It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Theory Is True: Agents Infiltrate Websites Intending To "Manipulate, Deceive, And De

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

BigfootNZ

Phoenix has a very valid point, something like this will simply make the fringe posters of ATS even that more kooky, heck there are very logical and intelligent posters on ATS that always get the instant 'your a shill' posts (or at least thinly veiled versions) when they chime in on a topic, those who do that will now feel even more justified in their attacks on balanced thinking. The average run of the mill ATS poster however is fine from what ive seen.

Bound to be many way out their people on ATS who will read this and instantly go 'See!.. I must be right!'

**Insert Buzz Lightyear and Woody meme here**

"Shills... Shills every where"

edit- Why is my posts text so big?...nvm fixed it seems nested quoting borks the post up
edit on 25-2-2014 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

Phoenix, said nothing about fringe this or that, no matter what you think about 'fringe' or 'Kooks' the word used was 'everyone' and seemingly also considers it the par for ATS. That also contradicts what you say about intelligent, and very logical posters.
edit on 25-2-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I just assume everyone who uses the terms "liberal" "Democrat" "conservative" or "Republican" in a scathing manner is a Shill and don't bother reading, or replying. And if they aren't shills they obviously aren't playing with a full deck so why bother? The people who get the dog and pony show, those are the people worth engaging.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by smurfy

There are methods. Most decent to good writers have what is called a "voice" and each "voice" tends to be unique. Considering that having some level of good writing ability is a logical requirement for such a job, then such a person would also logically write with a voice. The most influential and appealing literary works have a distinctive voice. That's pretty much a fact. If an account were shared, then, either it'd be amongst those with similar "voices" or an infrequently used one to avoid detection. Some people can actually pick up voice discrepancies in writings.

Writer's voice

I personally don't think the accounts would be shared for that reason.

I am not so great at it but I have amazing luck so stumble randomly to the perfect spot.
It works well sometimes but as we don't have direct evidence we shouldn't accuse anyone as it's rude/unfair/wrong etc.

I will say that one time a poster that I totally felt like was another person, said a extremely rare archaic word...
I did an ATS search and it was only used once in the whole history of ATS prior...and it was the exact person I originally thought the "new poster" sounded like. (The 'word' only appears twice in ATS history according to searches).

Just remember there are always clues no matter how well one can cover their tracks.
Also triple reminder: Don't accuse anyone just keep it to yourself.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

something like this will simply make the fringe posters of ATS even that more kooky,

The opinion as to who is being logical in any subject and discussion is not black and white. You have your opinion of who is logical and my logic may be (sure it is) quite different than yours!

This is the kind of words I hate. Fringe simply means they are not following blindly in everyone else's footsteps. That is seen as a good thing for many who want to join a "fringe topic" website and learn about subjects not discussed on mainstream news.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yep and that's in the T&C here to boot so it's definitely a no-go to state a suspicion.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Even Before its News thinks this stinks!!

that link doesn't work for me - it must be a conspiracy!!

Here's a tinyurl version....

Glenn Greenwald’s new “truth telling” site is up and running and it appears he’s looking to broaden his base by courting the conspiracy theory market.

Aaaaaand as it just so happens, he has a Snowden “leak” readily available to use for just such an occasion. What a coincidence. How convenient for Mr. Greenwald and his new business venture that all of a sudden a new “leak” surfaces which will garner him and his new partners much needed credibility in a growing market.

and

Let me explain something:
Mr. Greenwald is in the employ of a globalist billionaire and his task is to create a marketable “truth telling” website that will endure after the new CISPA shuts down many of the websites I just listed above (and this one) leaving a great deal of readers without access to a trustworthy alternative news site.
The new collaboration website is clearly targeting that potential market for a variety of reasons.
Mr. Sunstein headed up the 5 person committee of globalists who put together President Obama’s recommendations for how to “fix” the “crisis” caused by the Snowden leaks.

Let’s not forget… Mr. Greenwald has been a key advocate of the Wikileaks psyop from the very beginning and he’s been selling these Snowden “leaks” like they were his personal cash cow for nearly a year now. After having cashed in with the billionaire globalist on this website, Mr. Greenwald now produces a leak which promises to garner him attention and trust in the very market that will soon enough be looking for a new home.

I don’t buy it and neither should you.

OUCH!
edit on 25-2-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: try to fix link

edit on 25-2-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: add tiny url link

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by smurfy

There are methods. Most decent to good writers have what is called a "voice" and each "voice" tends to be unique. Considering that having some level of good writing ability is a logical requirement for such a job, then such a person would also logically write with a voice. The most influential and appealing literary works have a distinctive voice. That's pretty much a fact. If an account were shared, then, either it'd be amongst those with similar "voices" or an infrequently used one to avoid detection. Some people can actually pick up voice discrepancies in writings.

Writer's voice

I personally don't think the accounts would be shared for that reason.

Most decent to good writers here are just that, voice or no voice and no problem there for me, but that is my assumption. However, I didn't say one way or the other, if the person behind the Avatar was the same or different in 'the voice'. Sometimes too, people can get annoyed in a written debate, annnd alsortss ofthiings hapen.
Other times, you may sense annoyance in a reply, but is well controlled, funny that.

BTW, I had a similar experience as you in another forum totally unrelated to ATS. There was a poster with two screen names as it turned out. One was a pretty normal set up just matter of fact, nothing much in the way of 'the voice' even, while the other was out of the clergy and had a 'habit'... pardon the pun, of saying, "I wouldn't agree to that" more than anything else.
He was the site owner?

BTW, "That's pretty much a fact" is awfully similar to "statistics show"
edit on 25-2-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ahh The below video describes my feeling on Government shills when we find them Please click below.

A word of caution though. its very funny.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
Even Before its News thinks this stinks!!

Well, we all know that Before its News is not reliable!

Besides, most of us who have been around here long enough have seen
this type of thing actually rooted out, and exposed a few times.

Here is just one example:

Thread About Army Corps Caught Infiltrating Forums- Shills

Just remember, they did it once they will do it again.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

A Little Poetry...

"Divide & Conquer Is Written...
A Time Honoured Tradition...
& Psy-Ops Is The Mission...
It's Quite Common, But Hidden!!!"

What you said is absolutely right, every bit of it!

Peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by oblvion

We do know several things, one being that knowledge is power. That if we look for information on the internet now we mostly get the same old story over and over, often untrue or inaccurate because the search mechanisms are controlled.

If they intend to put up a free worldwide wi-fi it will be used. Free gets it every time. Control, you could shut the world down in a stroke.

Knowledge is power, but if the only knowledge one gets is the very misinfo they want you to get, then it is not actually knowledge. It is propaganda, meant to be used to sway people in whichever way they want.

The new program that was just "scrapped" to put FCC monitors in all news rooms, TV and print is a good example, even though the FCC has no authority where print media is concerned.

They are losing the info war by people like us spreading actual unfiltered info over the net. This is one of the reasons I believe they are doing so much to try to censor the net. It has given man the most powerful tool ever to spread info without going through the old sources they have controlled for centuries.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Now everyone here thinks that anyone who ever disagrees with what they are saying about anything could be a government shill.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make earlier

I have no doubt that there are posters here on ATS that have ulterior motives, the problem is everyone who goes against the grain from this point on and disagrees with popular conspiracy theories is going to be labelled a "shill" etc.

Considering that calling members "shill" and the like is frowned upon by the site owners, I can see some bumpy roads ahead here on ATS in light of this thread.......not that it isn't a good thread mind

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Some people disagree with you:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Argyll
[i
I have no doubt that there are posters here on ATS that have ulterior motives, .....

and most posters on here are quick to ignore or forgive if those ulterior motives involve websites that promote quack medicine or remedies for chemtrails and the like......but still label as shills anyone who dares quote a peer reviewed abstract that goes against some popular conspiracy......

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

burntheships
[
Well, we all know that Before its News is not reliable!

Oh yes - absolutely.......the irony is delicious

edit on 25-2-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: quote tags

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by binaryangel

I've read a lot of great replies on ATS for so many different reasons...

But this is my favourite ever... Your proposal in the second paragraph made me laugh out loud, and I appreciate you for that alone!

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Here is my opinion on the slide show presentation:
(I have no ill will towards the OP or anything keep in mind this is about the source info)

I don't see how anyone can use those charts to accomplish anything.

That's honestly how I feel.
Like there would have to be a real chart somewhere that explains in simple terms how the "tactics" work.
I need the "For Dummies" version...

This information doesn't really explain anything to me.
I really do feel like I could have created it myself, it feels that poor.

I want to see the real charts, haha.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We've been discussing this on Slashdot where several of us that have worked in the pay for post online hang out

Today on Slashdot: yro.slashdot.org...

One of the many pressing stories that remains to be told from the Snowden archive is how western intelligence agencies are attempting to manipulate and control online discourse with extreme tactics of deception and reputation-destruction. It's time to tell a chunk of that story, complete with the relevant documents.. ... Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the Internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable. To see how extremist these programs are, just consider the tactics they boast of using to achieve those ends: 'false flag operations' (posting material to the Internet and falsely attributing it to someone else), fake victim blog posts (pretending to be a victim of the individual whose reputation they want to destroy), and posting 'negative information' on various forums."

Training materials used by folks like me, although I'm not actively doimg this anymore but the pay was about same as adsense:
firstlook.org...

And like I've posted before

A hugely popular tactic is to come in and ridicule an easy target, like Christians especially on ATS they get slammed/ridiculed/flamed etc. So the job is for the paid poster is to egg on ridicule and stir up a fervor with the goal of pissing off the target so much "pro Christian" that they lose it and get posts deleted by mods further enraging pro Christians leading to banning of the pro christian side. This tactic allows the pro atheist lobby to now have a foothold in controlling topics on ATS without a balanced debate as you've now social engineered your own platform. With such charisma you easily gain followers (sheep,shills,etc even mods) to your side making it easy for you to steam roll the minority as you and your new clique of unknowing followers push your agenda for you running detractors off doing your job for you.

The forceful takeover of a forum presence is worth money to lobby groups and ats is a large target so is Slashdot, Torrent freak, Godlike productions, forum.bodybuilding.com, somethimgaweful forums, etc etc...

Thats how you run off or get opposing sides banned or whatnot.

The funny thing before I move to another example is ATS unknowingly or perhaps even knowingly helps attack and ridicule Christians as those threads are allowed. But anti jew or anti muslim threads normally get locked/deleted swiftly as jews and the semitic religions are protected here. But Christianity is fair game for ridicule.

Next example...

Say a mandate goes out to increase support for certain topics like pro abortion rights. Well the paid posters all spread amongst the hundreds of popular forums and topics get going. Again the paid posters job is to start slow as not to trigger "troll" calls, but the goal is to squire many to your side or that agree with your side and being charismatic you will bait antiabortion into attacking you, now you and others will ridicule further angering the opposition until a mod deletes their post due to personal attack. Well that mod deletion leads to even more anger and posting in anger the person winds up banned, so other opposition posters are pissed and follow suit and get posts deleted or banned and now you've once again taken control of the forum as the majority.
You can make forum owners, mods, and site on a whole look like they support your paid posting point of view if you can keep the issue hot and such until you can get mods to lock a thread especially after an opposition poster posted. Then if the opposition was last person to post befor thread lock it will come across regardless of mod excuse as a win of support for the paid poster position.

ATS isn't the only one or the largest. But its very prominent.

Topics that are popular amongst paid posters backed by weak links back to lobby groups are anti christian topics, pro abortion topics, pro Obama Care, anti iran, pro global warming and climate change, and several others but those are the big ones.

Here's the thing, majority of paid posters do not believe what they argue about, I've posted in past on other forums fervently for global warming and the opposition who argued it doesn't exist its cyclical the planet needs co2 or plant life dies as plants breathe in co2 and give off oxygen blah blah they've got mad got posts deleted got banned and ridiculed and the global warming side took over so much that mods even had to make a sticky that posting anti global warming theories would be deleted and posters warned.

I paid post on the side of global warming even though I didn't believe it personally and it was after that I stopped doing paid post work.

Here's an example how a similar rule was instituted here on ATS.

Long ago, just like how the 911 theories or moon landing theories are abundant, there used to be topics on the holocaust and while everyone agreed it happened a lot questioned the official tally and many prominent figures do question the official tally's and some questions regarding gassing.

These topics existed on ATS and were discussed amicably on both sides, were really interesting, but the paid posters came along on the official tally the Zion official talking points and used same tactics causing anger from other side, debates turned to arguments (on purpose keep in mind), the paid posters had one goal, to get this entire topic banned fro discussion on as many forums as possible... And sure enough after a posts deleted, tempers flared at mods for seeming taking sides the admin/owners stepped forward and the entire debate and discussion of holocaust was banned and opposition were labeled "holocaust deniers" even though NONE of them ever denied the holocaust happened, ever. But the social engineering worked and the lobby group won in having any debate on the subject banned from dozens of forums.

This is how paid posting works, its a social engineer, be charismatic to gain followers and supporters have them turn on and ridicule opposition in passive aggressive means to bait the opposition into lashing out getting a post deleted further angering opposition leading to posts deletions, account suspensions, bannings, threads locked and the ultimate win is admin declaring topic off limits and bans to anyone discussing it.

Its all a game with most paid posters not even believing the side they argue on, as they are paid to get topics locked/banned/made taboo, or to run opposition off the forum so they take over and can lead their own discussions spamming forums with one sided discussions disguised as debate. So when opposition look at forum they decide not to register and leave which makes their followers grow and their one sided topics get on google trends or go viral.

And all paid

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

strange that ,
ive been in quite a few mars anomaly threads of late , and on the whole I think folks have been fairly civil,
I do however remember an incident a few months back

Oh I remember that too!

Didn't I accuse you of being another poster?

I believed it at the time as well......

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Excellent Thread!

Great Research!

S&F

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join