It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story: Through the eyes of two boys.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
While growing up I was fascinated with the unknown, the paranormal, and of course UFO's and aliens from space.
Every speech and project I completed in elementary school involved something to do with big foot, or aliens, every book I took out of a library had to do with something along the lines of the paranormal. My favorite T.V show was of course X-files!

When I was about 10 a group of my friends and myself had this little 'alien' club, we would go out into a green space behind my friends house and we would research the area, looking for evidence of a close encounter. We thought we had found stuff throughout the years, but eventually we just kinda grew out of it.
We had built a baseball diamond in the green space and one night a buddy and me stayed out till dark just practicing out pitches, we had a typical 'kid' moment you know, ending the day in a grassy field, laying down looking up at the clear night sky. We were trying to see constellations and make up our own, after a while we just sorta kept quite for a bit and then finally he asked "did you see that?" meanwhile, I was thinking "should I ask him if he saw that?" and I instantly replied with something along the lines of "yea I did..." I asked him to explain it to me and he told me. But while he was explaining it to me, I got a chill down my spine like I was being watched, and to this day I still have that eerie feeling.
We both got up and went home. And we never really talked about it again. But we both saw the exact the same thing in the night sky!

So. What did we see? Well, it's hard to explain, it started off looking like a satellite going across the sky, but took 'detours' in the sky, making sharp turns in direction, four times before heading off in the OPPOSITE direction it came from, and it was getting brighter and brighter as it progressed in it's pattern, until it just disappeared.
It was pretty shocking.

Now the thing that got us was. We were both in our early teens, 12- 14. And we had both grown out of the whole 'lets go chase UFOs" phase, actually we both talked about how we don't even believe in them anymore.
Well... until that night.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wow very cool story... So have you had any experiences since then?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

How long ago was this? It is certainly an interesting story regardless, but memories from many years ago can be untrustworthy.

Ps. X files are my favorite show too

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

Wow, sounds EXACTLY like me growing up!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Kimberling234
Wow very cool story... So have you had any experiences since then?

It was the only one that I could never really explain.
I've seen strange things in the sky which I can technically label as a 'UFO' but never on a scale such as this. This seemed different and it has sunk into my mind as one of my top memories of me growing up. I just wish cell phone technology was as good as it is now back then.

It happened roughly 13 years ago. I think I was about 13 or 14 at the time.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

There is a thing called autokinesis to consider when viewing any sort of light in the sky against a dark background with no reference points. Applies equally to stationary or moving ones.

Autokinetic effect

top topics

join