets effect the aging process and ratioactive decay. Can we prove that these patterns are a constant? No.

How do we know that the Earth is not hollow to some degree? Has anyone peeked their head in for a check? If the Flood waters came from below the crust as well, then what does that say? Perhaps the flood started the process of continental drift and plate tecktonics. Therefore, it is possible that mountain ranges became more prominent during and after the flood. Is it possible that the Flood caused the earth to swell in girth?

This geologist happens to think that continental drift is the result of a sudden axial shift rather than a long drawn out process:

www.axialshift.com...

What will you say about him? Are his ideas not scientific enough?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I happen to have enough IQ points to know when I am wasting my time!
It is always the same thing all the time...That is why I don't post much
here anymore!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

ServantOfTheLamb

Chamberf=6

Are you saying you can hear sound in a vacuum? Jump on up to space on a golden chariot and yell.

What is a vacuum?

vac·u·um
ˈvakˌyo͞o(ə)m,-yəm/
noun
noun: vacuum; plural noun: vacua; plural noun: vacuums

a space entirely devoid of matter.

So what your telling me is that space existed before the BB. Show me evidence.

What is space?

space
spās/
noun
noun: space

a continuous area or expanse that is free, available, or unoccupied.

the dimensions of height, depth, and width within which all things exist and move.

Lets note that the second definition defines space as the dimensions of height, depth, and width within which all things exist and move. You need to be able to show me that these dimensions even existed to prove that there was a vacuum. I personally believe that before the BB was a state of nonexistence.

I believe it was Lawrence Krauss who said that "before the big bang all that existed is what rocks dream about." Rocks cannot dream of 3 dimensional space. So no, I am not saying you can hear sound in a vacuum. I am saying show me that 3 dimensional space void of matter existed before the first Planck time.
edit on 25-2-2014 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
Also if the Earth hadn't been formed in Gen. 1:2, then how could the spirit of god hover over the waters? The waters of what?

It also said that all was in darkness when the Earth was finally formed. so the planet came before the sun?

The earth was restored in 6 days, not created. God created the universe, then earth became desolate and god restored the earth in 6 days.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

The Bible says that the dams of the deep burst forth. I think there is a lot of groundwater. Heck, just the Great Lakes has enough water to put the continental U.S. under ten feet of water.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

This geologist happens to think that continental drift is the result of a sudden axial shift rather than a long drawn out process: www.axialshift.com... What will you say about him? Are his ideas not scientific enough?

W?here does he mention the flood or the earth "swelling in girth"?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

Chamberf=6

The earth was restored in 6 days, not created. God created the universe, then earth became desolate and god restored the earth in 6 days.

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Where does it mention "restored"? The book says created.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

When these verses are read in the original language a gap of time between the two verses implied. So, "God created the heavens and the earth..." something the text doesn't tell us occurs, and then"...the Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

What you are reading there is the re-creation of the Earth after that event.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This has all been gone over many times before. Science says NOPE.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

When these verses are read in the original language a gap of time between the two verses implied. So, "God created the heavens and the earth..." something the text doesn't tell us occurs, and then"...the Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

So in that implied gap, it's ok to just speculate about this "gap" and then tell others "Something happened and so the Earth had to be restored, but it doesn't say that. You just have to fill in the blanks and gaps of god's word". ??

Says who? Not this word of god book.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Grimpachi

That's a good choice of a post to point to.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

So in that implied gap, it's ok to just speculate about this "gap" and then tell others "Something happened and so the Earth had to be restored, but it doesn't say that. You just have to fill in the blanks and gaps of god's word". ??

Says who? Not this word of god book.

Its not that I am speculating. The language implies that whatever happened is what made the Earth into its state in Genesis 1:2

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

Grimpachi

That's a good choice of a post to point to.

Please note, at not one point in his interpretation did he refer to the original language.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Like I said the mental gymnastics that must be performed are a feat unto themselves. Once you get to the part where a guy lived inside a fish then it is an entirely different level of cognitive dissonance.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Like I said the mental gymnastics that must be performed are a feat unto themselves. Once you get to the part where a guy lived inside a fish then it is an entirely different level of cognitive dissonance.

Lol you call deeper research mental gymnastics....

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join