I've decided to sacrifice myself to become a weapon... for the people.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I need some feedback on this, I don't know if somebody has already tried to do this, but I believe with enough money and funding, I could transform myself into a nightmare for the powers that be...

It is the year 2014. A few short years ago, many leaps were made in technological prowess that enhance physical performance. Notwithstanding, the fact that any day now this tech could become readily available for public use. The HAL exoskeleton is available for $4,200 www.dvice.com... an exoskeleton capable of giving the user enhanced leg, arm, and torso strength. www.dvice.com... Another that has made steps forward toward an augmented reality, an LCD contact lens capable of displaying text and information directly to the user:
- www.psfk.com...
- en.wikipedia.org...
- www.youtube.com...
- www2.imec.be...
Now, the latter of those 4 links was erected 2 years ago... take this into consideration.
This is just in its brainstorming phase at the moment, perfect time to throw around ideas and such that could be used to optimize the next generation of superheroes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, I'm going to get some chastising and extremely negative responses from this, I am aware of this, so go ahead and get it out of your systems, just make sure somewhere in there there's something constructive and it doesn't turn into a pointless mud-slinging contest.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Once you get all sixty-million dollar manned up, what then? Isn't it easier just to buy a big truck and drive around? Please take lots of before and after pictures.

There are so many breakthroughs in body-replacement technologies that I wouldn't be surprised to see David Rockefeller appearing on Dancing With the Stars one of these days, looking like Brad Pitt after a 10-mile run.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah I imagine they have some crazy sh%t. Anything that we know about is at least a decade old too!!!! I have always believed with the amount of children that go missing each year that at least half of those are for military projects. Think about it, people the military could program without all the extra effort. Poor kids though. They probably are nothing more than automatons by the time the military is done with them though. Those that survive the experiments that is.

Good thread but I doubt they would take volunteers when they could easily steal babies and brainwash them from an early age.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ok,so you got the gear...then what? Sacrifice yourself means??? What do you do? Who do you go after all decked out like Tony Stark. And ..next generation superheros.... I guess I missed the first somewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Due to taxes, permits and regulations I'm thinking you would be better off attempting to be the 600 dollar man.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
They have tanks mate, loads of tanks. You are not a tank.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You don't need a lot if high tech gadgets............just be free in your own head, and the PTB have no defences for it.....
The idea we need to match or beat the PTB tech to oust them is fallacious at best.....
What needs to be worked on is our inner selves and our definitions of whats right (caring) and whats wrong.....(not caring)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I figured I wasn't going to get many positive responses from this, what else can you expect with all the fear-mongering on this forum? It's all doom and gloom, it's all "the people in power are going to stay in power, and there's nothing anybody can do about it when they decide to come for us and put us all into camps", or its "because our military is spread too thin, when the UN and FEMA come for us, and there's only so much a community can do, after they take our guns away, what can we do?"

Basically, I'm hoping I don't need to do this, but I want the gadgets at my disposal just in case.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Negative outcome ,proprietary is monitored. The moment you start getting the more exotic components constructed it would be detected and you would be dealt with unless you are the most highest level of scientist in many fields of practice ,you will need VERY secure help. Money can do it ( At a guess at least a trillion in order to hide it,dig an underground base COVERTLY ,materials scientists,etc) Don't forget to kill them all so the secret is kept with you...

In short I don't think an individual could do it at the current state of white tech,wait for nano tech.
edit on 24-2-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am confused.

What would you do once you're finished? How will you be a nightmare?

Unless that exoskeleton is bulletproof, and has a bulletproof helmet to match I don't think you will be much of a "nightmare" for anyone, let alone "TPTB".
edit on 24-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Davian
Yeah, I figured I wasn't going to get many positive responses from this, what else can you expect with all the fear-mongering on this forum? It's all doom and gloom, it's all "the people in power are going to stay in power, and there's nothing anybody can do about it when they decide to come for us and put us all into camps", or its "because our military is spread too thin, when the UN and FEMA come for us, and there's only so much a community can do, after they take our guns away, what can we do?"

Basically, I'm hoping I don't need to do this, but I want the gadgets at my disposal just in case.

Your last sentence begs an answer. Need to do what, exactly? Do you see yourself storming some secret bunker saving mankind from TPTB?

I'm trying to follow your line of thinking, but you need to lay out exactly what you are thinking. Or, are you hoping some deep pocketed member here will pony up the funds to make you Mr. Invincible...

Des

edit on 24-2-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Davian
I need some feedback on this, I don't know if somebody has already tried to do this, but I believe with enough money and funding, I could transform myself into a nightmare for the powers that be...

It is the year 2014. A few short years ago, many leaps were made in technological prowess that enhance physical performance. Notwithstanding, the fact that any day now this tech could become readily available for public use. The HAL exoskeleton is available for $4,200 www.dvice.com... an exoskeleton capable of giving the user enhanced leg, arm, and torso strength. www.dvice.com... Another that has made steps forward toward an augmented reality, an LCD contact lens capable of displaying text and information directly to the user:
- www.psfk.com...
- en.wikipedia.org...
- www.youtube.com...
- www2.imec.be...
Now, the latter of those 4 links was erected 2 years ago... take this into consideration.
This is just in its brainstorming phase at the moment, perfect time to throw around ideas and such that could be used to optimize the next generation of superheroes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, I'm going to get some chastising and extremely negative responses from this, I am aware of this, so go ahead and get it out of your systems, just make sure somewhere in there there's something constructive and it doesn't turn into a pointless mud-slinging contest.

the exoskeletons are all but useless, what good is it if your shot from 100 yards or more away with what undoubtedly would be started to be used, armor piercing rounds. or from a drone flying above at 2000 to 10000 feet firing missiles at your a@@. whats the need in being able to get there, faster or easier if your only going to be killed just the same. until they find a way at making them effective in a firefight and not just mobility why would you want one.

now the contact lens would be pretty useful if they were part of a fire control and target acquiring / tracking systems, but you will never be able to get it.

then you got to remember that people will be designing tech to defeat these systems.
edit on 24-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

n00bUK
They have tanks mate, loads of tanks. You are not a tank.

that remind s me of a joke, but t&c keeps me from telling it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

So your OP was implying a shtf scenario,and you want a stockpile? Your thread title and your OP indicated one of two things to me...a serious delusion of grandeur whereby you become a superhero (your word), or you are wanting to sacrifice yourself for the people against the powers that be (again your words) which could easily translate into an intention of terrorism. Not much of a stretch from where I'm sitting,and not sure which scenario disturbed me more.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

BINGO! Thank you for saying it for me.

I don't think the OP likes the direction our questions are going. I don't think he expected so many logical questions.

Des

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If your suggestion is to get the Exoskeleton for the power and ability it would bestow upon you...look at it this way, and honestly for a moment before spending a ton of money to likely learn the same thing in a much harder way.

Scenario #1. You are You. A private citizen buying a very very expensive piece of equipment. High tech, high promises and..it's real expensive, so surely it must work. Confidence, you'll have ..and a much lighter wallet for awhile, anyway. You'll have something to feel like you could take on the world tho....

Scenario #2. You are an elite military special operator where the abilities that suit gives are the baseline you need to survive, if you're depending on mechanical assistance for that. In that case... $4,200 would bring questions of "What flea market did Uncle shop for that thing at?!", even if it's in the same box you'll buy it in, as a civilian.

You'll be asking it to do some of the same things. If not at first, then eventually.... Now there are TWO big differences in scenarios and they mean everything to consider. In #1....You are just you. When it breaks (always at the worst moment) you may or likely will not have the unaided ability to get yourself out of whatever the suit got you into...before leaving you to swing. In #2, you have the full logistics chain of a military behind you, probably a tech attached to your unit just for that contraption, and the ability to hand it back with a work order to beg for someone to fix it.

Either way...I bet it breaks the first hard day of use, before the end of the day. Probably breaks in a way the military would frown at, but fix, if it didn't get someone killed for how and when it broke. For you tho? Your dreams are ruined before they begin, since you won't have a support system and unlimited funds to fix and maintain.

Just food for thought before buying a new dinner.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

If you are truely serious about becoming a "nightmare" for someone, let me tell you how to do it "on the cheap" and maybe pass on a bit of advice.
I would suggest get yourself into the best possible physical contition you possibly can imagine. Then step it up a few notches.
Enlist in the American military and put in for BUDS training for the USNavy Seal program.
Now for the bit of advice. The primary objective of this program is to break you and rebuild the man they want. Your only "sanctuary" is to keep a safe watch on your mental state.
You will either become someone elses nightmare or begin to have them of your very own.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

What, like some kind of Weapon X? ...Hell yeah!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Davian..here's a comment for you, and i'm afraid it's a negative one...honest, but negative;

THEY KNOW!

You've just told 'TPTB' what your plans are, and now they are going to be watching you..the operative word you used was 'weapon', and the fact you are using it in conjunction with 'TPTB'..it's now qualified.

You're on a list, going to be closely watched and recorded, and so on.

I mean, come on mate...don't you watch the news?

Never heard of the NSA? GCHQ?

Well, they've heard of you.

You'd be better off seriously reconsidering your position IMO.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Aren't these exoskeletons just used to lift things heavier than a person without could? ...And at the moment "tethered" by a large bundle of cords and wires to something?

Do they cover your entire body in bullet proof materials? No.(a la super hero mentioned in OP) Tony stark is from a comic book.

Are you immensely wealthy?

How would you "sacrifice" yourself with a fully decked out "superhero" outfit (of which many pieces are not developed/available yet)????
What, force a way into congress or the white house, then what?

Like another said that sounds not far removed from the much simpler and common suicide vest of terrorists.
Just by using the vest term I'm most likely already flagged.
With your plans, you would be much more than just "flagged".

I guess I just don't get it.
edit on 2/24/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: Hi NSA and DHS, I just used the vest term as an example to make a point, so cool your burners.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join