It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 376
<< 373  374  375    377  378  379 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

edit on 1352014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex
deleted. Others had better sentiments for TDawg....... (mine was , today anyway, foot in mouth again.)

edit on 13-5-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
OK....I'm back all nuclear powered and turbo charged

In no particular order....

Jacy

Night

Tsu

Woodsmom

And the boyos.....

True

Cody

Gordi

TDawg

Homer

Foss

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Dawg...please don't feel used. I truly believe that you always have 'best intentions'.
I think all the participating members in this thread are the same...kindred. You could pick any one of us and get a shoulder and an ear, if you want/need to unload.

The fighting that you did....someone appreciates it. Someone you likely don't even know. You are a good person, I believe that completely.

Getting mail last week, I met another tenant in the building...patted his dog. We started talking, and he told me he was 92...and that he was injured in Normandy. My eyes welled up, and I asked to shake his hand.
His eyes were so kind, and I could tell he was very proud and appreciated my reaction.

There was a time when people fought for the rights of other people...to me they had best intentions.
Many people joined the military for that very reason. They believed they were doing something good....or right.
I believe that you had best intentions.

A lot of us have been let down. By others...in relationships where we only had 'best intentions'. Don't let them get you down any farther...they don't deserve it. Success is the best revenge...so strive to be happy where ever possible.
The ones who mis-led us....hurt us...tricked us....? They don't even deserve mention.
(Even if you feel that your own country let you down)...don't look at it that way. Perhaps certain people in positions of power have not helped...but many MANY people appreciate and respect you, as I respected the WW2 vet.

I hope this comes through as authentically as I mean it.... is still...wobbly....but nothing but love and respect here for you hun.
jacy

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thanks Jane!

I will always fight the good fight!

Even though I have been fooled before...freakin' demons!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Seconded.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Welcome back Jane!

I love those angel pics! You must have spent ages picking them out!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Thanks Jacy. That means a lot.

When we're younger and full of vim and vigor, we don't really think of our actions, no matter how good intentioned.

But as we get older, we start to see the world as how screwed up it really is. Well, some of us any ways.

Hell, I guess a good cry is good every now and then. Can't say I like it, but I think it's needed from time to time.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Jane! I love them too! You did a wonderful job, putting all that together!
Don't we look smashing? lol

jacy

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

There are certain times that tears are completely unavoidable...so I just go with it.
When I had to put Stinky down, I hadn't cried for such a long time.
I actually howled. Alone in the car, I howled....(never done that before)...
I think years of not letting it out, made all the pent up sadness/frustration/anger all come out at once!

So don't push yourself that far, let it out...then let it go....
*hugging the Dawg*
jacy

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322
Nope....they just kept popping out at me when I was looking for mine, and I kept seeing you guys in them.

Hi ((((((((((((Jacy)))))))))))))))

I'm off to get something light to eat....haven't eaten all day

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Kool Job Jane!! Nice!!!

This is a bit of drift I know, but maybe fun for some. ever wonder what yer name may be in WereWolf? Wonder no more! LOL!! Mine's Alpha Red...... CC's is Ravenous red.

edit on 13-5-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

OK...Cool. Apparently Cody is also the lead singer from,,,WhiteSnake!

But I have to say I like your version of me. Pretty much faceless.

Pretty much spot on...though the guys could do need to grow some hair.

Especially you Cody!

edit on 13-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

SYX!! This is too funny!
I just used your 'guide'...but I used my maiden name...and my werewolf name is: Rogue Howler

My (legally, otc) medicated mind finds that extremely amusing...hehehe....
Ironic, but amusing!

jacy

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Kool Job Jane!! Nice!!!

This is a bit of drift I know, but maybe fun for some. ever wonder what yer name may be in WereWolf? Wonder no more! LOL!! Mine's Alpha Red...... CC's is Ravenous red.

My name means Ancient Warrior.

But it did pretty much in Scottish as well. Douglas.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
LoL Jacy! Too Kool Huh??! Im waitin to hear from a doctor in this area to take me so I can get my good meds back. Need em terribly. Old doc back home finally stopped refillin me. Sucked, but knew it was comin'. That's what I get for procrastinating. You know the old saying, I was gonna join a procrastination club, but kept puttin it off.......

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Hehe....yours was the biggest Angel Warrior and I just see you as physically the biggest guy in the family for some reason. As to Cody's...well it was the bike that did it, I mean could you really see him going into battle without his beloved Beast? True is pretty self explanatory with the St George cross, and Gordy...the fist clenched as he lets out a Highland howl and the 'castles' behind him. Homer is pretty self explanatory and Foss, bless...the baby Angel in our choir.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow TDawg, an X military Guy having that name in WereWolf? Maybe there's more to this that I thought???!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Dude. Everyone who pays tax in the US and for that matter in Britain, ought to feel negative about the wars for oil.

But unlike a significant majority of the population of those countries, you, and homer there, you guys went and acted in what you thought was defence of your nation. You were lied to. You did not go and do what you did for the hell of it! You went and did what you did because you were told to, because you were under the impression that you knew exactly where the real danger was, and had been told what you had to do about it.

Millions of people a year do things for NO reason, that are wrong, that they KNOW are wrong, that cannot be justified in even the smallest way. You should have been able to trust your government not to utilise your abilities in any theatre, or for any reason, not specifically devoted to defending your nation, and it is not your fault that they turned out being a bunch of goat molesting bastards. You did what you did for the best reasons a person can do anything. You were prepared to give your life in service to your nation, to the people of your nation.

There is no higher calling, than to offer up your life in defence of your fellow human beings. You should be recognised for that willingness.

It has to be said, when I was a kid, I learned a lot from my grandfathers. Both of them were WW2 veterans. One in the navy, the other was a D-Day lander. They were very different fellows, one brash and loud, the other retiring and introverted. But the one thing they agreed on, was that it is important to know more about a situation than you have been told, before you decide on anything. This is something that they drilled into me, until it became clear that I had no intention of joining a military force.

The reason? They knew that unlike them, I really had a choice in the matter. Both of them told me, that if they had seen any other way to prevent the very immediate and total destruction of the lives and culture of our country, other than strapping up, shipping out, and putting large amounts of lead in anything wearing a swastika, then they would have done it had they been given the choice. But there was no other option. The enemy were literally dropping bombs on us already by the time they had anything to say about it. Regularly. Not just blowing up some buildings with planes, or bombing some buses and so on, but actually crushing cities under bombardments, with appalling amounts of damage being dealt.

No trust between them and their government was required in order for them to see the writing on the wall in that scenario. That is why I never thought "hey, might be about time to get on the old camo and gunmetal wagon" myself.

What I am trying to say is, that I learned that lesson from someone ELSES experience, which is great for me, because I did not have to experience something awful for myself, to see the wisdom in postponing such a thing until it's necessity was in no doubt what so ever. But not everyone gets to learn from two such men as my grandfathers. Not everyone gets to learn from their ancestors, and not everyone gets the same information if they do!

Again, you are not to blame for what you ended up in the middle of, any more than someone should feel guilty when they get raped, or abused in any other way. You had to learn by your own personal experience, what some people learned from their grandads. But you should be proud that you stepped up when you thought it necessary, and here is why.

Me personally, I oppose war for any other reason, than to literally prevent an unfolding genocide, or the destruction of my own homeland by military means. But some people who oppose war, would rather die than fight to save themselves, their families, their friends, or the neighbour four doors down that they speak to once a month.

You would fight for the neighbour nine doors down, that you only met yesterday, and that much is proven by your actions. You may feel used Dawg, but you have a better soul than anyone who would leave his friends and neighbours to a fate they did not choose, merely by choosing not to act for ill thought out, absolutist reasons. You and homer might feel somewhat dejected by what you have been through, and I cannot imagine how that feels for you. But I think the pair of you are stone cold badasses, just for being prepared to stand up for something, even if you got duped along the way. That was not your bad, and you need to appreciate that.

Hand the responsibility for what you felt was wrong with what happened during your time at war, to those upon whose shoulders it truly rests, and never...NEVER allow those bastards to steal megadeth from you! Megadave probably thinks you are awesome, and I definitely do!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

And Dawg is 'Ancient Warrior'?
Okay, this is cool...I want to hear from the others!

Syx, hehe...I procrastinate a lot too, lol.

Weird synergies tonight. I just mentioned that I howled a few posts earlier, and I'm Rogue Howler. Dawg is talking about fighting...and he is 'Ancient Warrior'. Just too weird. (I love weird!)

You guys are 'Alpha Red' and 'Ravenous Red'? (Well I think I just won't go there, lol...try it with her maiden name too!)
jacy

True: *Standing Ovation* well said hun...well said.

edit on 13-5-2014 by jacygirl because: standing ovation

new topics

top topics

<< 373  374  375    377  378  379 >>

join