It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious "Rocks" appear and disappear... Curiosity Sol 550, 549

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken

Seriously some members on here need to look more closely at images, they are not the same perspective and not taken from the same location, to be honest with these threads there are a certain group of members that are so desperate to find something they make silly assumptions about images this is a fine example!

Yes I know, once there was a guy was silly enough to think we could go to the moon...some people!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by Arken

Very interesting find Arken!! S&F for you.

I have to admit when I saw the title I immediately thought, oh hear we go again..

But I am amazed to say the least. There are quite a few anomalies in those pictures that you really cant explain. Once again props on the great find!

Thank you snypwsd.
This is the first imge of the Anomalies that I create and called "Draco". (but only for the Skunk Works forum...
)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Using as a perspective the large flat-to-the-ground whitish/yellowish two pieces in front of the main rock (edit:The two Draco is looking directly at in the post above this, Feed Draco now!), if you look at your "after" pic with the rocks "gone" you can see that those pieces have swung all the way over to the side. So the picture in which the rocks went missing is at a very different angle than the originals.

What's happening to me is ArMap and others have ruined me at the anomalies thread, where this would have been analyzed quickly. They've thought (and taught) me to look at stuff closely and see the possibilities and the impossibilities. It's a blessing, and a curse.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Arken

by the direction of travel it looks like one of them is heading behind the phallus shaped rock , im guessing by the time it reached position for the third photo, they were obscured...

hmm but did the little fella move?

funBox
edit on 24-2-2014 by funbox because: of sending slayer69 blind/mad/ with a gif

Great job funbox, great job as usual

I noticed that "tongue" anomaly too, but your GIF is Amazing.
Stars.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

no worries dood , a little trick ArMaP taught me , 'sometimes less is more'

funBox

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I was going to mention that the background behind the rock doesn't look the same each time a frame was taken...nice .gif to prove my thinking is along the lines of yours.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Arken
For the "It's A Rock!" Crowd, this thread is about Rocks!

Ummm...is it me, or does this hard rock resemble anything else?
LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think you have found evidence of image manipulation arken. Is this the rock "harpoon in a turtle" image from the other thread?

edit on 24-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken

Seriously some members on here need to look more closely at images, they are not the same perspective and not taken from the same location, to be honest with these threads there are a certain group of members that are so desperate to find something they make silly assumptions about images this is a fine example!

Wow someone needs a zanax and a warm cup of milk lol. The perspective does not change that much as to make those large rocks disappear lol. Get a grip and stop taking things so serious lol.

Nice thread, I vote there is still life up there lol.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

wmd_2008
Seriously some members on here need to look more closely at images...

dlbott
The perspective does not change that much as to make those large rocks disappear lol. Get a grip and stop taking things so serious lol.

wmd_2008 is a bit over the top but correct that the perspective changed. The rocks did not disappear, they are still in the smae place, it's the Rover that moved.

If you compare the two original images you will see this change in the background.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Open the two images and identify a spot (rock, landmark) that appears in both images. Flip back and forth between the images while watching your spot. It takes a bit to get used to this process but you will see that there is a huge change in perspective between these two images.

If I knew how I would make a gif like funbox did and this would make the difference obvious.
edit on 2/24/2014 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken

And some people need to read comments before posting on threads.. if you did you would have seen that we all discussed it before you had time to put your 2 cents in.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

excellent photoshop skills nasa...
trying to create an alien mass hysteria, eh?

anyway i'm just joking... i'll be here to read more replies from you all

peace

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Seems these are either two different locations or something strange is going on with the pics. The large rock looks to be the same. I mean how many rocks of random formation can look just like this rock? However the fore and background are very different.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
first ya can "C" the rock,,then ya can't "See" the rock,,,man I wish NASA would make up its mind....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Misinformation
first ya can "C" the rock,,then ya can't "See" the rock,,,man I wish NASA would make up its mind....

Can you explain this? I see some change in the terrain when a different color is overlaid on the original, but don't understand what you're getting at.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Another great find Arken

That golden disk is truly out of place and can't be natural in my opinion. It is perfectly spherical and has a discolored even width band on the inside track which also follows a perfect looking sphere shape.

There are other strange things about some of these rocks.. The rock nearest center image that is missing in the next image appears to have robotic legs with pinned joints and the head looks like it contains a small camera eye in it's center.
Only the first image shows that clearly when zoomed..

Even if none of above is true, it is enough to make people question their own sanity, or believe that someone is hiding something on that planet, or that Mars has a very interesting past history to it.

The first big largest oblong rock in the first image even looks like it could be a body that has died and desiccated and over time now looks like a rock's texture, but I know that is stretching things.. I think seeing legitimate weirdness in these Mars images causes even more weirdness to show through, but I don't mean that this discounts the possibility that some of these are not natural there..

That golden disk embedded in that fissure has me really wondering what is actually up there.
(It also looks clearly metallic in nature..)
edit on 24-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
'these are not the rocks you are looking for'.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Usually I am the last person to come in and try to debunk a thread like this!

I think this might be a perspective issue.

The MSL had moved further to the left of the main rocky outcrop and the smaller rocks have been hidden by the change in perspective.

Look at the difference in perspective view from the rock - circled in blue;

Then as the "rover" moves further on past the formation -

That is just my opinion though..
edit on 25/2/14 by Havick007 because: Added images

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Bilk22
Can you explain this?

this is one of those gray areas

Mars TroLLRock
edit on 25-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Misinformation

See my post above your's -

/Shift in perspective

= View change in rock formations

edit on 25/2/14 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join