It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 383
<< 380  381  382    384  385  386 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Yea, I know what you mean. Rapscallion Three Gates. Three Gates? What is this? Let's make a Deal? I'm going to have to look into that one.

Well, here is what Google gave me.

If you are tempted to reveal
A tale to you someone has told
About another, make it pass,
Before you speak, three gates of gold;
These narrow gates. First, “Is it true?”
Then, “Is it needful?” In your mind
Give truthful answer. And the next
Is last and narrowest, “Is it kind?”
And if to reach your lips at last
It passes through these gateways three,
Then you may tell the tale, nor fear
What the result of speech may be.
by Beth Day

Doesn't sound to nefarious?...does it? *All the while stepping away.*
edit on 15-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't think Night and Syx will be able to refuse these beauties!

As for us Welsh pirates....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I just realised something which rocks about this whole pirate idea...

I ALREADY HAVE A PIRATE NICKNAME!

My pirate nickname is one of many monikers I used to go by when I lived in a small room at the back of a pub. My name is Cap'n Neckbeard! Yes, when I was but eighteen years of age, and living in a room the size of a jail cell, my beard did not have the longitudinal credentials which it currently possesses! It used to grow exclusively below my chin! Coupled with the fact that I wore/wear bandanas a lot, and that people only ever saw me with a glass containing rum or ale in my hand, and that will give you some idea of how I came by that nickname.

The tale of my acquisition of this name goes thusly:

I was sat at the bar on a stormy night, great waves broke against the sea wall, thunder cracked the skies above, and rain soaked all below it. The lights flickered and dimmed, before going out completely, at which point the bar was shut to all but regular patrons, and candles were distributed about its interior. Upon catching sight of my candle lit countenance, a fellow named Maaaaartin (added pirate effects improve even the simplest of names!) was startled, and proclaimed in loud voice "By Christ! It's a ruddy Pirate!"

At hearing this, another regular, who had a name which I have forgotten said "Don't worry, it's just Cap'n Neckbeard!"

I laughed, we all laughed. The night drew to a close without any further mention of it. When I awoke next day, I carried on my normal business, and as part of that I called a friend of mine on the telephone, and the first thing I heard when he picked up, was the sound of a grown man wetting himself through laughter. I asked him what in Gods name was going on of course, at which point my friend explained that after the previous evenings events, he had decided to change my entry in his phone book. Yes, when I had called him, his phone had informed him that he was receiving a call from Cap'n Neckbeard!

Not only had he changed my entry in his telephone memory, but twenty other patrons had done the same, the very evening upon which I had received my new title! Before a week was up, eighty percent of the people who had my phone number in their phones address book, had me down as Cap'n Neckbeard! After a year, there were even people who only ever knew me as Cap'n Neckbeard, or The Captain.

Life... Is MENTAL like that some times!

edit on 15-5-2014 by TrueBrit because: Because iPads think they know better than I do. Potted version? They do not.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What a brill name! You're sorted then....best board your ship then Cap'n and see what needs doing...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I have developed a checklist...

1) Install phalanx guns on all quarters.
2) Cover the entire deck in toughened solar panels to enable electrical power to be used on the ship without a vast carbon footprint being created.
3) Fix the galley up.
4) Plug all holes in the hull.
5) Distribute any doubloons in the captains cabin to local charities.
6) Replace all gold with more sharp things!
7) Install massive sound system, and replace all cannons in gun ports with massive bass speakers!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Brill....absolutely brill!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You want to replace cannons with speakers!? Really!?

Nothing replaces cannons!

Even Chainsaws have their place!

edit on 15-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

And yet...

My reasoning goes as follows...

I already retrofitted phalanx guns onto the ship, so defence is covered.lets face it,In terms of a phalanx guns ability to do damage over a period of time, they are far more destructive than cannon shot, making traditional cannon an affectation rather than a useful measure.

Also, the idea of speakers, blaring out bowel churningly heavy metal at vast volume from the gun ports of a pirate ship just ROCKS so hard that the image in my mind is kind of making me sweat, and want to check my hair in the mirror.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

And yet...

My reasoning goes as follows...

I already retrofitted phalanx guns onto the ship, so defence is covered.lets face it,In terms of a phalanx guns ability to do damage over a period of time, they are far more destructive than cannon shot, making traditional cannon an affectation rather than a useful measure.

Also, the idea of speakers, blaring out bowel churningly heavy metal at vast volume from the gun ports of a pirate ship just ROCKS so hard that the image in my mind is kind of making me sweat, and want to check my hair in the mirror.

..............and on that note...I have to retire for the night....Nos da all

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

True. I worked PSYOP and we NEVER sacrificed our speakers for firepower.

I think we have room to do both here.

After every succussful mission upon return, the FOB could hear this...well before they could see us.

edit on 15-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Crap! Another ETA

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Hell Jane, you're just enjoying the argument.

Ain't ya!?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yup....but by the same token....we are on a peaceful Rainbow mission are we not???

Anyway....something really spooky just happened here. My landline phone has the old fashioned bell ring. It's just 'pinged' just the once, not the whole ring....rather like in the film It's A Wonderful Life when an angel gets its wings. I've only had this happen to me once before in my life way back when I was in University......I'm going to bed now.......big day at solicitors tomorrow.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That's weird.

Good luck at the solicitors tomorrow, I know that they have been a pain in your backside.

And even though I need to Google what that means...it doesn't sound fun.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Dawg.

I am a metal head. I never sacrifice my ability to output, and input, ear buggering decibel levels of music, for lumps of shot fired from cannon which were a devil to load, had a small rounds per minute count, and are not laser guided.

Phalanx guns, as I am sure you are aware, have none of those faults. Also, one can store more rounds for a phalanx gun aboard a vessel, than one can store cannon shot, because the rounds are smaller, and weigh less. This means WAY more room for Rum, food, cutlass storage and above all other considerations HEAVY METAL!

It also means that assuming I have a phalanx at the prow, the stern, the starboard and port railings, and one in the crows nest, the ship will be adequately defended. Given the aforementioned bowel churning noise output which is possible with weaponised speaker stacks, I also have the tactical option of literally making my ocean going enemies soil their pantaloons!

What I do not have, is a crew at risk of catching a cannon to the hip and lower spine, if and when the mounting chains eventually snap, and the damned thing flies across the deck like a greased cabin boy on a damp rubber mat.

This ship is not a floating psyop... It's a floating metal gig with pirates on it!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Been there. done that and damn near shat my drawers going home on leave. Never saw a Phalanx on land before. There I was smoking a cigarette when all of a sudden this thing whirls to life and farts like a T-Rex! Scary stuff...well maybe startling to say the least.

I'm not saying a muzzle loaded cannon (though still cool and keeping with the motiff) but rather something that is breach loaded. A cannon is a cannon after all.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

See, I am pretty certain that mounting the gun in your vid, on a wooden ship would see the cannon fire once, and either shred the deck as it propels itself clear OFF the deck and over the side, or be far too heavy to mount without the entire thing dropping through the deck! That mount must weigh in excess of eight tonnes, AT LEAST! I would not be surprised if it was closer to twenty.

From the size of the shells, and the size of the rest of the deck, I would say that thing has to weigh a similar amount to a tank!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Oh Hell, I can see you're getting all technical.

How about if I sit astride it during the testing phase?

What could go wrong?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Two words for you, and both of them are kind of hilarious when bolted together...

Testicular disassociation.

It almost makes you want to drink a Dr Pepper does it not? What's the worst that could happen?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All righty...

Seems I need to go to bed, otherwise I am going to be about as much use as a dishrag soaked in plague sweat. See you wonderful folk tomorrow!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Ok...I'm rather attached (Thank Dawg!) to my gonads.

But I still say we still need a cannon.

new topics

top topics

<< 380  381  382    384  385  386 >>

join