It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about "drug" related threads.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I was trying to determine ATS' current policy on drug related threads.

I found the following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you feel the need to call out the corruption of the "War on Drugs", accurately define the benefits of Hemp, etc... Please utilize one of the many sites created for those purposes, I am confident they will appreciate your support.

After doing a search, I found quite a few threads dealing with drugs and the "war on drugs", one was actually very recent but the search function is no longer time specific.

The thread I wanted to create was more "war on drug" related. Its regarding a new Bill being introduced but the policy as mentioned above seems to be really strict so I'm a little confused.

edit on 25-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It's going to get deleted if you make it. I've already gone through this song and dance with the mods. This seems to be one of the only issues that ATS doesn't let the users Deny Ignorance on.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Well, Im not complaining just wondering if the policy hasnt changed slightly because there are so many threads regarding the war on drugs.

At the bottom of the policy thread there is final release update but when you click on it, its 404ed.

But I'm gathering that its ok as long as no one is advocating personal use?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

If you could send me the links, I'd be more than happy to remove those threads for you.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I could send you the links but I'm not as interested in getting the threads banned as I am in understanding ATS' policy, if I'm missing something or learning whether theres been a change in policy.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

There's no change in policy regarding the legalization of drugs.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I'm a little confused.

Don't be confused. No illegal drug talk on ATS. I'm in WA but until the FEDS change the rules there is no drug talk allowed.

There are a few reasons for this. The first being that people that want to talk about drugs are incredibly annoying, the second that this site maintains a certain rating with advertisers for not talking about drugs, using naughty language etc. This is a business for the site owners FIRST and awesome for the rest of us second.

If you want to talk about illegal drugs there are a million places to do so. I'd rather not see ATS turn into a site where every other thread is whining about legalization even if I agree with it.

ATS makes it's money off of ads. We don't have to pay for the site. Companies that advertise here don't want to be associated with drugs, foul language, etc. It's more a business decision than anything else. The site would get fewer ads, which means revenue, if it weren't so family friendly.

It's incredibly amusing what we find family friendly, police beatings, war footage etc. is fine. Don't show a naked woman, don't use coarse language and don't talk about drugs. It's not the fault of the site owners, but a fault of the general population.

Everyone forgets this site is a business. It's CLEARLY not a passion or interest to the site owners. They barely post. It's a sweet deal for both parties, they built an awesome site, and we get to use it for free. They get paid well for running it. Illicit content brings down the ability to advertise, and with that downgrade comes a lack of giving a poo, ultimately resulting in the site being abandoned. Then we would all have to go to the horror that is GLP.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

This thread may help clarify any confusion.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm still confused but I'd rather keep my ATS account so I think I'm just gonna move on.

FINAL TOPIC UPDATE: PLEASE READ
The New ATS Policy on Drug-Related Topics.
1- New Forum
2- 200 Post Minimum
3- Absolutely no personal use discussion
4- Instant ban for discussing personal use
Everyone have a great day!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

That does help.

I think that the topic I was going to discuss would probably have been fine but I dont really want to take a chance.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
An Edit to my former post.
Best I just leave it to the mods to talk about and explain to you.

Removed my thoughts and input to this thread.

edit on 5514491225 by zysin5 because: Edited!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

This is the policy.....bending and being clever with your word choices won't work:

What is not allowed :

- general drug-related discussion

- information related to drug legalization

- pharmaceutical issues or conspiracies

- hemp use advocacy

- discussion of existing or proposed drug laws

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

This is the policy.....bending and being clever with your word choices won't work:

The mods are too old to understand our lingo. When I drove to the store today, I TOTALLY checked my blind spot (twice son). Merged in so good. Hit my blinker, turned right and parked in front of the grocery store. Walked in all swamalonadingdongfrenchcheddar. No one even knew. Bought a cow, and brought her back to my bizzuggy (I'm Amish, don't hate).

I didn't even have my reflective triangle while I was buying moo juice. F___ the POLICE!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Making assumptions may not be a wise choice.
Some of the staff here are younger than you think

Abide by the T&C.....being straight about what you post is the best plan.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

- pharmaceutical issues or conspiracies

So I couldn't start a thread about how a doctor prescribed a pharma drug to me and I took it according to prescription and then got side affects that made me sterile? Especially if there was a whistleblower that said that the big pharma company had known that the specific side effect existed, but covered it up?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

masqua
reply to post by butcherguy

There's a forum for medical conspiracies

Ahhh, You are correct.

I thought that the list that DTOM posted was site-wide.....

But by clicking the link, I see that his list only pertains to the Posse Comitatus Forum.

(post by MikhailBakunin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sorry, dont want to drag this on longer than needed, but Im curious about something. Can people discuss Beer for instance, as a legal drug? And if so, would people in states that have legalised a certain plant recently, be able to discuss it, as it is no different than beer in the eyes of the law in that state? Certainly seems to be a bit of a grey area with regards to the rules. Unless its an all out ban on drug talk regardless of legality, in which case nigh on every thread would be banned due to people talking about drinking too much coffee, or need another coffee etc.
Anyway, Im not a thread maker, so not too fussed on the ins and outs, just curious as to the grey area mentioned.
Peas

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

Great Criminy!

They are liable to ban you for that..... or at least make that post disappear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join