It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Theory Is True: Agents Infiltrate Websites Intending To "Manipulate, Deceive, And De

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

vkey08

ChaoticOrder

Edward Snowden to thank for disclosing it

Lol Snowden strikes again...

Not like this was secret info anyway, it was obvious...

Was gonna say this has been known for a LONG time... but.. and here's the big BUT...

something to remember: Not everyone who disagrees with your point of view on a particular topic is a disinfo agent, paid shill or cointel agent. Sometimes, and it happens a lot more than these operations, people just disagree, it's a good thing to remember before jumping to conclusions about someone's motives, and I fear that this thread will do more harm, making people jump to this conclusion more and more, rather than having good discussions, because the automatic assumption will be, if you disagree with (insert topic here) you HAVE to be a shill...

Don't forget the converse: if you find yourself agreeing strongly with a poster, actually finding his words inspiring, you may have been duped by a real Influence Agent! This is particularly true on the political boards. Do you really think that all the debate about Ukraine or Syria is by disinterested parties living in unaffected countries?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
A question I don't hear anyone asking for all the ooos and ahhhs is:

Isn't it interesting that this information is SO conspicuously interesting?

Ah, but what is the nature of a honey-pot?
Of course, questions such as this are unpopular when folks are getting told what they want to hear.

It's advisable to question everything, especially the things you want and like to hear the most.

Part of the mythology of Gods, Ninjas, Magicians ..., and of course clandestine agencies is in creating a mythology that there's nothing that can't be seen, or discovered, and there's nowhere to hide because X sees and hears all.
In turn, this mythology produces a response in opposing agents and agencies such they're over encumbered with over-attention in attending to countermeasures to stave off ghosts.

Enjoy.

edit on 2/25/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

I couldnt agree more, this is a "honey pot" if ever I saw one.

This entire government works in absolute secrecy on ALL fronts at ALL times. 99% of all data pertaining to the government and their activities is "classified" for the reason of keeping us all in the dark as to what they are actually doing. Any time "secret" information "sneaks" out into the light of day I question it.

Thinking you know something when you dont, is far more dangerous than not knowing something at all.

If you know nothing about me( in this case I will be "the government") or my activities, and something "slips" out saying I am doing X, and you believe it, even if X isnt actually happening, I have manipulated you to my own ends.

Say I wanted to make "the people" believe I knew what all of them were doing all the time, even though this is not possible, there is just too much data on one single person, let alone 300,000,000+. And I let it slip that I am not only monitoring, but manipulating them all, at all levels, at all times.

"the people" will be too busy second guessing everyone and themselves to pay attention to what I am actually doing.

What is all of this actually for is the big question.

So why do they need all this data to track us all?

1) they are looking for someone or something, and think that if they turn over enough rocks they will find it or them.

2) they really are trying to enslave us all, and they are actually trying to manipulate us into letting it happen.

3) they are absolutely terrified of the power the internet has given to the masses, and they know their time at the top of the pyramid is coming to a quick end. How many dynasties have fallen in the last few years, with the Kiev "situation" being the most recent. USA today even published a column yesterday talking about the world waiting for the US spring to throw down our government. If and when we do, it will be the coffin nail in TPTB power structure, the EU will be next, then Russia and finally China, at this point most of the worlds peoples will actually be FREE. ( I do dream, but I take it with a pinch of salt, because I dont see it actually happening)

4) there is something going on we the little people really arent ready for, and there are actually "alien" conspirators in our midst trying to bring down our civilization, for whatever means. Be it the whole "tower of babel"( Look at these men, they are of one language and one purpose, there is nothing they dream to do they cant accomplish. Let us go amongst them and confuse their language, and divide them). Or the theory we are being " uplifted" and every so often our "patrons" return to check on their work to see if we are "done cooking" yet or need further "seasoning".

5) these are simply the worst form of voyeur that man can produce, and they seem to feel the need to watch all aspects of everyones lives at all times, to fulfill some sick need in their empty lives.

6) it is all simply BS, created as a way to keep us busy worrying about what their doing when they are really just sitting around with the thumbs up their butts watching the rats race to their tune.

I dont know which one it is, but I am convinced it is one of these 6 things, and that these leaks are not accidental or ill timed.

When one is in the business of manipulation, one doesnt make these kinds of mistakes. They allow out info in the right increment, at the right time, to have the maximum effect, to serve their purposes.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Great thread. I took a look at the entire document, and although simple at times, the pages with diagrams show how people really thought the stuff out. The best I can hope for these folks who are really hard up, or who are just some kind of a sneak willing to play-for-hire on something like this, pretending that they have to hide who they are (wait, aren't we all doing some of that?) as well as toe the company line, learn a lot of things when they look through ATS. You guys (addressing our watchers), please don't just stick to your assigned threads. The science pages here are first rate, the Mars and astronomy threads give a wide view of both current finds and upcoming tech, you can learn about Vitamin C and why it's so important to your and your loved ones bodies, and explore many other threads which will enhance your life.

Folks joining us who work for these type of agencies are, I would think, as welcome here as anyone. It's an open website. They are jerks on one level, but aren't we all (let he who cast the first stoned), but if they have to lie to make a living, shame on them. If they argue one way for an issue I sincerely hope that they believe what they are writing, and learn how to change their point of view (which is really just enlarging your universe) when presented with good data.

Point of view is that entire ballgame in life. Expand it, and learn when you are being a dcik (as I was recently on the new Jack Parsons video thread) and what the other side may be experiencing.

And now that ATS has this thread, and we know for sure that this stuff is real (another hit-it-out-of-the-ballpark Snowden and Greenwald team-effort), we maybe should follow that bearded sage's advice and love our enemies. They are only following orders for a paycheck, which is on one level very sad and soul destroying but on another it at least let's them play on websites that they would not normally visit or even know about, and gain some good personal information that can help them or their families. On the threads that people here put up and care about, maybe follow another ancient piece of advice: Don't feed the trolls (but they probably have a game plan to work around that strategy too).

edit on 25-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

The issue here is not, and has never been, whether there are people out there who do this work. The real question is, how do you spot them at work, and the answer is not as simple as one might think.

First of all, you will get some people insisting that the shills are the ones that question alternative theories, those who do not take on face value, the stories coming out of the field of UFOlogy, the free energy stories, and so on. I think it is a mistake to assume such a thing without being objective. A person who believes something to be the case, is different from a person who wants to know the facts. A person who has not made up their mind on a particular point, and has the wit to examine a theory or hypothetical scenario for logical flaws, is not necessarily acting on behalf of government. Some people actually use the grey cells with which they are gifted, and that should be promoted and applauded.

Similarly, just because a certain person might have repeatedly stated their belief that space leprechauns from a planet called Buggernuts 6 in a galaxy called "The Mighty Big Spinny Thing", have visited them in their sleep and told them to drink a vast amount of scotch, constantly, does not make them a disinformation agent. This is the genius of the tactic , especially where the sort of divisive political topics we discuss here, are concerned.

There have been plenty of cases where peaceful protests, and activist groups have been infiltrated, and goaded by undercover policemen, into going to extremes, thus making it possible for prosecution to come about. Of course prosecutions made on the basis of such methods as have come to light, are being pulled apart by appeals and so on at the moment. All that appears to be happening here, is the same tactic, but in the digital landscape.

The intent appears to be, to divide online communities against themselves, and create differences where none previously existed, or amplify the situation where differences are already present, meaning that no one spends any time actually dealing with real issues.

The people you want to watch, are the blindly faithful on all sides. Those who would not believe a conspiracy even if it was as plain as the nose on your face, and came with documentation to back it up, may be disinformation agents, just as those who go round bashing folk over the head with ridiculous hoaxes and tales of strangeness which defy even the most surreal imagination, may be disinformation agents. Such a tricky tactic.... makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

that post of yours made me think is it time for me to get off the internet

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Honest at least. If you get paid to post here on ATS, do you at least believe what you're writing, or do you shape your words to your employer's preference? But it sounds like what you're describing are employers who have an agenda (pro/anti something) and does not really address this thread's news about governmental agencies using such tactics. But I, for two (yeah, ma, I'm including you) would like to hear more about your work, as long as you opened up about it. Can you give more details about it? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This seems like a massive waste of tax payer money. What kind of person even thinks of doing this in the first place? 1984 was supposed to be fiction.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Cito

Honest at least. If you get paid to post here on ATS, do you at least believe what you're writing, or do you shape your words to your employer's preference? But it sounds like what you're describing are employers who have an agenda (pro/anti something) and does not really address this thread's news about governmental agencies using such tactics. But I, for two (yeah, ma, I'm including you) would like to hear more about your work, as long as you opened up about it. Can you give more details about it? Thanks.

Yes, please elaborate further for us! I for one was really enjoying your post until it ended. You said a lot of words, but didnt really say much.

Please Sir, say much. We are waiting with much joy!

I have my own theories on this subject, but nothing really means as much as the actual "downlow" from the mouth of the "the goat" so to speak.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

NullVoid
Is this "NEW" news ?
I thought its well known....

Hardly. I remember reading a thread here on ATS which asked if paid shills could be infiltrating us. The general consensus was overwhelmingly negative, people ridiculed the idea, with many intimating that those who saw shills everywhere needed to get their heads checked.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes, there really are disinformation agents here on ATS sullying the reputations of anyone the government wants to keep quiet. All those Mars anomalies, those Kennedy threads, those NASA, NSA, Bad cop threads. They aren't really skeptics...they have an agenda. To confuse us and make us doubt the truth.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

We are being bombarded from many directions.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I remember reading a supposed confession of one of these shills a while back; he stated that they pretty much infiltrate most forms of social media, comments sections for yahoo, most big conspiracy forums, etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

I have seen this before I came to ATS, I remember when it started on another forum,

depressing,

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Voyaging
I remember reading a supposed confession of one of these shills a while back; he stated that they pretty much infiltrate most forms of social media, comments sections for yahoo, most big conspiracy forums, etc.

I knew it was being done a long time ago especially at Christians, I found a forum where they planned what forums to attack and invade.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

amazing
Yes, there really are disinformation agents here on ATS sullying the reputations of anyone the government wants to keep quiet. All those Mars anomalies, those Kennedy threads, those NASA, NSA, Bad cop threads. They aren't really skeptics...they have an agenda. To confuse us and make us doubt the truth.

If you really have a reputation worth defending, then it can't be sullied that easily.

The most important thing is to refuse to play along. I love when people call me racist. Especially not even knowing the racial makeup of my family.

You cannot hurt someones reputation when they are mostly anonymous. And, in my case, it would be hard to damage my reputation otherwise, other than my posting on here and how it could affect me in real life. But who knows...people know I think differently even IRL.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I busted a group at our former forum. Their refusal to act is what drove me away.

They had dozens of members register. Only a few posted. And they drew membership away from a viable conspiracy forum.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It's obvious corporations do this shtuff way more than government - but yes, corporations do use government-trained mercenaries.

F&S&

edit on 25/2/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Nyiah

tetra50

Nyiah
It may be news to some, but it's not news to me, just confirmation of the already suspected/known. All I have to say to this info is this:

Hey, NSA!

Guess which finger I'm holding up. Hint: It's not a thumb.

Maybe the folks watching you are on your side….just an alternative thought…..

Bullcrap. This has nothing to do with anyone's "side". It's outright manipulation with zero gains towards any given topic. It serves purely to divide people further, and tear down dissent. Debate is worthless when it's motives are ulterior.

It became apparent to me when posters are so dogmatic they refuse to even consider your point of view, that there was something seriously wrong, that's why I seldom debate, along with, I am not very good at it, but after a few post and still not getting anywhere I start to wonder.

I also believe some claim to be something they are not to make people look bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I busted a group at our former forum. Their refusal to act is what drove me away.

They had dozens of members register. Only a few posted. And they drew membership away from a viable conspiracy forum.

I know Tex, it was sad.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

rickymouse
Well, we all sort of knew it was happening anyway. I would expect our government to be involved in this. I expect some big businesses also do this, the government is not the only entity that would have an interest in this kind of thing. S%F

Our government and other governments I would imagine, anyone that has an interest in spreading propaganda.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join