It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious "Rocks" appear and disappear... Curiosity Sol 550, 549

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

snypwsd

wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken

Seriously some members on here need to look more closely at images, they are not the same perspective and not taken from the same location, to be honest with these threads there are a certain group of members that are so desperate to find something they make silly assumptions about images this is a fine example!

And some people need to read comments before posting on threads.. if you did you would have seen that we all discussed it before you had time to put your 2 cents in.

So what !!!!!
My comment wasn't just about the obvious sorry VERY OBVIOUS change in perspective, it's about the simple FACT that many of theses threads are created by a group of individuals that SEEM to have spent there entire life on planet Earth with their eyes shut!

It so OBVIOUS that it was due to a change in perspective due to pictures taken at different locations so why was the thread done in the first place

I don't believe that anyone would not have seen this at some point during their life either in books,films or for themselves if they ever bother to look at the world round about them.

Seriously some of the things posted on here at times really makes me wonder what's happened to the education system world wide especially BASIC SCIENCE!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Remain objective...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

wmd_2008

snypwsd

wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken

Seriously some members on here need to look more closely at images, they are not the same perspective and not taken from the same location, to be honest with these threads there are a certain group of members that are so desperate to find something they make silly assumptions about images this is a fine example!

And some people need to read comments before posting on threads.. if you did you would have seen that we all discussed it before you had time to put your 2 cents in.

So what !!!!!
My comment wasn't just about the obvious sorry VERY OBVIOUS change in perspective, it's about the simple FACT that many of theses threads are created by a group of individuals that SEEM to have spent there entire life on planet Earth with their eyes shut!

It so OBVIOUS that it was due to a change in perspective due to pictures taken at different locations so why was the thread done in the first place

I don't believe that anyone would not have seen this at some point during their life either in books,films or for themselves if they ever bother to look at the world round about them.

Seriously some of the things posted on here at times really makes me wonder what's happened to the education system world wide especially BASIC SCIENCE!

Part of the scientific method includes and allows that mistakes can be made. Mistakes in science are always made and this is what leads to learning and understanding by further experimenting and such. If the Image in this thread was never commented on here by anyone, people would not have seen it or the strange contents seen within. There is plenty more in these images than just 2 missing rocks, and I'm very glad I got to see these.

But what you are saying is actually discouraging the scientific method, did you realize that?

If you can explain the nature of the spherical disk inside the fissure in the big rock formation, I would like to hear it. I'm betting the scientists at NASA would also like to know..

add: from reading your comments it doesn't look like you even care about science or serious dialog, just crapping on threads. (not that this hasn't been obvious since a long time ago however.)
edit on 25-2-2014 by alienreality because: add

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

dlbott

wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken

Wow someone needs a zanax and a warm cup of milk lol. The perspective does not change that much as to make those large rocks disappear lol.

The Bot

Really did YOU bother to look at the links that Arken provided.

If so tell me what's your opinion on these two images

First this
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Then this

Now have YOU had your eyes checked recently

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I think this might be a perspective issue.

The MSL had moved further to the left of the main rocky outcrop and the smaller rocks have been hidden by the change in perspective.

Look at the difference in perspective view from the rock - circled in blue;

Then as the "rover" moves further on past the formation -

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

alienreality

wmd_2008

snypwsd

wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken

So what !!!!!

Part of the scientific method includes and allows that mistakes can be made. Mistakes in science are always made and this is what leads to learning and understanding by further experimenting and such. If the Image in this thread was never commented on here by anyone, people would not have seen it or the strange contents seen within. There is plenty more in these images than just 2 missing rocks, and I'm very glad I got to see these.

But what you are saying is actually discouraging the scientific method, did you realize that?

If you can explain the nature of the spherical disk inside the fissure in the big rock formation, I would like to hear it. I'm betting the scientists at NASA would also like to know..

Lets use your claim against YOU if you were using any real method to compare the pictures before jumping to the conclusion the rocks had moved would you not make sure that the images were comparable ie that the main rock & suspect rocks were in the same RELATIVE position in the images which they are not!

Were the images taken from the same distance and angle and location NO

It's not even science as your trying to make out it's plain common sense !!!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

No no, lets not turn this into what I would have done or some other ad hominem attack on me. Let's just stick to productive things, or perhaps you might feel happier somewhere else entirely.. It appears you are feeling a lot of angst so maybe somewhere with a forum that Jerry Springer is hosting..

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

wmd_2008

So what !!!!!

ReLax,,caLm down...the disappearance of those rocks may very well be due too a change in perspective ...but barring that explanation ,there could of been other plausible explanations,, the wind could of blew them away, or a Marsquake could of knocked them over ...The Rover wheels could of dislodge them, or the rover Lazer could of vaporized them,,,they could of been chunks of ice that melted,,or the Rover might of took its wire brush to them & disintegrated them

There are literally thousands & thousands of plausible explanations for them not showing up in the photos,,
which makes next to impossible to prove some kind of fakery is going on

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think they get displaced by the Rover wheeling over them.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Perception from the rover moving to the left of the rock formation

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If you look at what's in the background of that long rock, it's clearly due to the perspective. There's an outcrop in one photo, and flat terrain in the other. The rover moved quite a distance and is looking at the long rock from a different angle, hiding the rocks.

And sorry for a personal comment, but "wmd_2008" needs to learn not to rage constantly and trade accusations with others, but to concentrate on evidence and explanations. Leave the raging and accusations to conspiracy believers ;-)
edit on 25-2-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I get the perspective issue, even in the background of the big rock.
What I have a problem with, is that the second small rock, closest to you when looking at the picture, appears to be in front of the large rock, almost "even" with the split rock, closer than the "outcropping" of the front of the big rock.

So in the next picture, where they seem to have disappeared, you can still see the split in the split rock. Shouldn't you also then be able to see a part of the "front" rock, if they are lined up? It is still closer (more forward) than the "main" rock.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

alienreality

No no, lets not turn this into what I would have done or some other ad hominem attack on me. Let's just stick to productive things, or perhaps you might feel happier somewhere else entirely.. It appears you are feeling a lot of angst so maybe somewhere with a forum that Jerry Springer is hosting..

It wasn't an attack YOU people always come out with replies like that IF you are questioned in any way or shown to be wrong!

The simple point to this whole thread is that if the OP and others had actually took the time to COMPARE the images properly it is perfectly OBVIOUS that the whole thing is due to perspective.

You come out with the BS re scientific method, seriously it's obvious that a few on this thread automatically jumped to conclusions without really looking at what was presented and not for the first time on many of these threads, if they had really used any method of PROPERLY comparing the images they would have seen it right away.
edit on 25-2-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Calm down... Relax... Keep calm... A big breath... Rainbow... Wind... Clouds... The sun shining... Hear the waves of the sea... The birds flying... Love, Love everywhere... Peace in you...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I've got a rock here in my room that I found on a beach in Wales that looks exactly like a shark. But it's just a rock.

If someone stared a thread on terrestrial rocks that resembled other things, no-one would be interested.

Please, please, please!!! Enough with these dumb threads on rocks on Mars that vaguely resemble animals, or people, or buildings, or fossils, or dinosaurs, or........actually, has anyone found a Jesus face yet?! If I had five minutes to WASTE I'm sure I could find one!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by killianhgore

Calm down... Relax... Keep calm... A big breath... Rainbow... Wind... Clouds... The sun shining... Hear the waves of the sea... The birds flying... Love, Love everywhere... Peace in you... Love & Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

killianhgore
actually, has anyone found a Jesus face yet?! If I had five minutes to WASTE I'm sure I could find one!!!

no need , it was quite amusing at the time because the rock actually looked like a piece of toast , to find jesus in there as well , I almost wept >D

funBox

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
One can always check the drive log here to see how much change in position the rover had between two images: curiositylog.com...

Between this image and this image, Curiosity moved 16.17 meters.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Havick007
reply to post by Arken

Usually I am the last person to come in and try to debunk a thread like this!

I think this might be a perspective issue.

The MSL had moved further to the left of the main rocky outcrop and the smaller rocks have been hidden by the change in perspective.

Look at the difference in perspective view from the rock - circled in blue;

Then as the "rover" moves further on past the formation -

That is just my opinion though..
edit on 25/2/14 by Havick007 because: Added images

I totally agree that perspective between the two images has changed, but your images seem to pose another interesting question.
The rock in the distance that you are making as a reference point has two smaller rocks behind it. If the camera angle has changed as much as you have indicated, wouldn't the position of the two rocks behind your reference point also have changed? They appear to be in exactly the same position, it is as if they have just been cut and pasted there.
The second photo does look as if it has been taken at a lower angle, which would account for the foreground difference, but the two disappearing rocks look to be large enough to still be seen. But then again, maybe not.

Having said that, I have no idea about little prairie dog getting into the second frame.

Nice work Arken.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

jamesthegreat
The rock in the distance that you are making as a reference point has two smaller rocks behind it. If the camera angle has changed as much as you have indicated, wouldn't the position of the two rocks behind your reference point also have changed? They appear to be in exactly the same position, it is as if they have just been cut and pasted there.
The second photo does look as if it has been taken at a lower angle, which would account for the foreground difference, but the two disappearing rocks look to be large enough to still be seen. But then again, maybe not.

Their position does change. This animation flips between the two images, and you can see the perspective change:

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join