It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 393
<< 390  391  392    394  395  396 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Good luck on your job interview Tsu! may the rainbow Gods shine down upon you. LOL

Hot and humid today but breezy so it made it tolerable.

Went out for lunch and shopping with my friend Linda. I got a bottle of wine.
Got some amazing bargains on kids toys that I will put away for birthdays or xmas. I got the cutest bookmark for a dollar. It's one of those 3d types where if you move it back and forth the picture moves. Mine is of 6 colorful frogs and when you move it it looks like they are all walking across a lawn. LOL It doesn't take much to amuse me.

8 pages and counting.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Actually seven with your post.

It doesn't take much to amuse me either. But my problem is I always want to be amused.
That can be hard at times.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hiya Night! Thank you.

OMG, I can't believe you are doing xmas shopping! I normally leave mine until about a week before and do a few mad rushes.

Are you thinking of adding to our story before we go? I probably will when it's all calmed down here and I can concentrate. So long as the eight pages doesn't go really fast.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Good morning all

Tsu the very best of luck for your interview today

Have an awesome day all

Cody .

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Just checking in on you fine folks.

I am off to bed for a long nights sleep so good night you guys.

Good luck with your interview today Tsu!!

*hugs* Night and Jacy

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Best of luck in your interview Tsu........what's the job btw?

Lovely day here again.....I'm going out into the garden this pm.....finish sorting my pots.
Spent the morning putting the world to rights with my Scottish girl friend Lorna, she's here till Thursday.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hi Jane

How's it all going with the solicitor ?

Well one hopes

Cody

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Thank you for being concerned Cody.
Well, I was ready for a battle with my solicitor on Friday and worrying that she might withdraw from representing me.
She came left field, totally on the same page as myself. I think her letter to my sisters solicitor being forwarded to the undertaker did it....client confidentiality and all that, and she came out all guns blazing!

Being t'internet, I don't want to say too much but this old bird has been fighting this whole thing for 5 years now, and it has left me very cynical. I wont be feeling any sense of relief until I have probate, then the fun and games will begin.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Go Get 'Em Jane!

I have a good feeling about this one.

Hi Everybody, finished work early again, YAY!
The Sun is shining, but not too hot. Nice breeze and birdsong to accompany it on it's merry travels.

I'm making a wee campsite in the garden for the kids!! (School/Nursery are off for a couple of days from this afternoon)
and I think I might visit the biggest FREE music festival in Scotland this weekend (If I can afford it!!!! LOL)

How's U lot doing?

G

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hey Gordi!

Blimey, nursery moving to your place for the period in question then?

Incidentally, as a chap who appreciates a laugh, I would love to get your opinion on this...

Would you agree, that this has to be one of the funniest statements ever made?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Hia Jane, I'm glad it's going well with the solicitors! There are some good ones out there.

The job I was interviewed for is receptionist in a hotel. It seemed to go OK but I'm not building my hopes up, he is interviewing others and there's loads of people going for each job here so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I' would be using a PC instead of a mac though if I get the job so that should be fun. Not.

I'm back out for an appointment at four that I can't get out of then to the vets, I think my cat may have a broken foot/leg. She only puts a little weight on it and limps. I'm thinking she may have been fighting with a neighbour cat on the roof next door. I have to wait for Dad to get home from work to take her though, I'm not taking her on a bus. As far as I'm aware she's had two lives now. She really is the clumsiest cat in the world, she can't even run in a straight line at the best of times. She's going to hate me with a passion if she gets a cast on her leg.

Hiya everyone else!

Hope you are all well!

Massive hugs!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Hey Tsu!

Fingers crossed on the job front! I went to an interview at the post office once, many moons ago. The interview room was actually the size of a small dance hall, and contained 80 bored looking applicants. When I realised that this would not be an interview as advertised, but some kind of group event in which there would be no one to one time with the employer, I decided to get the heck out.

Now, if you had the opportunity to directly communicate with your prospective boss, then I would say you have a damned good chance of getting the job, due to your overwhelming awesomeness level.

Also, I am sorry to hear that your cat has a possibly broken leg.
I hope the vet visit goes well, and that your cat does not make too much of a fuss over any cast that has to be applied.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Hotel Reception?
Was it here?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Hey Gordi!
Blimey, nursery moving to your place for the period in question then?
Incidentally, as a chap who appreciates a laugh, I would love to get your opinion on this...
....Would you agree, that this has to be one of the funniest statements ever made?

LOL - Just tents for my two thankfully! Wanted to make sure that they are still ok before the camping season gets into full swing!

Yeah, I think that the electric sex pants statement is "quite" funny, but I don't think it's made it into my "funniest ever" drawer. I do like his delivery though!

cheers!
G

PS Countdown To The GATHERING!
edit on 21-5-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a LINK

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Thank you for the countdown Gordi...I've added it to my fav's (besides putting it in my diary)!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Jane I like Gbro have a good feeling about this, you without meaning any offence what so ever are one lady I would NOT want to cross.

Tsu sorry about Tiddles' leg, and I've got everything crossed for you.

Gbro too funny with that picture

True how you holding up Bro.

Rod asked me to say "Hi" to you all.

Cody

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

Jane I like Gbro...

Cody

Well, Cody... erm.... I mean.... well... I'm flattered obviously... but ahem,.....

Case for the Prosecution?
"Bad Grammar Your Honour"
Hmm, Case for the Defense?
""It was taken completely out of context your Honour!"
"Hmmm, NOT GUILTY! Next..."

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hey Tsu, I hope all went well today?

Oh, here's a photo of the "mirrored" finish on my conservatory now it's all "settled in" (takes a couple of weeks for the tiny water droplets to evaporate). You will see that from the outside, when it's sunny - you can't see in at all!
It also keeps the room cooler (and more useable) in the sun.

Cheers!
G

PS - Forgot to say that you can still see OUT perfectly well (It's a wee bit like looking through lightly tinted sunglasses!)
See?
Cool!
edit on 21-5-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: i wanted to add a PS

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I am holding up pretty well.

I involved myself in the arcane art of roundabout usage today as part of my driving lesson, so that was good, if initially baffling. It also made me aware of something that I had previously been successful at totally ignoring for the most part, that being the speed at which traffic behind me, wants to be moving.

My instructor told me that he wanted me to go around the roundabout at the lowest speed that I could imagine taking a roundabout at, and when I did, he told me to do it slower. Now, I know that he is the instructor, and knows what he is talking about, and so I complied, but it was very clear to me that I was taking that roundabout at thirty percent of huge actual speed that people take roundabouts, AND that I am not talking about the nutters who take them too quickly. I am talking every person who has ever gone around a roundabout, will have done so at perhaps as much as ten to fifteen miles an hour faster than I was going.

Also, before the first contact with the scenario, my instructor had me look at a diagram while we were pulled up by the side of the road. It featured three scenarios, all at the same featured roundabout. The left turn, the straight over, and the right hander. Now, I will not bore you with the details of all of those, since you must surely be aware of them already. However, what confused me, is that despite being instructed that I must keep to the right hand lane if turning right, when I actually got to the roundabout, and crawled round it with glacial speed, he was overly concerned with my distance from the edge of the roundabout itself.

Now, as the person in the driving seat, I was able to ascertain that although I was not half a mile from the edge of the roundabout, at the speed we were traveling there would have been no way for me to scuff his car on the kerb of the roundabout, unless someone else's car had hit us, and pushed us there. I was actually monitoring our clearance with regard to the roundabout very carefully, using the mirrors, and direct line of sight, WHILE getting the indicators right and all the other malarkey which is involved.

This is perhaps the first time that I have not been able to square my instructors words, with his desires upon actually reaching the point of applying his instructions.

However, we made several passes of the roundabout, and I improved my performance with every pass, despite the fact I still have not been instructed as to how to take a roundabout at a reasonable, normal speed. I find myself questioning the worth of any driving lesson which does not teach the learner how to ACTUALLY take a roundabout at a half way normal speed, since an examiner is hardly going to pass one for taking a roundabout at such a low speed that the entire flow of traffic is disrupted, or at a speed which results in the slowest other car on the road becoming intimately familiar with the rear end of ones own car, having failed to slow down through sheer disbelief on the part of its driver.

How the heck are you?

Oh, also, it appears that I am suffering from some sort of verbal explosive event at the moment, so I apologise for the essay response!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: cody599

Jane I like Gbro...

Cody

Well, Cody... erm.... I mean.... well... I'm flattered obviously... but ahem,.....

Case for the Prosecution?
"Bad Grammar Your Honour"
Hmm, Case for the Defense?
""It was taken completely out of context your Honour!"
"Hmmm, NOT GUILTY! Next..."

Grandma Nazi

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 390  391  392    394  395  396 >>

join