It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Theory Is True: Agents Infiltrate Websites Intending To "Manipulate, Deceive, And De

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+114 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Conspiracy Theory Is True: Agents Infiltrate Websites Intending To "Manipulate, Deceive, And Destroy Reputations"

In the annals of internet conspiracy theories, none is more pervasive than the one speculating paid government plants infiltrate websites, social network sites, and comment sections with an intent to sow discord, troll, and generally manipulate, deceive and destroy reputations. Guess what: it was all true.

Continued...
namely, that these agencies are attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself." Call it Stasi for "Generation Internet."

The Conspiracy Theory Is True: Agents Infiltrate Websites Intending To "Manipulate, Deceive, And Destroy Reputations"

Most know, it's no surprise that this is happening, as discussed multiple times on this site. More so now that to show those in doubt or unknowing to the subject.

The article's messenger in this case is Glenn Greenwald. Greenwald's new site(see here, "How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations") has data, which I will share some of in the following reply posts. This coupled in with the results in action of Comcast's corruption, not just a start, but it's rearing it's ugly head.

The full PDF document can be obtained from scribd for those who want a copy: www.scribd.com...
- www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a war on for our internet, what do you say ATS?
edit on 24-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: Full title since it did not show.

edit on 24-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: more...

edit on 24-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: Added image.

edit on 24-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: Added PDF download.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Other tactics aimed at individuals are listed here, under the revealing title “discredit a target”:

Continued...there are many slides, so I'll forward a bit in sharing.
edit on 24-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: more...

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

More at OP source, please see article descriptions as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

How'd you get access to those files? You can message me if you're scared to speak on it so openly.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

My bad. I didn't realize you were the OP.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I wish I could give you a star and flag but for some reason I am not able to do that. Great thread dreamingawake! I look forward to the rest!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

How'd you get access to those files? You can message me if you're scared to speak on it so openly.

They are posted to both on Glenn' site and Zero Hedge shared in the OP opening.

Seen your update, no prob.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Patiently waiting for more info. Awesome so far

S-N-F!

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Nice thread. Guess we all pretty much knew this was true but it's nice to have some evidence on the matter. Now I wonder if you'll get any naysayers pop in here to deny it and call Greenwald a terrorist collaborator or something.

Thanks for the link as well, bookmarking The Intercept.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Bassago

Nice thread. Guess we all pretty much knew this was true but it's nice to have some evidence on the matter. Now I wonder if you'll get any naysayers pop in here to deny it and call Greenwald a terrorist collaborator or something.

Thanks for the link as well, bookmarking The Intercept.

haha YES!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Is this "NEW" news ?
I thought its well known....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
More on Deception(last three shared).

Please see article descriptions as well
-OP sources.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I see that those slides come from the Five Eyes.... interesting..

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
GCHQ

We submitted numerous questions to GCHQ including: (1) Does GCHQ in fact engage in “false flag operations” where material is posted to the Internet and falsely attributed to someone else?; (2) Does GCHQ engage in efforts to influence or manipulate political discourse online?; and (3) Does GCHQ’s mandate include targeting common criminals (such as boiler room operators), or only foreign threats?

The questions were ignored.

More at OP source/ Greenwald's Firstlook

Lastly,

Whatever else is true, no government should be able to engage in these tactics: what justification is there for having government agencies target people – who have been charged with no crime – for reputation-destruction, infiltrate online political communities, and develop techniques for manipulating online discourse? But to allow those actions with no public knowledge or accountability is particularly unjustifiable.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

snypwsd

I see that those slides come from the Five Eyes.... interesting..

Indeed. More in short on the Five Eyes

The "Five Eyes", often abbreviated as "FVEY", refer to an anglophonic alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. These countries are bound by the multilateral UKUSA Agreement - a treaty for joint cooperation in signals intelligence.[1][2][3]

The origins of the FVEY can be traced back to World War II, when the Atlantic Charter was issued by the Allies to lay out their goals for a post-war world. During the course of the Cold War, the ECHELON surveillance system was initially developed by the FVEY to monitor the communications of the former Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc, although it was later used to monitor billions of private communications worldwide.[4][5]

Wiki

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I would expect an official handbook, even a top secret one, to be proofread ... "offsensive"?
edit on 24-2-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wait wait, what exactly are they using for "magic"

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
so these are dirty tricks used in going after anonymous members. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, we all sort of knew it was happening anyway. I would expect our government to be involved in this. I expect some big businesses also do this, the government is not the only entity that would have an interest in this kind of thing. S%F

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'm pretty sure that CoIntel operatives will stay miles away from this thread as far as participation goes (especially after your comment). They will observe, though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join