It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member, old reader :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hello! I've been reading ATS for a number of years now and was trying to remember when I first started frequenting this site but I couldn't. It's been about 3-4 years though so I finally decided it's about time I stopped lurking in the shadows and actually introduce myself around here.

I consider myself to be a bit of a skeptical believer. I've always thought there was more to this reality we live in than what we are aware of or are led to believe but I'm also the type that needs to see and analyze everything logically for myself before I really believe anything. I'm a bit of an information junkie and my interests range anywhere from the paranormal to the metaphysical, from survivalism to cryptozoology, naturalism, spirituality and pretty much everything in between. Over the years I've also come to be a fairly big truther when it comes to the MSM and the sheer volume of misinformation and outright fallacies they put out there to keep everyone distracted and disinterested.

You probably wont ever see me accumulate a huge post count as I tend not to post on topics unless I feel I actually have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion. Now that I've finally made myself an account here however, you may just see me pop in from time to time to add a couple cents worth of insight here and there if I feel the need.

In closing, I'd like to thank ATS and those who run it for providing this bastion of free information and for continuing to give all us truthers and questioners out there a forum to hash out our thoughts, ideas and experiences. Unfortunately in this day and age, resources like this are becoming fewer and farther between so it definitely makes you appreciate sites like this all the more.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonder

Welcome to ATS Sonder and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at all those annoying ads anymore.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonder

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonder

Welcome. C'mon in. Soups on....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonder

Welcome to ATS Sonder! Glad you're here.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes! I've been meaning to make an introductory thread for a little while now as there's been a number of topics I wanted to chime in on but I always felt a little weird just jumping right in to posting without at least saying hi first. So with that in mind, this is me officially (finally) saying hi!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonder

Welcome old Sonder! You got an excellent start on that profile "Location: The Desert of the Real".

At first I was gonna give you this matrix as a warming gift. But then, I figured, you already had one!

Are you into the matrix? If so, keep an eye on the philosophical and the gray area and the skunk works. There have been many, many matrix threads since I have been here. It goes in cycles. You might see one tomorrow or next week or next month. And next month there will be three or four matrix threads.

Any way, don't be a creepy lurker! Best regards,

SayonaraJupiter

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Thanks for that one! I thought there might be some around here who'd pick up on that reference. The Matrix tweaked my mind pretty good when it first came out and I've been a fan of it since.. though I'll admit I've always been a bit of a sci-fi geek in general so that may have had something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Heya Sonder!

It sounds like you're already familiar with much of this, but here ya go just the same.

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Remember, Above All, Have Fun!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonder

ATS is a great place for the survivalist. Many,many great threads and good MOD,s in that forum. So many good ideas on ATS.

Hope to see you posting some of your favorite gear.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Sonder
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Thanks for that one! I thought there might be some around here who'd pick up on that reference. The Matrix tweaked my mind pretty good when it first came out and I've been a fan of it since.. though I'll admit I've always been a bit of a sci-fi geek in general so that may have had something to do with it.

My location "Location: Top floor of the Desert Inn".
Good luck finding what you are looking for.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hails and Welcome, im like you, I'm not much of a topic starter, im more of a comenter!, but when ive think of a worthy subject/topic, I shall stride forward and spout wisdom!. star and flag to you!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Welcome aboard sonder, I to am a lurker even still, I have been around for over 10years, I remember trawling A.T.S. years ago looking at specs of top secret planes and the like, now like you I love a good read and to let my imagination run wild to the thoughts of others ideas!

Glad to have you here with us 😉

Star and flag from me!
edit on 25/2/14 by scottie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
MAY I FORMALY WELCOME YOU TO THE LOONEY BIN!!!!! I look forward to future posts
welcome to our family

new topics

top topics

join