It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harold Ramis Has Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Talented fella. He left his mark on America. His work is classic 'Americana'.
I'm thinking he'll be best known for Ghostbusters and the movie Stripes.
He died from autoimmune complications ... inflammatory vasculitis.

ABC News Entertainment

"Ghostbusters" star Harold Ramis has died at 69 years old, United Talent Agency confirmed to ABC News today.

Ramis was known as much for his off-screen work -- writing the "Ghostbusters" films, along with "Groundhog Day" and "Analyze This" -- as he was for playing Dr. Egon Spengler in front of the camera.

Ramis was surrounded by family in his Chicago home, where he's lived since 1996, when he died early this morning from complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, his wife Erica Mann Ramis told the Chicago Tribune.

edit on 2/24/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Very sad. Harold Ramis is one of those guys that will be truly missed in the world of entertainment.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Animal House was huge and that was his! He was guilty of bringing me many, many laughs.

I will thank him for that.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sad news. I was hoping to see a new Ghostbusters movie with the cast reunited.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Such an incredibly talented man, and such a huge part of pop culture. A sad loss, he will be missed. He was very sick, though, and at least there is no more suffering. For him or his family.
Rest In Peace, Harold.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
He directed a lot of great movies, too.

I believe "Groundhog Day" was just one of many.

Talented, and will be missed.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Good bye you zany mother#er............the world becomes a drearer and sadder place...............

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
R.I.P Egon. another man of greatness passes by.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Heard it as it hit the news, one of my childhood heroes, hurts like it was a member of my own family.

He may have been 69, but he was too young, and too talented, he will be sorely missed by a lot of people.

Goodnight Harold.

:'(
edit on 24/2/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
CNN - Harold Ramis Vasculitis

The disease that led to actor-director Harold Ramis' death is one of an often-mysterious family of maladies that can starve organs and cause painful tissue damage.

Vasculitis develops when the body's immune system turns on its network of veins and arteries. Blood vessels become inflamed, restricting the flow of blood or cutting it off entirely, according to the National Institutes of Health. The disease can also cause an aneurysm, potentially leading to dangerous internal bleeding.

"Basically, the arteries can be leaking, they can be blocked or broken, and that all causes problems," said Dr. Peter Merkel, a rheumatologist and director of the Penn Vasculitis Center at the University of Pennsylvania medical school. "If you interrupt the blood supply, whatever organ or tissue is being supplied downstream is unhappy."

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
He certainly left a legacy...not just the things he was in, but the films he was involved in behind the camera or in writing. I think you'd be surprised if you check.

For me, he'll always be Egon though....

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
RIP Harold

Very sad news, great both in front of the camera and behind it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thats too bad. He was an Icon. I hope he is directing movies in heaven.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thats too bad. He was an Icon. I hope he is directing movies in heaven.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow didn't realise he was so old he always looked the same in any movie he made. Stripes, ghostbusters all good.

top topics

join