It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Given time, items like the Google glasses will be normal as a cellphone.

Record to yer cloud, the bad elements on the force would be weeded out eventually.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Why do I think the unions will have something to say about this.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well interestingly enough, the same people that are crying about this are the same ones that cry about having their privacy invaded by the same cameras. You can't have it both ways. Oh and by the way, all the video surveillance and camera footage can be manipulated, so don't think for one minute this would solve the problem, it won't. How about this for a solution, try not to be a criminal and the police won't have a reason to mess with you. That is not to say that their are not instances where innocent people get caught in bad situations, but I bet more times than not they were guilty of something they were never caught doing.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You do confuse me because in one statement you said the police have at one time saved your ass, and then in another you say you will not trust any officer in your America.

However, I do understand that it is human nature to be suspicious, and really it is a self preservation tactic. That being said if you feel it is okay to distrust an officer without knowing them, then you should not have an issue with an officer automatically distrusting or being suspicious of you. Fair is fair right?

That being said as an active police officer I stand behind the idea that it should be a requirement that all police officers wear body mounted cameras.

I have actually been saying this at my department for a couple years now, and I am happy to report that last week in a meeting I saw the topic written on the administration board as the top thing to discuss/consider.

Maybe my constant badgering of the higher ups finally paid off! I will let you guys know!
edit on 25-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Bravo, very well said.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by Helious

Well interestingly enough, the same people that are crying about this are the same ones that cry about having their privacy invaded by the same cameras. You can't have it both ways. Oh and by the way, all the video surveillance and camera footage can be manipulated, so don't think for one minute this would solve the problem, it won't. How about this for a solution, try not to be a criminal and the police won't have a reason to mess with you. That is not to say that their are not instances where innocent people get caught in bad situations, but I bet more times than not they were guilty of something they were never caught doing.

I didn't see him say this thread was about how bad having cameras everywhere was.
In fact he was asking for more cameras it seemed, so that's clearly a fallacy on your part.

Just because video can be manipulated doesn't mean we should abandon all forms of video evidence.

'Not to say there aren't innocents getting locked up'?
He wrote the thread to suggest that innocents were getting locked up
and the solution was to increase video cameras. Which seems rather logical.

What do you really mean by all this?
That you are against the suggestion?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Helious, Great Post! I fully agree with YoU!
Torquey. Please do give us a report on the status of your department getting, or not getting the Body Cameras. We will be looking for an update. Thanx, Syx.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Sir I agree with you %100...I live in a town (next to Sandy Hook0) delt wit that horror.
Thanks God we never had a problem with our Police till yesterday.

My daughter stopped by .. she is 19 and is at the University of New Haven in Connecticut, the number one school in the country for criminal justice and forensic science .
She is a LT. in the Police explorers. She told us we have to have are meeting outside of the police station with out uniforms ... she said something is going down big time with one of their advisors and could not say anything till it hit the press.

Well today it did, OH MY GOD, I know you are not guilty till you go to court but my daughter says it does not look good,
it was because of this program being top cadet 2 years ago out 750 cadets in the Tri-State area her grades me as a Fire fighter as a single dad to bring her up as a leader...and she is!
She got $35,000.00 scholarship at U.N.H.... she wants to be a cop, then a attorney.

We are all upset we hope the program can go on as she is to be Captain next year. OK here's the news and to me it sucks.

www.nbcconnecticut.com...

Link with the charges

wtnh.com...

edit on 25-2-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

Final comment ...I am sick to my stomach.
edit on 25-2-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I agree they should wear body cameras. Stats have shown it does cut down on officer involved conflict. The problem is the police should not be the ones that watch the on patrol officers. They should be "policed" by and outside agency that has no dealings one way or the other (perp or cop). Can't have the police policeing themselves, they have proven time and again that don't work. Also the individual cop wearing the cam should never know if the cam is even on or the audio is even recording. I would go as far as hidden cams in the crusier's as well. Trust we have the tech, and most police depts can come up with the cash...just sell them amoured personnell carriers they all seem to have purchased.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join