It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: ‘Obama Assassination’ Cartoon Prompts Secret Service Visit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire
reply to post by jude11

Cartoon ,,,, yes. You hide behind a veil of simplicity in making such a statement.
Now i will get ridiculous too.
Were your teenage daughter to be depicted as a slut in an obscene cartoon at her high school I doubt you would say It's just a cartoon."

Wow. I am surprised the MODS have not taken that post down yet. Its really off topic and is just trolling the person you are replying to. Really bad form you used. And besides Obama is a public figure and as such has not the same expectation against ridicule as a private citizen.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The cartoon expresses what a lot of true patriots feel. But to be honest, Obama is not dismantling the Constitution all by himself. He has help from the House and Senate. There is plenty of room on the calendar for another independence day.

The true patriot is not the man who blindly defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that government.
edit on 2-24-2014 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

love those guys....
no not the secret service

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

schuyler

alienreality
The pattern I see in these "threats to the president" are that our president is so corrupt, dishonest, and so pathetically morally and ethically bankrupt, that so many people are making these types of statements through various methods.. Says a lot about the current political state when so many people are doing these things.

Must be embarrassing to the president to be schooled so often that his actions are despised so much. And yet he continues on with the destruction of America.

The problem with this statement is that it reflects myopia and a lack of historical perspective. The same exact thing has been said in the past about nearly every president. In the campaign between John Adams (#2) and Thomas Jefferson (#3), for example, the rhetoric used would make present-day hyperbolic political campaigns seem tame and polite in comparison. You talk about the "destruction of America," well, Lincoln actually succeeded, according to half the country at the time, and he was killed for it--after several unsuccessful attempts.

So threats are nothing new and it has nothing to do with the current incumbent. This is about the Presidency, not the President, but even so, he ought to be free of risk from crazed maniacs filled with hatred or who think killing someone famous will get them a date with Jody Foster. And, believe me, I am no fan of Obama or his policies. He's a complete disaster, pure and simple, but I hope he and his successors live to a ripe old age.

Interesting that you picked the "dates with Jodie Foster" in an attempt to make him look crazy.

who is Hinckley friends with (what family)? Who was scheduled to have dinner at who's house? Who's dad helped raise money for who's campaign?

And need we even get into JFK and Lincoln?

You do know that these were not the acts of just some crazy guy.....right?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This video is tasteless. It doesn't matter who the President is, you shouldn't talk about assassination, unless you're willing to be severely scrutinized. Don't the Obama haters realize that if Obama "IS" ever assassinated, he'll become more powerful and more popular in death?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

This video is tasteless. It doesn't matter who the President is, you shouldn't talk about assassination, unless you're willing to be severely scrutinized. Don't the Obama haters realize that if Obama "IS" ever assassinated, he'll become more powerful and more popular in death?

Yes the video is tasteless but are you saying we should not be able to discuss issues that (in this case) was posted on YouTube? Really? Is there some kind of list we can get for things we're not allowed to discuss sans the T&C's? If this thread isn't within those guidelines I have no issues with the Mods 404ing it but I don't see that as the case.

No one here has said "Yeah the video is a great idea!" or even close to that. As far as being scrutinized I pretty sure most on this site has already been looked over by big brother.

As far as your statement about Obama being more powerful in death that's a matter of opinion. Unless maybe he rises on the third day or something.

edit on 188pm1111pm92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Either you believe in freedom of speech and the first Ammendment or you don't. There is no middle ground. The first Ammendment was not written to protect popular speech and ideas. Those things don't need protecting

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by lostbook

Yes the video is tasteless but are you saying we should not be able to discuss issues that (in this case) was posted on YouTube? Really? Is there some kind of list we can get for things we're not allowed to discuss sans the T&C's? If this thread isn't within those guidelines I have no issues with the Mods 404ing it but I don't see that as the case.

No one here has said "Yeah the video is a great idea!" or even close to that. As far as being scrutinized I pretty sure most on this site has already been looked over by big brother.

As far as your statement about Obama being more powerful in death that's a matter of opinion. Unless maybe he rises on the third day or something.

edit on 188pm1111pm92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Well, I just mean that Obama will be made into a martyr. I know what these people are saying in the video is free speech but it's free speech in the name of assassinating the President...Something doesn't sit well there. Sure, Obama isn't perfect and every turn he makes is ridiculed, but it's the information age and no one is safe. Even the president of the U.S. it seems....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

yuppa

TerryMcGuire
reply to post by jude11

Cartoon ,,,, yes. You hide behind a veil of simplicity in making such a statement.
Now i will get ridiculous too.
Were your teenage daughter to be depicted as a slut in an obscene cartoon at her high school I doubt you would say It's just a cartoon."

Wow. I am surprised the MODS have not taken that post down yet. Its really off topic and is just trolling the person you are replying to. Really bad form you used. And besides Obama is a public figure and as such has not the same expectation against ridicule as a private citizen.

Thank you for your polite reply.

The topic as I understood it in this thread is free speech. Is a cartoon just a cartoon, an entertainment, or might it, within a certain context hold import beyond mere frivolity. The respond-er to which I responded made an attempt to pass off the issue by merely stating that it was nothing more than a Wiley Coyote simile. I wondered how a savvy member of a conspiracy website might hold such a simplistic view of the world. In response to my rely, this respond-er again reiterated, in a louder voice that it was just a cartoon.

Certainly my example was over the top, as I indicated in a previous sentence. As I do not know this member, nor if he, or she even has a child let alone a teenage daughter, my example was completely hypothetical, a mental gymnastic.

As for the video, I did not see it to be just a cartoon. Or ridicule. Wily Coyote was just a cartoon. But this was a political cartoon. It was an animation calling for the assassination of the American President, not just ridicule. To claim otherwise is, for me, the stuff of fools.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I for one thought the cartoon was hilarious, and yes they did make fun of conservatives too. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

jude11
reply to post by Bassago

Wile E. Coyote got shot plenty of times.

What's the difference?

Peace

And I am still here

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Thank you for the polite response to my reply. Its getting to be a rare thing these days it seems around here. Still it is your opinion and as such has just as much merit as anyone elses. Personally though I try to stay away from peoples families though. its a good rule of thumb at times i think.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Oh no no, Thank YOU for your polite response to my polite response to your,ah, where was I? Oh, yes. you are most probably correct. It would be better to refrain from personal examples even though hypothetical.

Yours

T

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

TerryMcGuire
reply to post by yuppa

Oh no no, Thank YOU for your polite response to my polite response to your,ah, where was I? Oh, yes. you are most probably correct. It would be better to refrain from personal examples even though hypothetical.

Yours

T

Starred. and i coudnt help but smile at the thought of the polite chipmunks in one of those old cartoons the way we were going on. Anyway.i wonder where the story will go over this now?
edit on 14upppm by yuppa because: almost made a mistake

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Looks like other than questioning there has been no further action. Here's the followup interview on the SS visit.

To date, no further action has been taken against animator Fox, or Fox Bros Studios. Stay tuned here and at GMN for further updates. 21st Century Wire

Published on Feb 25, 2014 Exclusive Special Report: Pete Santilli Show Guest Gets Secret Service Visit Re: Obama Assassination

top topics

<< 1   >>

join