It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 387
<< 384  385  386    388  389  390 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Sorry mate

Try to keep up

Cody

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oh sweet Jesus
The wife just put on Frozen, it's like all the out takes from Britain's got no talent rolled into a Disney movie

Head phones going on in 3.................2.............

Nope I can't wait that long

LOL

I'll be in my own world until this infernal racket plays itself out

Truebro I feel your pain

HELP !!!

Cody

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

OMG!!! HELP!! They're gonna get stuck on that ski-lift?? and someone is gonna have to go for help!!! But How??
Ohhhh!!! Bad Wolves! BAD Wolves!! Naughty Wolves. Ahh well.

Is it THAT Frozen? (Oops I just spoiled it didn't I?? LOL) or is it the animated kiddie one? WHAT's she watchin that for?? Gettin some practise in?

Hey Cody - saw you mention Sunday Roast - Did you ever get round to trying my... what one was it??? Ohh the Gammon Joint boiled in orange juice?? I think?

GREAT to talk to you earlier, and the Mrs LOOKS stunning in that wee towel! (You might want to switch your canera phone off next time!!! LOL)

Big G - Can't WAIT for THE GATHERING!!!! YeeeHAWWWW!!!!!
edit on 18-5-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a note

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hiya Shedders!

Hope you are all well!

All's good here, I spent the afternoon on a steam train with my Dad and some cool Ausie tourists. It was um, different.

Some people missed the last train so the driver went back to fetch them, then people missed their stop so we went the other way to drop them off. So much more fun than I thought it would be although I think we must have spent an hour and a half just going back and forth the same two mile strip. We did laugh 'til it hurt though so it's all good.

I was hoping to see the Devils pile of stones (Like in the Russian stone-cone thread) because it's out that way somewhere, maybe next time.

Massive hugs to everyone!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Glad to see ya Tsu! Who's to say all that back and forth wasn't prearranged. But as long as it's fun, it's all good I say. Sometimes a comedy of errors can make my day. (though most times, not so much)

Seriously thinking about becoming a hermit, just so I can save up and travel back to the UK and Europe to finish my history tour list.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hiya Dawg!

Massive hugs!

It was sooo much fun, I want to go back next week just to see what goes wrong. They have a tour down an old closed mine too so that should be a laugh a minute. If I'm not online next Sunday evening send a search party!

OMG when are you coming to the UK?! We will have to have another gathering! Yay!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

As to coming back to the auld sod? Who can say? My doc's are giving me all sorts of conflicting advice concerning my back. All I know is that I want my life back where I can travel again...I'm getting antsy being nailed down.

I sat for three hours last night at a Tattoo (Memorial service) and have not experienced that kind of pain in a year. Truthfully, I was happy to leave, get home and lay down, even though I had to say CYA later to a bud I haven't seen in a year.

But when, not if the chance arises, I will give a shout out that I'm coming. That will give my cousins across the pond to either meet and greet or run for the hills and alert the MOD that TDAWGREX is coming!
(That would be funny, as I'm sure many of them would greet me with a pint so we could reminisce the old days.)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsu322
.....They have a tour down an old closed mine too....

...the brakes SCREECHED and SCREAMED loudly as the tourist train bulleted down the old abandoned mine track, with its throttles jammed open!!! Up ahead a sharp bend came into view, and all too soon the mighty engine was cast on it's side and skipped over the rails, bursting right through a heavy stone wall like a bullet through a wet tissue.
Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the whole heaving mass came to a stop, and the steam, smoke and dust began to settle and clear.
The passengers peered out into the darkness and found themselves in the crypt of an old ruined church. Above them, light was streaming in through a wide opening, which had the appearance of a ragged trapdoor, and through which they could see a strange other-worldly shimmering glow from a curious object atop an alter.
At their feet lay an ancient but beautiful parchment scroll, which, when unfurled, revealed some gloriously delightful writing in some strange sweeping handwriting, reminiscent of the Elvish writing they had seen in those Hobbit movies! ....

Duhn Duhn DUUUUHNNNNNN!!!!! LOL

Hi hunny!
How are you doing?

Evening Dawg!
Everything good your end? I actually had quite a nice wee day today. Weather was fine. Spoke to a few old friends on the phone and bumped into a few more in the park! Played football with my boys - showed them a few moves!!! I've still got it!!! LOL Even though I never had it in the first place!!!! I'll have to give it back soon?? LOL

Rest of the sheddites? whassup?
G

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry you lost a friend Dawg, I hate when that happens

I'm not sure what sort of advice your docs are giving you but my Mam has major issues with her back now because she refused to do physio at home. She thought taking to bed and not exercising would work but it had the opposite affect. Swimming helped though.

You can't invite the MOD to a conspiracy theorist gathering! They'll take notes!

You know it's going to snow when you're here don't you?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey folks! How are you good people this evening?

It's been a hot, tiring, but oddly hilarious day, full of hard work, discovery, merriment, and wonder!

I helped my friend put up new curtains, helped spring clean an apartment, and used the power of the sun in the sky to light my cigarettes! By that I mean, I mucked about with a magnifying glass

At one point, I used a bit of backing board, refuse from the packet the curtain came in, as a test object for my magnified sunlight ignition capabilities. I rolled it up, and held the magnifier up, aligning it with the sun, and then adjusting the distance between the target and the lens, until the beam shrunk to an ultra violet spear of light, which scorched the edges of the rolled up cardboard. In no time at all, it was aflame, the breeze fanning the embers in the footprint of the beam, in fact, such was the ferocity of its combustion, that soon I held not a mere rolled up cardboard off cut, but a torch, fit to illuminate an adventurous tale involving underground catacombs!

I love using science in an inconsequential manner!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't sit around a lot, I do almost everything standing these days. I'm pretty much always on the move and my back thanks me for that most time. And c'mon...not MOD as in ATS, but MOD as in the Ministry of Defense.
I had a feeling that would be confusing when I typed that. But I didn't lose a friend recently, it was a memorial ceremony. Held annually.

You need to kick your Mom in the backside and get her moving again. Just tell her, "I had to listen to you for X amount of years...well, Missy, it's your turn now!"

edit on 18-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
At one point, I used a bit of backing board, refuse from the packet the curtain came in, as a test object for my magnified sunlight ignition capabilities. I rolled it up, and held the magnifier up, aligning it with the sun, and then adjusting the distance between the target and the lens, until the beam shrunk to an ultra violet spear of light, which scorched the edges of the rolled up cardboard. In no time at all, it was aflame, the breeze fanning the embers in the footprint of the beam, in fact, such was the ferocity of its combustion, that soon I held not a mere rolled up cardboard off cut, but a torch, fit to illuminate an adventurous tale involving underground catacombs!

Soooooo, yer sayin' ya built a fire using a Magnifying glass?

Spit it out man!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes, but you see, I am feeling especially verbose tonight for some reason!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Epic spiralling tangent Gordi!

How are you my good man!?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Yes, but you see, I am feeling especially verbose tonight for some reason!

So, you'd like to talk?

I see, please have a seat on my couch.

Feelin' a little Freudian tonight myself.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Freud? He was a composer right?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Or maybe like this?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
LOL
I'm good.
A little tired. Was band practicing Friday and gigging last night. Got to bed about 3.30am?
I'm gettin too old for this!

Speaking of which...

my bed is calling! (I know that's a strange name for a bed but what can I do??? LOL)

G'Night Folks!

G (or GoGo as my wee pal Mark has taken to calling me??? LOL)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Night matey!

May the ocean of dreams rock to the optimum wavelength!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

OK, so I'm a writer that can't read.

I guess you had to say goodbye to your friend until next time then and you won't be bringing Skeptic or any other authorities?

FYI, you can't spell colour!

top topics

<< 384  385  386    388  389  390 >>

join