It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look, is it a plane? UFO in NZ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LoopyLou

If it's a helo it won't have ADS-B so it won't show up in the ACARS log, but passenger jets do.

Regarding flying that low, I'll have to check the charts for Auckland to see exactly how low you'd be but you would generally be low because you fly in low then swing around in a 180 to be head on with runway 5 then land.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

LoopyLou
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

*Face palm* perhaps you should find out what UFO stands for and keep repeating it to yourself until you understand. OP is merely trying to point out unusual objects and asking opinions on what they could be.
Here's something to try... Stay out of the UFO forum if it annoys you so much, as I stay out of forums that annoy me.
Easy AS ;0)

Point taken, but what do you expect to get from pictures that provide pretty much no detail. Is it a bird is it a plane, spec of dust on lenses, superman, a bug .. All of these could be the correct answer. But it turns out to be a plane going into Auckland. It's something that could be easily identified by a little more research. For example I live on the approach path for heathrow airport. I see many lights in the sky some look odd some don't. However because I'm aware of aircraft flying into heathrow I don't go posting videos or pics of bright lights claiming to be a UFO. If I see something that looks out of place I use flight radar 24 app to at least cross out the possibility of it being an aircraft. In the OP situation I would of first seen if there is an airport near by then I'd search for a plane tracking site and see if it was a plane that was spotted on camera or not.

Even if somebody doesn't know about plane tracking sites if you really wanted to research what you may of seen in the sky a simple google search would provide you with results for plane tracking sites. I don't dislike the UFO forum but I do get a little fed up when things are posted and then it comes down to being something completely legitimate. My point is sometimes users need to dig a little deeper before posting things

But hey who am I to say what to do. I'll keep my mouth shut next time

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Exactly right! If people did a little research before putting pics of 'UFO's' on the net there would be a significant amount less.

The first time I saw a UFO, I was thinking wtf at the time but I did a bit of research and looked on the Heavens Above website and found out it was the ISS.

A little research goes a long way.

edit on 26-2-2014 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

Exactly right! If people did a little research before putting pics of 'UFO's' on the net there would be a significant amount less.

The first time I saw a UFO, I was thinking wtf at the time but I did a bit of research and looked on the Heavens Above website and found out it was the ISS.

A little research goes a long way.

Exactly my point. I do understand some people may not know what to search for and what not I was the same before I joined this site. Thanks to reading other posts and speaking to users I was able to search for the right information as such. I do like aviation and often looking in the sky. Thanks to flight radar 24 I can now 99% of the time identify what's up above me. I would say though as others said studying webcam stills doesn't help especially if you don't know the area you are viewing pics from. If I was to take a pic or aircraft stacking over heathrow of a night with all their nav lights on, someone who didn't know what they are looking at and would probably suggest they were UFOs. Although my comments may of seemed rude I credit the OP for trying and for being observant

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

They should make a sticky on this forum for tracking aircraft using flight radar etc.

Id be more than happy to make one on aircraft tracking to help others identify what they have seen, another one to include would be star maps and satellite tracking. Using these tools would probably identify about 80% of UFO cases on here.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

I've considered doing something similar but my knowledge of some air craft isn't that good. For example I can use FR24 and use the option to view a picture of the aircraft but some aircraft I have spotted does not supply a picture, departure/arrival destinations, airline/company they work for. At the minute I find it hard to research an aircraft just using the aircraft number (sorry can't think of the proper name)

I often see strange aircraft leaving strange route patterns, compared to the normal air traffic I get in my area, but FR24 doesn't supply me with enough detail to help me identify the aircraft. And some aircraft don't even appear on FR24 (probably military). Sorry I know we have gone off topic a bit here. May drop Zaph a message about creating a thread like you said maybe titled something like 'odd flight radar aircraft' and supply pics of it's routes and aircraft details. Considering you mentioned about creating it I won't steal your idea and presides I believe you may have more of an idea on aviation that I do, if you do create it I'll be more than welcome to add my own input.

Again sorry people for going off topic slightly.

edit on 26-2-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Grammar check .. Stupid iPhone

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It's fine if you wanna do it, i can help you out if you need me to aswell? Gariac could be a lot of help doing this aswell.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Hmm to be fair I'm not good at making threads and keeping on top of them. Plus I'm a bit dumb when it comes to searching for the right information. I do have a few screen shots on my phone of some aircraft and their routes which I found odd. Maybe drop Zaph and gariac a message see what they think

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

Hmm to be fair I'm not good at making threads and keeping on top of them. Plus I'm a bit dumb when it comes to searching for the right information. I do have a few screen shots on my phone of some aircraft and their routes which I found odd. Maybe drop Zaph and gariac a message see what they think

Use planefinder it can even produces a almost live feed of the aircraft over Google Earth.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

My flight radar 24 app on my phone does this too. If I get a chance over the weekend I may attempt (if no one else does) at making a thread and also I'll find out the best way to go about it and what forum to do it in. So sorry again for diverting the subject of this thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join