It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look, is it a plane? UFO in NZ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So I was looking through a webcam website that captures footage throughout the day all across the beautiful country of New Zealand, while I was looking through I noticed a couple of things in the sky that stood out to me, so having nothing else to do I thought I would come here to see if you guys are seeing what I am seeing.

Firstly, here is the link, the images will change every 24 hours so take a look now:

www.takeabreak.co.nz...

In the sky at 5:41pm

looks almost like a classic disc UFO

from earlier on the same day:

I apologize for the picture quality. Any thoughts?

www.takeabreak.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Webcams tend to be the worst cameras for recording UFO type stuff, they show up things that aren't really there, and you get a lot of artifacts in the recordings.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
While i'm inclined to question those pictures, my Aunt and Uncle who are total atheists and rubbish this sort of thing swear black and blue they saw a ufo going in over Tauranga and dive into the harbor last year.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Actually now that I've looked at it properly, that is actually a common flight path coming into Auckland, I could try and dig up some old photos of mine flying into Auckland that are pretty much the opposite of this, so you'd have my picture taken from roughly where the 'UFO' would be.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Absolutely you should be apologizing for the picture quality.Mind you, imagine if we ever got a clear up close photo of a UFO ???? It will never happen... Anyone know why ??? The answer if very simple.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

I made this for you, your webcam would be in the CBD facing towards the flight path planes take when flying into NZAA (Auckland Airport)

It shouldn't be too hard to find out which plane it was flying either since you have an exact time the picture was taken.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The object does look disk shaped, and the blurring is consistent with the buildings that it is above, so I would say it is a real object there. Plus it appears to be close to 30-40 feet in diameter just from looking at it comparing it to the scale of the building below.

If anyone saw it moving fast or faster than a balloon could go, then it very well could be a genuine unknown object. Unless there is more data, it would be impossible to know if it is a true unknown or just a Mylar balloon. But it doesn't appear to be a balloon from just casual observation of this image, but definitely could be.

Those balloons are not usually near the size that this one appears to be.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Except they don't generally let balloons go up where there's planes flying through the area..

What happens here is that the webcams aperture is too small to make out fine details on objects far away from it, so it has a tendency to turn them into blobs.

In my post above I showed the flight path into Auckland is pretty much exactly where this object was seen.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
*face palm* OP I don't want to sound rude but what was you hoping to get from these pictures. Even if it wasn't a flight path for aircraft there is hardly any detail in the picture, what you are asking us to look at is so tiny it's impossible to tell what we could of been looking at. I mean credit to you for trying probably done better than me at looking at these things but come on .. What would you think if someone posted these pictures and asked if they were UFOs. I'm sorry im kind of fed up on here especially the UFO forum it's either tiny dots or tiny lights
edit on 25-2-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

Edit: I want to again apologise if this reply sounded rude, I've re read what I wrote and I sound rude. Please don't take it the wrong way you could say I woke up on the wrong side of someone else's bed this morning. Keep up the good work at looking out for these things one day we will get solid proof .. I hope
edit on 25-2-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text .. Felt mean

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

First one most likely a plane due to info given by other members, second looks like a bird banking so you see the wings but to be honest you will never get anything worthwhile from a webcam.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

alienreality
The object does look disk shaped, and the blurring is consistent with the buildings that it is above, so I would say it is a real object there. Plus it appears to be close to 30-40 feet in diameter just from looking at it comparing it to the scale of the building below.

If anyone saw it moving fast or faster than a balloon could go, then it very well could be a genuine unknown object. Unless there is more data, it would be impossible to know if it is a true unknown or just a Mylar balloon. But it doesn't appear to be a balloon from just casual observation of this image, but definitely could be.

Those balloons are not usually near the size that this one appears to be.

I do like when people make claims like yours above, you don't have enough information to work out a size it really is that simple, is that a small object close to the camera or a large object much further away than the buildings you don't know you cant tell so your size estimate means absolutely nothing.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The last picture (which doesn't show a similar object to the first one) appears to show a seagull, fairly close to the camera, if you ask me.
edit on 25-2-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The flight path is in that general direction but it's not over the CBD its further back so that plane would be huge . It also appears to be too low To be a plane going for landing, the airport is still a bit away.
The second image is most likely a helicopter , the hospital is in that direction .
No idea what it was but sure looks interesting , there are a lot of UFOs in this area

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

*Face palm* perhaps you should find out what UFO stands for and keep repeating it to yourself until you understand. OP is merely trying to point out unusual objects and asking opinions on what they could be.
Here's something to try... Stay out of the UFO forum if it annoys you so much, as I stay out of forums that annoy me.
Easy AS ;0)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LoopyLou

Usually webcams are terrible for UFO pics, in this case I did work out it was a plane but only because I knew the place.

You can't people to stay out just because they have a different opinion to you, I'm sure he knows what a UFO is..

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Agreed its a terrible pic to prove anything , no one will ever prove anything (ET) with one image. Even if that image appears as clear as day.
Correct me if I'm wrong I thinking that a UFO forum may include UNIDENTIFIED flying objects In order to identify them?

For someone to *face palm* to imply how ludicrous the OP was in thinking of posting a UFO in the UFO forum is what got to me ,even if the image is terrible and they appear to be dots or specks. For those in the know, dots and specks on an image appeared very different to the naked eye.

Differing opinions are just fine with me so long as the one giving their opinion remembers it's just that.... An OPINION not fact.
If something annoys you do you keep going back for more or do you move on to contribute something constructive elsewhere? It would be the same for me to go over to the religious or Bigfoot forums and chime in with the rest about how ludicrous they are. I don't though, they can believe whatever they want , as can we. This applies to the majority of skeptics/non believers who frequent the UFO forums, we as believers are so ridiculous please move along so we can be ridiculous in peace, trust me when I say we are not blind to what people opinions of us are. It gets a bit old though.

I see how you have decided its a plane, and it could very well be, it seems to be the logical answer if you are not familiar with the area, but be honest , it's just an educated guess?
I would say it's NOT a plane (opinion), why? Because I KNOW the area NOW, I can go to the top of the hill and see the area in the pic, albeit 20 Km away. The flight path is in that direction but FURTHER back not over the CBD which is where that object appears to be. I work in that area. The hospital is there, helicopters fly over and land frequently , never once seen a plane over the CBD. Could It be a big ass balloon? Sure I guess, but that would have caused chaos to the airspace for the helicopters which would have reached news.
It seems at the time given I was at a vantage which would have allowed me to see said object, blinds were closed
My guess would be both are helicopters on this occasion.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I think the face palm was about people going I saw a dot in the sky on my camera therefore aliens..

What people see with the naked eye may have been different but in this case the OP didn't see it with his eyes only on the webcam.

Yes I have just gone with a plane because that's what it is, I'll grab the ACARS log tonight and tell you exactly which one

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Is it a UFO or a full stop .

Here, let me zoom in on that and enhance it for you:

NOW TEH HYPE

Methinks you have too much time on yer hands. Take up a hobby! Feed some ducks. Enjoy the stars. Look for UFOs in the sky

You don't need to prove anything to us or try and prove anything to anyone with a grainy full stop of a UFO sighting. Least of all to need to prove that to yourself.

The best evidence is the evidence you won't be posting up here about, because it'll be personal.

No doubt strangeness does occur in NZ. I just don't see how anyone can analyze anything that's less than 3 pixels in size. Or why they would want to. Still, I probably would have a few years ago.

The mystery of the _ in a webcam image solved! It's extraterrestrial motherships getting lost trying to find the sets of Lord of the Rings.
edit on 25-2-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

When you check your logs can you let me know if the same flight passes over everyday? I'll go up and see if I can see it , if it's in the next three hours.

Having a look at the webcam site the view says it's from January 17 so I'm a bit confused as to where that image came from or if in fact it was from yesterday

Other than stating that it LOOKS LIKE a classic disc ufo (which it does) he never mentioned aliens, he just wanted to know opinions of others on the object, not the opinions on how UFO forums are irritating due to posts like these.
It's others who jump to conclusions by thinking when we say UFO we MEAN aliens.
Anyway Said person got irritated which in turn got me irritated. Moving on!
I'm genuinely curious now as to if it's a plane or helicopter so if you find out that info and let me know I can try verify, I will eat some humble pie if I see a commercial plane flying over auckland at such a low altitude ;0)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The real problem is YOU cant tell were the object is it could be miles in the background of the buildings.

It's the same when people post a guess of speed of an object from videos on here or as one poster has done a guess of the size of the object when you don't have enough information to calculate that, so with all due respect believers are just as bad!

I am a sceptic of ufo's ie ALIENS visiting here but not of them being out there somewhere.
edit on 26-2-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join