It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Hagins PhD - The Council That Created Jesus Christ (lecture)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Thanks. If you take the esoteric theme of Christianity, it's really quite beautiful. In my opinion, and I kinda hate to admit it, but Christianity is a necessary evil that codifies the retelling an ancient mystery/truth and preserves it for future generations.

We all are the fruit of Isis. We are Horus. We are the Christ.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by UnBreakable

Thanks. If you take the esoteric theme of Christianity, it's really quite beautiful. In my opinion, and I kinda hate to admit it, but Christianity is a necessary evil that codifies the retelling an ancient mystery/truth and preserves it for future generations.

We all are the fruit of Isis. We are Horus. We are the Christ.

It is the esotertic aspect of any religion that is the wheat. The food of the profane is chaff.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

What?

Your own quoted text says what "lifting the veil of Isis" means, and it isn't sex.

The face and form of Isis were covered by a veil of scarlet cloth, symbolic of ignorance and emotionalism standing between man and Truth. Isis lifts her veil and discovers herself to the true and wise investigator who unselfishly and humbly seeks to understand the mysteries which surround him in the universe

How is "understanding the mysteries of the universe" equitable to having sex???

As for your picture, here is one of Isis, in the form of a bird, having sex with Osiris. And, again, the theory that the writers of the Gospels claimed that Mary was a virgin, just because they fancied the idea, or stole it from the Egyptians, is ludicrous.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The esoteric is just as wasteful chaff as the profane.

When will the leaders come out from the shadows to show this?

Soon, very soon.

And in helping our brothers realize that the entire story is nothing more than astrology into coded cartoons, will some of them then unleash themselves, found again through the fog surrounding this earth.

As Jordan Maxwell loves to say, You can bet your bottom dollar, that religion lies at the HEART of all abominations.

It was there from the beginning for our creators on THIS EARTH, are nothing more than highly advanced beings who deserve to be sent to the scrap heap, for they are nothing but fear, NOW.

I love to ask people who cannot see what is happening this question, how is it now that we are playing GOD able to create souls is about to take place, the AI is capable of becoming what it set out to be...

And still the religions of ALL TYPES, belief systems control the masses , to their inevitable harvest, none of which matches any of the stories they so strongly adhere too.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Wait a minute! You're equating a bird hovering over Osiris' body, taking his essence in "seed" with a woman having sex? Talk about a reach!

Since the "Holy Spirit" is depicted as a bird, and since it is said that the "Holy Spirit" impregnated Mary, then Mary is just as guilty of having sex as Isis was in bird form.

By your logic, neither Isis nor Mary were virgins.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Esoteric teachings are, in essence, science and math. All from the angle of "as above, so below". It is the understanding of the fractal concept of our universe, from the micro to the macro....its all repetition.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

windword

Wait a minute! You're equating a bird hovering over Osiris' body, taking his essence in "seed" with a woman having sex? Talk about a reach!

Since the "Holy Spirit" is depicted as a bird, and since it is said that the "Holy Spirit" impregnated Mary, then Mary is just as guilty of having sex as Isis was in bird form.

By your logic, neither Isis nor Mary were virgins.

Very astute.

The imagery of the dove is important....but less important than the ethereal concept of association with the bird. The type of bird being used in the imagery only changes the personality/purpose of the individual it is meant to represent.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Kinda gives a new perspective of the political terms Doves and Hawks!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You're equating a bird hovering over Osiris' body, taking his essence in "seed" with a woman having sex? Talk about a reach!

I'm not "equating" anything -- I'm just passing on the picture. The caption for that picture, which seems to have been taken from a book, is:

Isis, in the form of a bird, copulates with the deceased Osiris. At either side are Horus, although he is as yet unborn, and Isis in human form. (Source)

If you've a complaint about that, take it up with the author, who appears to be one Dimitri Meeks.

Since the "Holy Spirit" is depicted as a bird

Actually, the Holy Spirit was not a bird, but appeared "like a dove" at Jesus' baptism.

At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. (Matthew 3:16 NIV)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm not "equating" anything -- I'm just passing on the picture. The caption for that picture, which seems to have been taken from a book, is:

Isis, in the form of a bird, copulates with the deceased Osiris. At either side are Horus, although he is as yet unborn, and Isis in human form. (Source)

If you've a complaint about that, take it up with the author, who appears to be one Dimitri Meeks.

One man's modern version of a pictorial description can't change the tradition of Isis being the "Great Virgin" who no man hath unveiled. That tradition is older that Plato and was reiterated by Plutarch during the 1st century.

Actually, the Holy Spirit was not a bird, but appeared "like a dove" at Jesus' baptism.

Actually Isis was not really a bird either!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

adjensen

That's funny you say that. You seems to disagree with every source that doesn't fit your agenda. You also told me:

adjensen
Your "source" is D.M. Murdoch, who is not accepted as a credible source, even by people who generally agree with her.

edit on 26-2-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

One man's modern version of a pictorial description can't change the tradition of Isis being the "Great Virgin" who no man hath unveiled.

Where is she ever called the "Great Virgin" by the ancient Egyptians? Geez, you've made the leap from "she was figuratively a virgin because she only had sex with god, not a man" to assigning her grandiose titles like "Great Virgin".

And you still apparently haven't noticed that your own cited source said that the veil was ignorance, and "lifting the veil" was learning the mysteries of the universe, it had nothing to do with sex.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Sex, and sexual symbolism, can relate to many things.

It is entirely possible that "lifting the veil" refers to more than just illumination of ignorance. It is rare in esoterica to have a central theme/lesson be layed out in such simplistic ways. there is almost always at least 3 levels to a story, understandable to those who are meant to know it

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I think you're really grasping at straws now.

How about if we word it, Isis, who no man has had carnal knowledge of?

BTW, What is godly sex anyway? I believe Athena spent most of her gestation and childhood in Zeus' skull, and Zeus gave birth to Dionysus after sewing him into his thigh.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Isn't godly sex where the woman screams "oh god, oh god". I've seen it in some movies and the actresses don't look like virgins. I know I'm not god because I never evoked that response, but I've made many women point and laugh.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I think you're really grasping at straws now.

How am I grasping at straws?

1) I asked you for an ancient Egyptian source that calls Isis the "Great Virgin".
2) I asked you how learning the mysteries of the universe means having sex.

Both of those are reasonable questions, prompted by claims that you have made.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Have a read through this:

www.corax.com...

It is a "woo" looking site, but has a decent summary of all the key points to help you understand the esoteric implication of the Virgin Mother and how it fits into your question.

If you don't want to look, Ill sum it up thusly: Isis is Virgo, who is related to concepts such as fertility and purity/innocence.

ETA: i think I have answered the question relating to why "lifting the veil" means more than just the simple "plowing of the soil". It also has to do with "parting the clouds" as well.
edit on 2/26/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'll see your "woo site" and raise you with this guy's, who claims that Virgo doesn't mean virgin, it means mother. Or something, I don't know, I got lost after a bit.

i think I have answered the question relating to why "lifting the veil" means more than just the simple "plowing of the soil". It also has to do with "parting the clouds" as well.

I'm not sure why 20th Century western euphemisms for sexual intercourse would be retroactive to the ancient Egyptians, who probably would have no idea what you're talking about.

Sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke, you know?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's another Egyptian inscription from the Temple of Luxor depicting a nativity scene of a virgin birth, mirrored in an "As above so below" template of Isis, the perpetual virgin mother, and the birth of Pharaoh Amenhept III that dates from the 14th century BCE, 1390-1352 BCE! Pharaohs were considered divinity and were the representatives of Horus, on earth.

Here we a have a depiction of the God Thoth telling the Pharaoh Amenhept II, that his wife is miraculously pregnant, very similar to the story of the angel telling Joseph that is wife to be, Mary, is miraculously pregnant with a divine child.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Virgo was a Goddess that was so much more than just a virgin. She is related to many deities throughout recorded time. All of them are essentially either fertility godesses, purity goddesses, or a combination of both.

ETA: from wiki

en.wikipedia.org...

The constellation of Virgo is representative of many identities, all related to maidens, purity and fertility

There is no portrayal here of modern concepts of sex on ancient egypt. This is purely and wholly symbolism in place since before the egyptians.

Sex was seen as a very miraculous thing. Its pleasurable aspects aside, sex is critical as a center focus of much of the mysteries. Because sex is about creation. It fits nicely with numerology. It is pertinent to the daily human life across multiple cultures and times.

Sexual symbolism extends well beyond just the simple phallic symbols. A plow is also a masculine sexual symbol, as the edict of "as above, so below" caused the metaphor of sex to be applied to botanical husbandry. A large portion of the old testament is actually more esoterically related to instructions for farming than anything else. Well, at least in a "low level initiate" sort of understanding. As I have mentioned before, it is quite disjointed for the most part. Not being well studied in Jewish religious matters, I would suspect that there are Jewish texts that would rectify this....

In any event, believe it or not....the "Virgin Mother" symbolism is not new or unique to Christianity.

Have you ever poked around on the mystical side of Christianity? It really is enlightening if you go into it with an open mind. And it really does help enhance what you think you already know about the Bible.
edit on 2/26/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join