It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine - Obama, Putin & Ron Paul!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
With the situation in Ukraine and the escalation of tensions by the East and the West, I think we are in for some massive news in the coming weeks if we do not heed Ron Paul's advice. He has been right countless times in the past but overlooked and made out to be a kook even though everything he predicts comes true.

First let's look at the West's responses to Russia possibly interfering with the happenings:

From the US: (Source)

The Obama administration warned Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday not to react too aggressively to the fast-moving developments in Ukraine, where pro-Western demonstrators forced the nation’s Moscow-backed president from power over the weekend.
National Security Adviser Susan E. Rice said the situation unfolding in Kiev “reflects the will of the Ukrainian people and the interests of the United States and Europe,” and that Russia would be making a “grave mistake” if it sends in military forces to try to reverse the developments — or to seize control of pro-Moscow eastern Ukraine.

From Canada: (Source)

Canada is prepared to enact sanctions against Russia if it moves to rekindle violence in Ukraine, Canada’s immigration minister said Sunday.

In an interview with CTV’s Question Period, Chris Alexander said Canada is watching the situation in Ukraine closely for evidence of cross-border influence from Russian President Vladimir Putin, and it won’t hesitate to act if necessary.

“If someone from outside, including Russia, including Vladimir Putin, tries to introduce violence back to the equation that’s … going to be a very dangerous development,” he said. “But it’s going to be unacceptable to Ukrainians and all of their allies around the world.”

I believe Russia will respond with more than words to these threats from the West by further deploying military and a true show of force.

From Russia: (Source)

“We have noted the expert assessment of Susan Rice based on multiple cases when American troops were sent to various places of the word, especially those where the US administration believed the norms of Western democracy were in danger, or where the local regimes were getting out of hand,” a Russian Foreign Ministry source told news agencies on Monday.

The source added that, “We expect that national security adviser would be giving to the US leadership the same advice on the mistaken path of the use of force if it decides to conduct a new intervention.”

And now we have the voice of reason giving both sides advice on the handling as to what the Ukrainians most likely want:

I know that neither side will listen to the voice of reason as right now it's all about who can puff their chest out the farthest. That being said, these new tensions have everything in the making to spark another "cold war" type event, if not outright war.

I don't believe this is all just talk anymore.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Most of Europe has talked the sanctions talk too.

Obama did say he also wishes the protesters do so peacefully.

Just pot-stirring here as devil's advocate.

I think Russia is not a bear I would want to poke with a stick, and the Ukraine is a beehive I wouldn't stick my hand into--but what I think doesn't really carry much weight on the world stage does it?

That being said, these new tensions have everything in the making to spark another "cold war" type event

I think we are already basically there.
edit on 2/24/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I heard the last war would be in Britain or somewhere in Europe.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

MX61000
I heard the last war would be in Britain or somewhere in Europe.

it still is on going, WW2 isn't really over if you take a close look, only truce since 1945

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Firstly, I don't think we Canucks should be mouthing off with threats of anything.....This government we are presently tolerating will be out of office soon enough....and it would be smart of them to stop sucking up to the Americans if they want any seats in parliament at all.........
Putin will do what Putin does......and theres really not a whole lot that can be done about it....really......
The Americans fund this "popular movement"and they are fomenting the trouble as in all the recent "revolutions"....acting as the Military Arm of the Banksters.....and the corporate interests everywhere they can.......
The banks will bleed North America dry to get their agenda on track......
Time for our own style revolution this summer.....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Time for our own style revolution this summer.....

Led by Mayor Ford!!!

That would be great!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Gotta love the man! I did find the little blurp about Rand at the end very telling.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
US jumping up and down impatiently to get into Libya/Syria and they warn Russia not to act so fast ?
Lion telling tiger - dont eat meat.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Well we have a strategic investment in Ukraine as well as allot of money over the past few years. So does Russia, at least in the east where there bases are. Putin would rather have the whole country back. He grows especially tired of Obama. He looks down on him and thinks he is inferior. He literally hates having to deal with him and loves to show him up any chance he can.

To be honest I am really surprised he has not already moved into Ukraine already. Really nice time to reduce our forces, idiots lol.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This could be very bad. France may be the balancing act between Russia and China vs. the UK and US, however.

rt.com...

As long as Russia, China, France, The UK, and The US remain mutually part of the Permanent Security Council there will be no "World War" however. The most we'll see is a Cold War, the existence of the UN is specifically so that a WW3 never happens. As long as the UN exists, no WW3, at least in any traditional sense.

UPDATE: I did some more research, and I'm inclined to believe the EU and Russia's elite are working behind the scenes secretly, beyond the prying eyes of the public, to exacerbate this whole Ukraine situation to serve their best "financial" interests. War debts and reparations anyone?

nationalinterest.org...

Yup, apparently the New Axis are Russia, Germany and France. Got this after a google-search for 'Russia's closest allies'.

From the same source;

But once the patient is out of critical condition and up off the operating table, can Ukraine stand on its own without a lot more European help? Once the revolution is off the front pages and the sense of urgency has passed, European governments will remember that the redesign of the Eurozone and the needs of weaker economies already in the EU must take precedence. Nor do Europeans want an extended fight with Russia, the country that provides 28 percent of the EU's imported natural gas. It took bloodshed to get the Europeans this involved in Ukraine’s future. What will it take a year from now?

If things go really badly, Russia may convince the EU that Washington is the one to blame, and the U.S. could be facing heat, not only from Russia, but the E.U. as well. It is important in highly unstable geopolitical climates such as these to, not only "think outside of the box", but to "get rid of it all together", expect the unexpected. Yes, it is the common viewpoint that it is the United States, United Kingdom, Israel, EU and Pax-Americana against the Muslim world... but it is not so simple as that. Look back through history, Hitler was Time's Man of the Year in 1938, not even a year before WWII kicked off. Who knows which side of the battle-lines the U.S., or another EU/Pax-Americana nation and their "leader" could end up...

edit on 25-2-2014 by Davian because: (no reason given)

top topics

join