It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: ‘Obama Assassination’ Cartoon Prompts Secret Service Visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Mods I have no idea if this should be here or another forum.

After watching this video all I can say is it disturbed me in a number of ways. Not surprised the creators got a visit from the US Secret Service though. Can't really tell whether they are suggesting something with the video or not, which is probably the point. What do you think ATS? Over the top or is SpongeBob now also to be contained?

VIDEO: ‘Obama Assassination’ Cartoon Prompts Secret Service Visit

The creators of the Youtube animated series Conrad the Constitution say they’ve been paid a visit by the Secret Service concerning their latest work, entitled Obama Assassination.

edit on Mon Feb 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: video is in the source araticle.....removed from post

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

After watching this video all I can say is it disturbed me in a number of ways. Not surprised the creators got a visit from the US Secret Service though. Can't really tell whether they are suggesting something with the video or not, which is probably the point. What do you think ATS? Over the top or is SpongeBob now also to be contained?

It's still just a cartoon, and intended to be satirical. Obviously it's related to drone strikes of Americans that are targeted or perhaps "not targeted but died from collateral damage…"

So…

I mean if you want to chase down every instance of this. You may as well start with any cartoon depicting any person being killed, to determine if it's just a cartoon or if the people that wrote it were intending to harm XYZ that was depicted in it.

Perhaps the makers of white house down, should be locked up. (At the very least so they won't make another awful movie.)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Maybe so. Guess these guys better hope they haven't made any "illegal campaign contributions." At least not to any conservatives anyway.

I did see the humor in the cartoon of Ron Paul in his bunker (I'm sure he has no bunker) and Alex Jones joining them in breaking out of prison in the future.

Seems like there was an undercurrent of suggestion in the movie directed to the audience.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wile E. Coyote got shot plenty of times.

What's the difference?

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is not about anybody killing just anybody. It's about threatening the President of the United States, several of who have been shot at and killed. Out of 40 some-odd Presidents four have been killed, which is nearly 10%, and several more shot at. Those killed were Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy. Those shot at and actually hit were Roosevelt (Teddy) and Reagan. Attempted assassination attempts, i.e. Not just threats, but attempts, have been made against eleven others, and there are those who believe Taylor and Harding were also victims. All presidents, every single one, have been threatened.

The Secret Service does not have a sense of humor about this issue. They once visited a ten year old who wrote a letter to Eisenhower saying he would kill him if he didn't make a new state out of a part of Alaska the kid had "purchased" from an ad on the back of cereal boxes. He had accumulated a group of these postage-stamp-sized pieces (REALLY postage stamp sized, not a metaphor for a small lot.) It made front-page news in my home town newspaper along with a copy of the letter. The kid has got to be in his seventies now, and I guarantee he never got a security clearance.
edit on 2/24/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I seriously couldn't watch more than a few minutes of that garbage.

I don't even care what the content was about, it was just plain moronic. I don't understand the reason behind using such a terrible voice for the characters either. Who or whatever they were trying to satire just fell out for me. I couldn't bear to even hear the content. Maybe I just don't understand cartoons today but it seems that literally dumb content sells...

Were they poking fun at Ron Paul? Did it support him and the Constitution? I don't get it.

wow. That was just terrible.
No offense Bassago, I just couldn't handle it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Can't really tell whether they are suggesting something with the video or not,

Really? It clearly suggests that the only way to save us from an undesirable future is for Obama to be assassinated.
The cartoon, as cartoon it is, is aimed at childish minds. Simple black and white concepts. It is loaded with conservative heros with the one villain being Obama. Simple.

The message here was kill Obama. You could not have missed it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What's the difference?

What's the difference???????

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Were they poking fun at Ron Paul? Did it support him and the Constitution? I don't get it.

wow. That was just terrible.

Yeah agreed it was terrible, sorry about that. The underlying theme was Obama was going to destroy America and the character "We the People" had to do "something" about it. Quite suggestive on how this should be resolved even though it was only a dream.

It was as close to suggesting assassination as you can probably get without just saying "Do it."

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wasnt is something like this that was the supposed reason that 4 americans were murdered in bengazi?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The pattern I see in these "threats to the president" are that our president is so corrupt, dishonest, and so pathetically morally and ethically bankrupt, that so many people are making these types of statements through various methods.. Says a lot about the current political state when so many people are doing these things.

Must be embarrassing to the president to be schooled so often that his actions are despised so much. And yet he continues on with the destruction of America. Just like Pol Pot did in Cambodia.

By saying all of that I do not mean that I condone threats to a leader of the USA even if he is as corrupt as Pol Pot, and never brought to account for his crimes just like Pol Pot.

It is dangerous to even disagree with our current president, let alone threaten him with violence or death. Not smart as so many have discovered in other parties. and a few journalists.. Same as Pol Pot.
edit on 24-2-2014 by alienreality because: added

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Threatening the President of the United States is a serious offense that is never taken lightly.

We're talking about the leader of the most powerful country on Earth...it takes someone really stupid to make videos like these and expect to get away with it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

muse7
Threatening the President of the United States is a serious offense that is never taken lightly.

We're talking about the leader of the most powerful country on Earth...it takes someone really stupid to make videos like these and expect to get away with it.

Yes, but they still did " get away with it" They just had to tell the secret service they were joking.

Which they already knew, but they were forced to save face and so they were sent to investigate.
edit on 24-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

muse7

Most powerful country eh ?

How does one figure that after the defense cuts we heard so much about today ?

Them military folks aren't exactly happy with their benefits getting cut, and after contractors 'just got their raises'.

Bwhahaa 'most powerful' ???

That is hilarious.

People need to face the facts. The only 'best' thing the US is good at is peaving off other people.

What more proof than that video.
edit on 24-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire
reply to post by jude11

What's the difference?

You repeated my question so maybe you didn't hear? Let me speak a little louder...

IT"S A CARTOON!

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

jude11

TerryMcGuire
reply to post by jude11

What's the difference?

You repeated my question so maybe you didn't hear? Let me speak a little louder...

IT"S A CARTOON!

Peace

IT's a video!

And we all know what the current admin does to people who make videos it doesn't like.

The guy who made that 'Benghazi' video is still sitting in jail.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

alienreality
The pattern I see in these "threats to the president" are that our president is so corrupt, dishonest, and so pathetically morally and ethically bankrupt, that so many people are making these types of statements through various methods.. Says a lot about the current political state when so many people are doing these things.

Must be embarrassing to the president to be schooled so often that his actions are despised so much. And yet he continues on with the destruction of America.

The problem with this statement is that it reflects myopia and a lack of historical perspective. The same exact thing has been said in the past about nearly every president. In the campaign between John Adams (#2) and Thomas Jefferson (#3), for example, the rhetoric used would make present-day hyperbolic political campaigns seem tame and polite in comparison. You talk about the "destruction of America," well, Lincoln actually succeeded, according to half the country at the time, and he was killed for it--after several unsuccessful attempts.

So threats are nothing new and it has nothing to do with the current incumbent. This is about the Presidency, not the President, but even so, he ought to be free of risk from crazed maniacs filled with hatred or who think killing someone famous will get them a date with Jody Foster. And, believe me, I am no fan of Obama or his policies. He's a complete disaster, pure and simple, but I hope he and his successors live to a ripe old age.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Cartoon ,,,, yes. You hide behind a veil of simplicity in making such a statement.
Now i will get ridiculous too.
Were your teenage daughter to be depicted as a slut in an obscene cartoon at her high school I doubt you would say It's just a cartoon."

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Innocence of Muslims and 2016 were both videos as well and look how that turned out for the video makers. I've a feeling we're not done here yet with these guys or their cartoon/video. If this was the predictions forum one could speculate that this video will be taken down and the guys who made it find themselves in more than hot water.

Whether you agree with their fantasies or not perhaps a video of congress impeaching Obama and the Master at Arms taking him away in handcuffs would have been slightly less dangerous. Never telegraph to the opposition exactly what you're really thinking no matter how bad you want to say it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

schuyler

alienreality

Must be embarrassing to the president to be schooled so often that his actions are despised so much. And yet he continues on with the destruction of America.

The problem with this statement is that it reflects myopia and a lack of historical perspective. The same exact thing has been said in the past about nearly every president. In the campaign between John Adams (#2) and Thomas Jefferson (#3), for example, the rhetoric used would make present-day hyperbolic political campaigns seem tame and polite in comparison. You talk about the "destruction of America," well, Lincoln actually succeeded, according to half the country at the time, and he was killed for it--after several unsuccessful attempts.

So threats are nothing new and it has nothing to do with the current incumbent. This is about the Presidency, not the President, but even so, he ought to be free of risk from crazed maniacs filled with hatred or who think killing someone famous will get them a date with Jody Foster. And, believe me, I am no fan of Obama or his policies. He's a complete disaster, pure and simple, but I hope he and his successors live to a ripe old age.

My points were that people wouldn't even be doing these things if the president wasn't such a threat to everyone else. Just like Pol Pot was a threat to everyone else.
Our president shares a ton of similarities to the ousted Cambodian leader. Except he might not achieve as high a body count as Pol Pot, but time will tell.

I predict he will even get to live a life after his term expires, and live in luxury and free from any worry of accountability, just like the ousted Cambodian leader is doing right now.

Only a president can make himself "free from threat" by being an ethical and moral leader, and I think we all know that Obama isn't going to ever be that..
So in my opinion, these things are happening because of his own actions. Are people nutz for threatening him still? Of course, but I am just pointing out the cause of it all. I am not saying I agree with it happening though..
I am just making these statements as an interested observer.

Add: And these threats have everything to do with the current incumbent, or are these people just targeting him randomly?
Again, I say I don't agree with it, I am only seeing it happening..
edit on 24-2-2014 by alienreality because: add

top topics

<<   2 >>

join