It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost the year anniversary of something very important on ATS.....thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If I am not mistaken, coming soon is the anniversary of the "DREADED" changes in the format of the Above Top Secret format. I don't recall the exact date, but I do recall quite the fervor over these said changes. I was just starting this account and had been getting used to the old way when the proverbial (you know what) hit the fan. I admit I was not exuberant in my acceptance at the time. I did think they would run off many of the older members (some I said good riddance), but I was curious to see how the threads materialized under the new format.

So, what do you think now? Me I have grown to like it as I have learned to use it. The threads suffered at first, but I feel they have rebounded nicely.

Congrats ATS, I think you succeeded in creating a better format!

Soul

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Like everything just fine. Except the smiley's.
They are still awful.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I like it more this way, and I've slowly gotten used to the smilies too. Though sometimes I still wish they could convey more emotions. But all in all I like it.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If you mean a six-month anniversary, then it is indeed getting close. Here's a thread about using the new system. Notice the date.
edit on 25-2-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Been more changes around here since I joined than I could possibly remember. If I had to think to one worth celebrating,it was the merging of ATS with BTS. Used to have to log into each seperately,or have two tabs open. Been icing on the cake since that day.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Seems like it has been longer....I seem to remember there was a trial run first to iron out the kinks, but when they officially changed over was not the date on that thread...I could be mistaken, but I don't think so...perhaps one of the moderators or site owners could clarify....what the actual date was, I just remember I was just getting started so ...i don't know maybe you are right....for some reason i was thinking my beginning date was in april....maybe the reason i am confused is i was a lurker first for sometime....either way it has been some time since they changed it and perhaps my title should be different....I should have just asked "Now that you have had time to get acclimated to the NEW ATS format, what do you think of it?"

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Now you see I wasn't around here before 2011. I am sure there have been many more changes for those of you that are veterans...what do you think of the new format though? Compared to yesteryear?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I love the new format. User friendly. Easy as pie to navigate.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Well the emoticoms are hardly that important, but I understand. The old ones were outdated though. At least these have more of a modern feel to them and are in the color scheme somewhat...lol! Sure took some getting used to though huh?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

A veteran would have a better grasp. Thanks. I agree. Any time there is something new it takes getting used to it. Heck, I have always been slow to use new technology even. I was using 8 track tapes when they came out with cell phones. I didn't even know what the internet was for 10 years. I was stuck in some kind of time portal from the 70's!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
would like it a helluva lot better if i coild upload a pic or any pic to threads. can't figure it out.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well cheer up!
Feel free to create your own smileys and share them with us.
Just messing with you a bit. But hey, tell me this how long have you been coming here? And is there anything specific about the new format that you like especially?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thishereguy

That is actually very simple....at the top of the menu there is a little arrow for a drop down menu...when you click on it you will see an upload button...click on it and it takes you to a screen click on the upload picture on the left and it will ask you to select a file...when you do that your folders with pictures will show up and as long as you have them formatted right you can keep selecting as many pictures as you want individually and then when you are done select the upload feature again...then whatever picture you have click on it and it gives you options on which way to present them...you have to be sure and save them to one of the ats files they provide ...takes a little practice but it is simple once you get the hang of it....I suggest opening a thread and practicing, just delete it instead....I will try to help you anytime, although I am sure there are others better equipped to do so. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I bet there is a tutorial somewhere in the archives, just do a search for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

thanks for your help, but i already have pics in the ats library. it's just trying to upload these to threads. i click the button to upload to a thread and nothing but a white/black box pops up and nothing else. tried dragging and dropping in the box and copy/paste the file number , still an't upload. so anyways, .... i just give up and live with it, lol. but, thanks for trying.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If the pictures you have are from the old archives I am not sure they can be used....but hey if you are not interested in learning it the phrase...."you can lead a horse to water...." comes to mind. You are welcome.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

soulpowertothendegree

If the pictures you have are from the old archives I am not sure they can be used....but hey if you are not interested in learning it the phrase...."you can lead a horse to water...." comes to mind. You are welcome.

lmao, love the leading a horse to water response. yeah , i reuploaded my pics after the change over. have used 3 different browsers omly to get same results. there is a tutorial here somewhere that i followed but nothing works. i just figure its 'cause i'm onXP and it won't let me. i know that dosen't make sense but that's all i can figure in my mind as to why i can't upload a pic to a thread like everyone else. either that or conspiracy against me ?LMAO
have a great day!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I have XP too. I can only upload pics and read my private messages using the firefox browser.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

And how do you feel about the changes...obviously this post had a subject....you are a veteran from the looks of things, so you would have some idea what to compare it to?

join