It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccinate my son?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey everyone...
My son Samuel will be 6 months in march, his check up with the pediatrician will ensue and I am really nervous.
Lori his pediatrician has been pushing the vaccines since his first visit and I am really upset that she still continues to push them after my husband and I told her that we don't wish to vaccinate. I know how some of you feel about people of faith so I wont say much but I will say this, the ingredients and production of these vaccines is against what we believe is right (fetal tissue) as an example.

Now, at his 4 month visit I finally decided to give in and at least look at the websites that she gave us to see what I could find about what is in the vaccines and what not. I fully expected to be reading "Your child could die from this, this and that if you do not vaccinate." To my surprise I didn't see much fear mongering, a bit of science and history behind as well as statistics about how much they have prevented/eradicated this disease and that. Which I'm sure are facts because you don't see many people with polio these days, HOWEVER...I am a firm believer that vaccines are linked to seizures, SIDS (chemicals in vaccines are nuerotoxins which effect the nervous system and therefore shut it down) and the biggest debatable effect Autism. When you think about it, a newborn receives 20ish vaccines before they're 4 and I believe that is the same if not a little more or less that what an adolescent and adult receives then you have to factor in the flu shot every year. I mean, their bodies are so fragile and they're still trying to develop why would I want to pump my perfectly healthy baby boy with all that crap?

When my son was born he was given the HepB with out our permission, infact our birthing plan on record stated we did not want him vaccinated. He was also given sugar water at the same time. My son, is exclusively breastfed and has been on solids since 4 1/2 months. He's perfectly healthy, in fact my whole family got the "man-bear-pig flu" except for him! another point I brought up to Lori is that why would a baby need the HepB vaccine when there are only a few ways to be infected with it? If I'm wrong please correct me but he is not going to be having sex and doing drugs, I know there are other ways of contracting the disease but it isn't very likely in this day and age. She just nodded and didn't really have an answer.

Anyways, I am really just wanting some reassurance that I am doing right by my son by not vaccinating. All I want is to protect my baby as best as I can until I am no longer responsible in the decisions made for him. Please feel free to send me any info you have that is UNBIAS, nothing from the FDA, WHO and the like. I trust them as far as I can throw em'

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
God bless

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNamesZeppelin

I might suggest you visit other websites specific to this issue.

Talk to nurses.

Go online and speak specifically to them.

My wife is a nurse. I am a professional as well. We chose what innoculations. We chose when.

Our son is almost eleven, is happy, healthy, rarely ever ill.

If you wish, as my wife is an RN, PM me and we can discuss this more privately.

Good luck and God Bless.

beez

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't care what your religious beliefs are, but here's the story of a woman who was the child of parents who refused to vaccinate her because they were so much smarter than anyone else:

I am the 70s child of a health nut. I wasn’t vaccinated. I was brought up on an incredibly healthy diet: no sugar til I was one, breastfed for over a year, organic homegrown vegetables, raw milk, no MSG, no additives, no aspartame. My mother used homeopathy, aromatherapy, osteopathy, we took daily supplements of vitamin C, echinacea, cod liver oil. I had an outdoor lifestyle; I grew up next to a farm, walked everywhere, did sports and danced twice a week, drank plenty of water. I wasn’t even allowed pop; even my fresh juice was watered down to protect my teeth, and I would’ve killed for white, shop-bought bread in my lunch box once in a while and biscuits instead of fruit like all the other kids. We only ate (organic local) meat maybe once or twice a week and my mother and father cooked everything from scratch – I have yet to taste a Findus crispy pancake and oven chips were reserved for those nights when mum and dad had friends over and we got a “treat.”

As healthy as my lifestyle seemed, I contracted measles, mumps, rubella, a type of viral meningitis, scarlatina, whooping cough, yearly tonsillitis, and chickenpox, some of which are vaccine preventable. In my twenties I got precancerous HPV and spent 6 months of my life wondering how I was going to tell my two children under the age of 7 that mummy might have cancer before it was safely removed.

So having the “natural immunity sterilised out of us” just doesn’t cut it for me. How could I, with my idyllic childhood and my amazing health food, get so freaking ill all the time? My mother was the biggest health freak around–she would put most of my current “crunchy” friends to shame. She didn’t drink, she didn’t smoke, she didn’t do drugs and we certainly weren’t allowed to watch whatever we wanted on telly or wear plastic shoes or any of that stuff. She LIVED alternative health. And you know what? I’m glad she gave us the great diet that we had, I’m glad that she cared about us in that way.

But it just didn’t stop me getting childhood illnesses.

Source, one of many

edit on 2/24/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its your choice what you do and you should always gather as much information about your decisions to justify them to yourself, not anybody else.
If you are prepared to put in the effort then you should feel content in your decision.

On vaccinations themselves, I am no fan on giving infants a mixture of toxins.

Giving single doses to a toddler over time

I certainly understand your conflict, its tricky.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am all for the ones that have been around and tried and tested . mmr dtap ect.

Some of the newer ones we are sketchy about like varicilla, (we all got chicken pox if those didn't well they just stayed away from their kids) . I have haven't had a flu shot in 20 years as my wife hasn't in a decade we are rarely sick we don't give our kids flu shots .
Just do what feels right to you thats is all can say
ETA
What Beezer said

We chose what innoculations. We chose when

Exactly

edit on 24/2/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/2/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I have a 11yr son, never vaccinated. He had a little pimple bump thing on his arm a few weeks ago that nobody knew what it was. Went to Dr for first time ever to see if they could tell me what it was. Receptionist couldn't believe he had never seen Dr since being born. Dr couldn't believe it also. Dr asked if I didn't like doctors as reason for in visit. Told him no, reason was hasn't needed a Dr. He was a bit amazed.
Anyway after a bit of poking any prodding said he was unsure as well. Waste of $30.
If vaccines didn't have all that other crap in them I may have thought differently about him being vaccinated.
Get hassled by mothers all over the place because my son is going to infect their vaccinated kids with what they are vaccinated for. I just smile to them now.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Due to the fact that i have two nephews with autism, i would say wait a little longer
and when you do give the vaccinations have the doctor give one dose spaced out over time.
I think too much at once caused autism.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

just know that you are not alone. The doctors and nurses will try to make you feel like you are the only parent on the planet that hasn't or isn't willing to vaccinate your children.

I am not trying to sway you one way or the other but our three kids are not vaccinated.....It is just a constant battle to keep my six year old from having sex with drug users.....I might get him the hepB vaccine next year (sarcasm)...that and the Gardasil shot (rolls eyes)...

but seriously...make sure you read info both pro and con for the vaccines though and draw your own conclusion.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

At least get him the polio vaccine.

Be sure to read up on the symptoms of measles too...

YODO! (You Only Die Once...)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You do realize there are multiple testimonies of people being unvaccinated and completely healthy at the same time? It's easy to give a source like you just did, which seems manipulative at best, and try to prove a point.

Honestly, even if the basic principles of vaccines are solid, I just can't trust these pharmaceutical industries anymore. I'd trust life and our own immune system before anything else.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I appreciate your apprehension about this subject, and I'm glad you are doin your own research.

My 2¢:
Vaccinations have been given for a LONG time. They have eradicated a few diseases altogether. My nephew is unvaccinated and it drives me a little crazy. We never know what the future holds for us, what pathogens we may encounter, and what effect they will have to our bodies. If it even has the possibility of saving a child's life then I think its a very easy decision.

One of the most common misconceptions I've heard is that thimersol breaks down into mercury and affects your/your child's brain. Thimersol does break down into 49% ethylmercury, which is a much larger molecule then methylmercury! Methylmercury can pass the blood brain barrier (BBB); while ethylmercury cannot pass the BBB and is expelled from the body in about a week.

You will obviously be a great dad as I can tell you are making a super heroic effort to do the research and figure out this tangled situation.

Best of luck to you!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree that you need to vaccinate... But think about doing it when the immune system is stronger and able to handle it. We waited till both of our girls were at least 2 then started... Then spaced them out. The nurses gave my youngest (now 6) the Hep without our permission in he hospital when she was born AND gave her sugar water WITHOUT our permission also. Just gotta love the whole Government mentality that they know better than a parent... And so readily and easily think they can defy the wishes of parents.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kimberling234

I believe as others, that is ok to vaccinate but not infants.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

So the woman grew up in a healthy environment, yet contracted half of all diseases known to man. And all convieniently blamed on not being vaccinated. Propaganda?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Polio, Measles, Malaria etc.... Yes you should!!!

Avian, Swine etc.... No you shouldn't!!!

This is just my opinion, and in no way a deciding factor in how you choose to bring up your children!!!

But preventable diseases that are deadly such as my first line examples, are no longer a problem thanks to vaccines!!!

My second line examples are not truly preventable with vaccines... but nor are they fatalistic!!! Unless you count people with underlying health problems!!!

The misinformation of the difference between the two types of vaccine is a danger to children worldwide.

Credible studies will tell you what's best overall...
Not a conspiracy website!!!

Peace.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your kind advice, I really appreciate all of you for participating in this thread and for your support in our decision as parents. All we want is our son to be happy and healthy.
This subject has been really tough for my husband and I and we are definitely on the same page.
If we are to vaccinate and that is a BIG if, it will be much later on.
Thank you again,
Much love and may the Light of God shine on you with the power of a thousand suns

edit on 26-2-2014 by TheNamesZeppelin because: couldn't upload image....grrr

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Nice read, thank you for putting it out there. I have notice over the years when a professional such as a nurse or doctor is asked to sign a document under their full commercial liability they run for the hills.

Natural remedies are always IMO the best. In saying that, I do appreciate the abilities and advances the medical world offer when needed. For instance an ultra sound for investigation purposes, perhaps under developing babies or deformities. But not just because you feel like it.

Anywho that's my 2 cents.

Stand up for your children, no one else will.

Ps, I wounder how much does a dr get from the Gov for each child they jab?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

LOL living next to a farm. of course the farm doesn't use pesticides or fertiliser

Just because you put certain things into your body doesn't mean poisons aren't going to get in, we are completely bombarded with poisons even down to the water we drink unless you are distilling or buying distilled water you are ingesting inorganic minerals, minerals that haven't been broken down in order for us to synthesize them therefore they clog up our arteries.

Its scary how many people think they are doing the right thing when they don't understand the extent of the poisoning that we are all subjected to,

new topics

top topics

join