It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

I have no desire to bash the American police force as whole because I hate painting things with a broad brush because in my own personal experience I have met officers that were pure evil and others that quite literally, saved my ass. I refuse to lump all cops into the same wagon but I have to say one thing.

Every officer and I mean every officer on duty should wear body cameras. No officer testimony should be considered in court unless it can be backed up with video evidence. We live in a society where street lamps eavesdrop on you, it can't be that hard or expensive. Even if it is, suck it up.

Too many times now have we seen the depraved behavior, the narcissistic view of if you think you can get away with it, just do it. Better a hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man is locked up. Police in this mans America can not, should not and will not be trusted. It's time to put an end to the lies, the misdeeds and the tyranny.

No video evidence of resist? No video evidence of obstruction? No video evidence of why a person is black and blue? Law suites, dropped charges and charges. Make an arrest? Have video of it, from start to finish. If the NSA can afford to do what it is doing, so can the cops.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Profoundly right on the money sir. Absolutely a necessity or throw the cases out! Make LE accountable. Helious...great point.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

They should learn from ATS:
Pics or there's no case.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Bravo!!! My thoughts exactly

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I absolutely 100% agree.
Why not outfit them with some type of Google glasses?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by Helious

Profoundly right on the money sir. Absolutely a necessity or throw the cases out! Make LE accountable. Helios...great point.

No video? No proof. I think we have all seen that "officers of the law" are some of the worst offenders when it comes to purgery and lies. Let the people go, I would be more inclined to believe a base head then your average beat cop these days and that's pretty sad.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

They could just remove the glasses or say they fell off and broke because of the struggle

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Yeah, how about that, the videos can be used as evidence by both parties. Fair is fair.

link   
Excellent idea!! This would protect them AND the people the are supposed to be serving.

link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Helious

I absolutely 100% agree.
Why not outfit them with some type of Google glasses?

They can put cameras on every stop light in every intersection of every city. They can spy on meta data from every cell phone in the entire country. They can surely put safeguards in place for their own steroid fueled brown shirts.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

At the very least, equip them with Audio recording devices that can not be disabled by the officer.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I said the same thing in another thread. It serves everyone's interest to have this happen, There would be less guesswork involved on who is honest or not with film. It would actually benefit police to be filmed because it would end the doubt.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
We all know how they get down in Moscow, everybody has a dashcam.
edit on 2/24/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yeah I know, they might have to cut down on the brand new unmarked dodge chargers. Scale back the indoctrination programs at schools and maybe, just maybe have to stop giving junior high kids smoking tickets but I think they money can be found. It's there, it just not being spent appropriately on what is actually important. As in, what the community wants from it's police force.

The community doesn't care if a cop is out on a federal grant giving seat belt tickets. Thats not what civil servants are in place for. The community is demanding accountability for what has become and out of control. bloated and tyrannical militarized police force.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well said OP.

Every officer and I mean every officer on duty should wear body cameras.

Fully agree on that.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

They could just remove the glasses or say they fell off and broke because of the struggle

True but stopping short of sewing it into their foreheads I can't think of a way around that. They could easily cover anything you make them wear but if you make the discipline strict enough for removing or covering the camera then that could help deter that.
edit on 24-2-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As an added thought, when a cop makes a bad arrest he/she should be able to be personally held liable and sued in civil court. If I screw up in my job and cause loss to another I can be. So should they.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You know...I still got to respect the cops. And I do have to work with them doing Search and Rescue with DHS and FEMA. Most I know would go down for you in a pinch.

But Ill tell you...there are some geeked yahoo's out there who got the "Oh YEAH!? I AM the heat!" rap down.....and those are the ones I worry about.

Checks and balances is only fair. And we need to get the scales tipped in the little guys favor.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

Unfortunately for them, that would mean releasing the person they arrested without any charge of any kind. But since it's innocent until "Proven" guilty and the officer has no evidence to support his side, that's just the way it goes. I guess they better make sure them cameras are in good working order then.

Besides, how much struggle is there when it's 5 against one and the five have tazers, guns, mace and cuffs and usually a shoot first attitude??
edit on 24-2-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

there is no reason why our military can have head cams (who already carry their weight in gear and have to go into intense battle with said gear) and our police can't/.

several posters have mentioned the camera falling off during a scuffle. Usually there are multiple officers at a scene so even if one cops camera gets damaged...the other ten or twenty that are beating and tazing some retarded kid in a wheel chair...should capture everything they need.

Plus....I am sure they can come up with something like parachute glasses or something that will not break or fall off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join