It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the working "celtic cross" and the work of LA WADDEL prove xianity is DEAD WRONG ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

Drift?
Not at all
We are going to Scotland on this thread
the Picts are critical to this thread as Beansidh's thread about PICTures of Pictish art has hinted to
Drift is allowed, i don't have all the answers, I'm pretty certain of what I have found, but I want to get down to the heart of it all on this thread...

which means me learning something

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Many non xians feel that way What I hope to discuss is the WORKING CROSS, and its decent into obscure symbology to hide its use remember the Christians were flat earthers too

Other than a few exceptions. Christianity has never taught the earth was flat. I have heard this so many times, and everything I've read on it, says it is a falsehood.

As to the "working cross". I personally think this is a very significant discovery. Am I to understand the guy who discovered this has applied for a few patents on it?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Good point
sure this should be more about what is the truth then what it isn't
There is a problem though with the fruits

the best that could happen is enlightenment
there is the element here of secret knowledge
thats why the reference to me AV which contains the cross, the stars, and the pyramid
and a reference to christian masonry...the templars....the pope(s)and a proto bank based on metals...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi Klass
i have had this debate before and the best that came up were bible verses stating the earth had pillars and corners...
not normally found on round things

The references to circles were all in relation to or similar to the part of the book of enoch
which talks about gates and circles and directions and seasons...
which is exactly the pre flood math and science I am talking about
That is why the book of enoch is NOT in the bible
from the book of enoch

The Book of the Courses of the Heavenly Luminaries

www.sacred-texts.com...
edit on 24-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

i still recall columbus was a genius because he realized that the earth was round watching a butterfly on an orange, and noticing ships rise and sink on the horizon and how that was how he sold the king and queen on his idea

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A picture is worth a thousand words

In the present discovery, Crichton proposes that these early stone masons carved a particular object in the ancient cross that closely resembles a wheel and is designed to rotate between cross bars on a hub. If this is the case, as observation seems to confirm, we must then ask why?

Crichton observes that in some of the older crosses, early masons incorporated a serpentine design around the wheel and also made the arms of the cross more wide at the outer edge than on the inner. Why?

The answer to these questions only came to Crichton when he was experimenting with different methods possibly used by the Egyptians to survey the Great Pyramid and align it with the stars. All constructions require preliminary surveying. The Great Pyramid was an enormous undertaking of civil engineering. Using the simplest of materials and the accepted mathematical techniques of the Egyptian era, Crichton assembled a theodolite, which could carry out the tasks required.

With the addition of a scale rule and a plumb line, the instrument resembled cross and was extremely accurate, fulfilling the required task and much more.

Not long after his discovery, while carrying out further research, Crichton reviewed the records of the Dixon Relics that were discovered in the North shaft of the pyramid's Queens chamber in 1872. Crichton observed that there were further relics still in the shaft and that these could be seen quite clearly in photographs taken by Rudolph Gantenbrink (1994) with his famous miniature Robot Uphaut 2. Crichton assembled the relics in a logical format and the astounding result was a cross and plumb line of incredible accuracy

www.viewzone.com...

It makes me wonder though about some of the closed minded responses to something which is a useful as what we are dealing with here

Here we are again tied into Masonry, and the Egyptian mystery schools

now if you wanted to keep all the sheep in the fold you would bury this invention as far down a hole as you could?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The cross as a symbol is far older then Christ.

And Jesus was recorded as being killed on a pole/stake/plank (Greek word Stauros means straight piece of wood, stake, pole, plank). There is a completely different Greek word for Cross (two pieces of wood crossed) that was NOT used.

Now ask why modern Christians bow down to a symbol which originates in ancient paganism. A symbol which has nothing to do with the death of Jesus Christ... But one that the high priest of the Roman sun worshiping church (Constantine) claimed he "saw in the sky" (sun worship) and the symbol gave his army "power", so it became the symbol of the Holy Roman Church.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit: I can't get ATS to take the whole link since it contains a " ' " in it. please insert the " ' " after the word Jesus to view link.

God Bless,

edit on 24-2-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sun worship looks like a cargo cult miss translation of what I am showing here it wasn't about worship
it was about time and navigation and building pyramids all over the place...

Where Miller saw the cross parts in the film about the robot in the unsealed shaft there was a star map of 10,500 BC
this goes back far past paganism even
there is a thread around here somewhere

which is why I feel its the key to a whole lot of interesting stuff

that's the phrase i was looking for: cargo cult

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
here is a sample of the book of enoch as it relates to the astrological

LXXII. The Sun.

CHAPTER LXXII.
1. The book of the courses of the luminaries of the heaven, the relations of each, according to their classes, their dominion and their seasons, according to their names and places of origin, and according to their months, which Uriel, the holy angel, who was with me, who is their guide, showed me; and he showed me all their laws exactly as they are, and how it is with regard to all the years of the world and unto eternity, till the new creation is

p. 96

accomplished which dureth till eternity. 2. And this is the first law of the luminaries: the luminary the Sun has its rising in the eastern portals of the heaven, and its setting in the western portals of the heaven. 3. And I saw six portals in which the sun rises, and six portals in which the sun sets and the moon rises and sets in these portals, and the leaders of the stars and those whom they lead: six in the east and six in the west, and all following each other in accurately corresponding order: also many windows to the right and left of these portals. 4. And first there goes forth the great luminary, named the Sun, and his circumference is like the circumference of the heaven, and he is quite filled with illuminating and heating fire. 5. The chariot on which he ascends, the wind drives, and the sun goes down from the heaven and returns through the north in order to reach the east, and is so guided that he comes to the appropriate (lit. 'that') portal and shines in the face of the heaven. 6. In this way he rises in the first month in the great portal, which is the fourth ⌈those six portals in the cast⌉. 7. And in that fourth portal from which the sun rises in the first month are twelve window-openings, from which proceed a flame when they are opened in their season. 8. When the sun rises in the heaven, he comes forth through that fourth portal thirty mornings in succession, and sets accurately in the fourth portal in the west of the heaven. 9. And during this period the day becomes daily longer and the night nightly shorter to the thirtieth morning. 10. On that day the day is longer than the night by a ninth part, and the day amounts exactly to ten parts and the night to eight parts. 11. And the sun rises from that fourth portal, and sets in the fourth and returns to the fifth portal of the east thirty mornings, and rises from it and sets in the fifth portal. 12. And then the day becomes longer by †two† parts and amounts to eleven parts, and the night becomes shorter and amounts to seven parts. 13. And it returns to the east and enters into

p. 97

the sixth portal, and rises and sets in the sixth portal one-and-thirty mornings on account of its sign. 14.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I do have to agree with the last poster, Christians never thought the earth was flat, it was a myth started not long after Darwinism as a way to slate the Catholic education of the era before (this was also not long after the Protestant reformation, where people swapped Catholocism for a de-centralised version of essentially the same thing and then hated Catholocism....) if you look into quotes as far back as plato you'll see him describing the Earth and planets as "luminous spheres" and there is plenty of Scholars from the Catholic middle ages who have said in their works that the earth was round or curved or a ball etc. and its a bit funny that you're doing a post about the cross and how it was used for measuring curves and also stars etc yet think the people who used it didn't notice that the Earth was curved... there has never been a time that people belived the earth was flat, even the Egyptians and obviously the babylonians knew, the Catholics who came later didn't forget and were never taught otherwise, the templar could never have navigated the globe as they did and believed it was flat and that's 200 years before columbus and around 2000 years afters the works of Plato...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus died on a cross (they believe he died on a stake). I think you're talking about adulterated "Christianity."

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

I'm not trying to be difficult...but
this is where i always ask for direct quotes

A very select few knew of the new world from 1000 on - vikings, and much later Portuguese fishermen...
if they new it was round why did no one sail to the new world publicly as Columbus did...
they had the boats, Thor Heyerdahl and the kon tiki expedition proved that...other cultures were out sailing...
The Chinese abandoned a city in British Columbia around the time of Columbus...

Every verse from the bible I have seen as rebutal does not refer to the EA.RTH...
not even a woodcut...the portolans...its like the few that exist are conspiracy theories themselves...
and they are not global

the church took the templars out because they had the cross...and the money...a friday the 13th I think it was
dunno about them being Global
Id like to see some proof of that

so who was travelling then?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus died on a cross (they believe he died on a stake). I think you're talking about adulterated "Christianity."

LOL
there are thirty thousand kinds of Christianity
which one is the tru faith?

According to the World Christian Encyclopedia (year 2000 version), global Christianity had 33,820 denominations with 3,445,000 congregations/churches composed of 1,888 million affiliated Christians

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

He's right though... Jesus was nailed to a stake not a cross...

Theres no evidence of a cross bar being used... and Cross isn't the word used in the texts either...

Stauros (σταυρός) is the Greek word...

And in fact the earliest solid evidence we have about crucifiction shows the stake is the accurate method they used...

edit on 24-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I'm not talking about faith. It's up to anyone to decide what their faith should be. I personally, though being a Jehovah's Witness on paper, do not subscribe to their beliefs; at least not anymore. However, I would suggest you do research, and you just might find that Jehovah's Witnesses is as close to the Christianity that Jesus and the apostles apparently intended. At least it seems that way, and on the surface. They base all their doctrines on various scholarly research materials. The scholars that they glean their research from are not necessarily Jehovah's Witnesses.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks. At least someone agrees with me.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Akragon

He's right though... Jesus was nailed to a stake not a cross...

Theres no evidence of a cross bar being used... and Cross isn't the word used in the texts either...

Stauros (σταυρός) is the Greek word...

And in fact the earliest solid evidence we have about crucifiction shows the stake is the accurate method they used...

but behind Jesus is a good place to hide the cross I'm talking about
right in plane sight
don't forget the church had to explain all the standing stones from around 3500 bc till now that had celtic crosses carved on themwww.abovetopsecret.com...
an excellent thread with nice PICTs...LOL...from Beansidh

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

i don't disagree with you about jesus being hung on the cross / stake issue
thats an internal debate for christians about DOGMA
I disagree with you that there was a jesus,an odin, a krishna, a moses, a budda, a minotaur and a manitu
lol
but with over thirty thousand kinds of christians all saying something different and all claiming to know for certain
ill have to stand in line

Ill bring in the WADDEL Translatios as I can

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

That's true. But, at risk of repeating myself, Jehovah's Witnesses are ahead of you on that one, too. They believe that mainstream "Christianity" has been infiltrated by pagan beliefs, and instruments such as the cross. I recommend going to the Jehovah's Witness website. It's open for non-Jehovah's Witnesses to do scholarly research. You don't have to be a Jehovah's Witness to use it or much less to become one. I would tell you what the name of the website is, but the comment might be deleted for promotion of a website. I also want to iterate from what I've stated on other threads that I don't believe the Bible is factual.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Whether there was an actual Jesus, Odhinn, etcetera, that I don't know for sure. I do believe in God, however. I'm more agnostic about those figures that you mentioned than I am about whether God exists.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Ahh...hence: Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict.

Love it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join